Crap, Albania Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #316
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
You're sposeda be MY mind-reading sis. Not my Axver's-mind-reading sis!
Who said that my mind reading was exclusive to only you?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
And how do we know Dallas didn't make a mistake regarding what the creature was?
Praying Mantises tend to sit upright, while grasshoppers are pretty much horizontal, as was the bug on Edge's beanie.
Which leads me to conclude that it was indeed, a grasshopper.
*reviews pic* yanno, with those antennae, I think I agree with you. It's a grasshopper.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #318
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:14 AM
Quote:
Random: I was watching Sci-Fi Channel last night and The Ghost Hunters went to Larnach Castle in Dunedin to try to disprove the haunting there. I thought of Axver and his musical niche.

The Ghost Hunters caught a photo of an apparition, btw.
Holy shit, you're kidding, Larnach Castle of all places in Dunedin? The one work of fiction I'd say I'm still working on (not the one Axver comes from) is set in a fictitious New Zealand town called Larnach Beach, named after William Larnach and Larnach Castle.

Mmm, the Dunedin Sound.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Who said that my mind reading was exclusive to only you?
I did.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #320
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Random: I was watching Sci-Fi Channel last night and The Ghost Hunters went to Larnach Castle in Dunedin to try to disprove the haunting there. I thought of Axver and his musical niche.

The Ghost Hunters caught a photo of an apparition, btw.
Ghost Hunters is freakin' awesome.
I know a lot of people who don't believe in that kinda stuff but I for one, can say i's very real!
I've had too many happenings for my liking!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #321
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I did.
Oh well. I am not too bad at multi-tasking. It's a piece of cake!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #322
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You're sposeda be MY mind-reading sis. Not my Axver's-mind-reading sis!
I read a lot of minds. It seems I've been reading Ali's a bit lately, and I'm convinced Fellow Albino Railfan uses my brain somedays rather than bothering to use her own (though she claims it's actually the other way around).

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Holy shit, you're kidding, Larnach Castle of all places in Dunedin? The one work of fiction I'd say I'm still working on (not the one Axver comes from) is set in a fictitious New Zealand town called Larnach Beach, named after William Larnach and Larnach Castle.

Mmm, the Dunedin Sound.
Yup. They put subtitles up for the Kiwi woman who walked them around the castle. I found that rude and unnecessary. She spoke English just as clearly as the guys with the thick New England accents. They don't put subtitles on Brian "Dude, run!" Harnois.

While they were doing the reveal of the evidence, the fire alarm was set off and the fire brigade had to come and everything and the fire chief goes, "There's no fire. Must've been the ghost again."
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #324
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
*reviews pic* yanno, with those antennae, I think I agree with you. It's a grasshopper.
I used to catch grasshoppers, praying mantises, butterflies and the like when I was a kid. I've seen plenty and plenty of them. Different colours varieties and the like.

I remember when I first saw those pics of the bug on Edge's beanie and people were calling it a praying mantis, I was like, "Wtf? That's a grasshopper!"
Old 07-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #325
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
but I for one, can say i's very real!
Well, I would hope you weren't my imaginary sis. That'd be one strange ongoing hallucination, that others are experiencing as well!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life

Sis, I just randomly looked at your sig and burst out laughing. I get the feeling I am going to be amused like that for quite a while.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #327
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Well, I would hope you weren't my imaginary sis. That'd be one strange ongoing hallucination, that others are experiencing as well!
Oh didn't you know?
I'm just a figment of all of your imaginations.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #328
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't really know a whole lot about the price of cheese with blocks or anything. I know that we buy the presliced cheese, whether it's singles or just a package of slices that you peel from one another is closer to $4 for a good pack of it, that's made with real milk and not that cheap, imitation shit. We also have packages of pre shredded cheese too that are usually around $2-3 per package that I use for pizza bagels (make it yourself, of course!) and things like salads.
Well, looks like I've got a mission if I ever go down to Aussieland!

I know next to crap about them. My parents both know how to work one better than I do! I have never had one either, I can't be bothered to learn!
Oh, I normally can't stand the pre-sliced cheese. Even the better quality stuff tastes a bit ... plasticy to me. I used to use it fairly frequently though, before I got a good cheese slicer. Without my good cheese slicer, I have a habit of butchering blocks of cheese.

Hah, my mother is normally totally incompetent with technology, but mobile phones are one thing she can use very effectively and she completely outdoes me there. She can barely type on a computer, we're talking 10 words a minute if she's lucky, but she can text extremely fast. Though she's still a bit out of touch. She uses "lol" to mean "lots of love" and I haven't the heart to tell her what it really means, since she only uses it in texts to me anyway.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh didn't you know?
I'm just a figment of all of your imaginations.
Don't go in that dark place behind my left ear then, okay? that's a bad part of my imagination.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #330
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yup. They put subtitles up for the Kiwi woman who walked them around the castle. I found that rude and unnecessary. She spoke English just as clearly as the guys with the thick New England accents. They don't put subtitles on Brian "Dude, run!" Harnois.

While they were doing the reveal of the evidence, the fire alarm was set off and the fire brigade had to come and everything and the fire chief goes, "There's no fire. Must've been the ghost again."
Oh god, I've noticed American TV shows sometimes do that for anybody without an American accent. It pisses me off. Besides being rude to the person speaking, I also think it says something about how unintelligent and inward-looking they think American audiences are.

And - what were their findings in the end?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread