Crap, Albania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: don't feel bad, i'm currently on my laptop too, and even though my computer's keyboard is the exact same size, i always make typos on the laptop. i think it's because of the plastic cover :mad:

My typos are 'cause the keyboard on here is smaller, so the keys are closer together. I used a PC for about...2 years or so (alternated between laptop and PC before that.) and I guess I was just way too used to the PC. So I tend to overshoot the keys I am looking for!

Bloody hell.

I've suggested that some day soon, we arrange for as many of us as possible to be online at the same time and see just how quickly we can finish a thread when we try. I reckon we can do it in 3 hours.

But once people such as Ian and I are back in university, I imagine threads will go back to taking 1-2 days to finish.

They can be pretty damn quick. Our speed records for finishing complete threads:

1. Beer, Devon: 5 hours, 57 minutes
2. Brest Railway Museum, Belarus: 6 hours, 10 minutes
3. Why, Arizona: 6 hours, 27 minutes

I believe our average over our entire history is about 850-900 posts a day.

:ohmy: That's insane.

My typos are 'cause the keyboard on here is smaller, so the keys are closer together. I used a PC for about...2 years or so (alternated between laptop and PC before that.) and I guess I was just way too used to the PC. So I tend to overshoot the keys I am looking for!
yeah, i hear you. the wireless keyboard for my computer is small like a laptop keyboard, and i think it's the exact same size as my laptop's keyboard.

:grumpy: the alternate Tracklistings of TUF you LM and LMP were making the other day. Did you see one that you thought was particularly good :lol:

God, I don't remember off the top of my head, heh.

I need to work on my own one. I mean, sure, there's my epic one with every UF-era song, but I mean something REALISTIC that you could imagine the band releasing, not some ultra-listing for the UF-era fanatic.

I've suggested that some day soon, we arrange for as many of us as possible to be online at the same time and see just how quickly we can finish a thread when we try. I reckon we can do it in 3 hours.

But once people such as Ian and I are back in university, I imagine threads will go back to taking 1-2 days to finish.
and now that we're gaining new people, the threads should finish even faster! :love:

and i'd be totally up for us postwhoring like that, as long as it's not 6 am or something :giggle:

yeah, i hear you. the wireless keyboard for my computer is small like a laptop keyboard, and i think it's the exact same size as my laptop's keyboard.
It's annoying sometimes! Though I really do like being able to lay in bed with this thing. :love:

Even if it has resulted in my falling asleep whilst online before. :lol:

and now that we're gaining new people, the threads should finish even faster! :love:

and i'd be totally up for us postwhoring like that, as long as it's not 6 am or something :giggle:

Yes! Though we clearly still need some people who are round 6-11am my time, since this place always dies around then. Late afternoon/early evening for you. I was thinking of timing the ultra-quick thread attempt for a Friday/Saturday night in the US, which would be Saturday/Sunday afternoon here, so we'd get both the North American crowd and the Aussie/Kiwi crowd.

By the way, which AIM account should I IM you on?

Yeah, I'm in! As long as it's not all early morning like that 'cause we're in a whole different part of the day than the Aussies.

Yes! Though we clearly still need some people who are round 6-11am my time, since this place always dies around then. Late afternoon/early evening for you. I was thinking of timing the ultra-quick thread attempt for a Friday/Saturday night in the US, which would be Saturday/Sunday afternoon here, so we'd get both the North American crowd and the Aussie/Kiwi crowd.

By the way, which AIM account should I IM you on?
i try to post here, but i'm usually talking to myself and maybe one other person :tsk:

the dizrythmia one :D

:lmao: omg...my mom was throwing a book at me (like in a good way, cuz we're across the room from each other) and she was like "i hope i don't hit [our cat]" and guess what she did? the book landed right on the poor kitty :sad: :lol:

God, I don't remember off the top of my head, heh.

I need to work on my own one. I mean, sure, there's my epic one with every UF-era song, but I mean something REALISTIC that you could imagine the band releasing, not some ultra-listing for the UF-era fanatic.

I feel like such an ass because I keep asking for and forgetting to save this particular list, but i've got 120 minutes to work with...would you mind posting it one last time :sad:

:lmao: omg...my mom was throwing a book at me (like in a good way, cuz we're across the room from each other) and she was like "i hope i don't hit [our cat]" and guess what she did? the book landed right on the poor kitty :sad: :lol:

:lol: Aww! Poor cat!

I've seen my fair share of funny kitty things though.
This one cat that we had jumped into the kitchen table and you know how they sink their claws into the first thing they can grab, right? Well he grabbed one of the mats on the table which is about light as a feather, went sliding off the table belly first and landed on his back on the floor, then took off running. He was okay but :lmao:

Dear Metal Hammer

The two free samplers with the magazine are great

Could you please avoid from having some of the same songs on both cd's though.

Seriously

:madspit:

:lol: Lame.

And you really are living in the old days in Dialup Land. Print magazines, sampler CDs ... :wink:

ATT1748208.jpg

ATT1748183.jpg

ATT1748180.jpg

:lol: Aww! Poor cat!

I've seen my fair share of funny kitty things though.
This one cat that we had jumped into the kitchen table and you know how they sink their claws into the first thing they can grab, right? Well he grabbed one of the mats on the table which is about light as a feather, went sliding off the table belly first and landed on his back on the floor, then took off running. He was okay but :lmao:
My neighbor's cat who usually hates people climbed into my lap Saturday and decided he wanted a scratch. Me, the deathly allergic one. So I did, I scratched his ears and his back and the cat drooled all over me. I've never heard of a drooling cat. Then he started licking my hand. That cat is part dog.

Yes, it is.
I prefer it so much over the PC.
I do plan on getting it repaired or something sometime, but I think I'll use my laptop more. :drool:
:yes: i still prefer my imac because it's got all my files, and because i hate not having a real mouse. the mouse i have is wireless so i could use it here, but it's a pain in the ass to link it.

My neighbor's cat who usually hates people climbed into my lap Saturday and decided he wanted a scratch. Me, the deathly allergic one. So I did, I scratched his ears and his back and the cat drooled all over me. I've never heard of a drooling cat. Then he started licking my hand. That cat is part dog.

Cats drool when they feel very comfortable with someone, it's a reaction related to suckling their mother, and basically means you've just turned them into kittens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom