Crap, Albania Superthread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #211
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I could Sober-typo it for you now. Though it won't be as funny, i think.

Bonnenis.

There ya go.
Why, thank you!

It sounds like an ancient Gallic god.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
In 250 years time, this will be a common prayer.

You win!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Heh, for me, concerts often just make me like the band all the more - especially in the case of Explosions In The Sky. What I've found worrying is that the more I've engaged in the online community of a band, the less I like said band. Probably just coincidence. I mean, U2's decline for me occurred because I dramatically broadened my musical horizons in 2005, then Dream Theater released an absolute turd of an album not long after I got into their online community and that just put me off. But now I don't participate in the Porcupine Tree community!
My love for Green Day did not increase or decrease while I was on a fan site of theirs, but I got exposed to what's known as the East Bay Punk Mafia, and now it's my favourite genre of music.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I'm bloody glad you ended up here. I mean, I'd seen you around and thought you were fucking cool and hilarious, but I didn't really know you.

Hell, I had 30,000 posts and a bunch of friends but no identifiable place of belonging here besides the setlist parties, which obviously are temporary.
Oh, for real? I had no idea, to me you were like THE poster that I was sort of frightened of in that lame online-social way. Mainly because of your reputation. Knowing you now I can't completely remember what that reputation was. But I felt better knowing that you lived in Australia, at least.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #215
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Ah, I was just screwing around.

Really, I didn't really know too many people here until the Superthread came up. Up to that point I was clueless.
I know a lot of people by username (or avatar, for those who don't change theirs often. I am a shameless, icon changing whore.) but I don't really know them personally or anything. Most of my posts around here were mostly posting pics for requests, pics of Bono, wishing happy birthday to people and things like that.
I never really associated with the people themselves until recently.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post

You win!
But his name will be lost in translation and so it'd be something like B'Nau Voch instead.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #217
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
I love my short term memory.
Leave it to me to remember the useless crap. I think the worst is when someone asks me to remind them to do someting. I'm like, "You're counting on ME to remind you? You'll have to remind me to remind you...repeatedly!"

Yeah, it' very expensive to drive. You have to pay for the car first, then you have to keep it running proper, pay for gs (which is currently somewhere around $4 USD a gallon), auto insurance and that kind of thing. To me, it is not worth all the trouble! Plus all it does is pollute the air anyway, add to global warming and ick! I will just ride along with a family member, walk or take the bus if need be! Even if I can't stand the bus! I wish we'd get something like those around here though. I'd like that a lot better than what we have.

Yeah, I'd need to. I tried to take a pic of one of my cats sleeping with a camera and it didn't come out good. There's also a pic of me (it's just a printed photo from a roll of film) giving a deer in headlights expression whilst sitting at PC because I was ambushed with the camera one day. It was really light in my room but the pic is still dark! It sucks! I tend to work in low lighting anyway for most anything whether it's drawing, free hand writing or things like that so I am sure many of my pictures would end up being the same.

Honestly, if I COULD drive, I wouldn't own a car since you just don't need one in inner Melbourne. It'd cost more than it's worth. I'd just get a licence and rent a car whenever I need to go out of the city to somewhere inaccessible from the regional rail network. And if you think petrol is expensive over your way, you should see the prices here. A couple of threads ago, I converted our petrol prices from Australian dollars per litre to US dollars per gallon, and petrol here costs US$6.25 a gallon.

Yeah, you may end up paying a bit more for a camera that can handle low light and such better, but it'd be worth it. If you've got a camera shop nearby or anything, it'd probably be a good idea to talk to them or whatever. I keep meaning to hunt down a good camera shop in Melbourne to talk to them about what I want out of a camera and get some pointers ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 12:09 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

I was introduced to Axver and the Superthreaders by Ali, who linked me to the one, the only, Kunstmuseum thread.

Best. Prank. Ever.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:10 PM   #219
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
But his name will be lost in translation and so it'd be something like B'Nau Voch instead.
Would you care if I used that as a screen name on another message board?
I'd sig it but I can't since I"m not a premium.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:11 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Would you care if I used that as a screen name on another message board?
I'd sig it but I can't since I"m not a premium.
I'd be honoured.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:14 PM   #221
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Honestly, if I COULD drive, I wouldn't own a car since you just don't need one in inner Melbourne. It'd cost more than it's worth. I'd just get a licence and rent a car whenever I need to go out of the city to somewhere inaccessible from the regional rail network. And if you think petrol is expensive over your way, you should see the prices here. A couple of threads ago, I converted our petrol prices from Australian dollars per litre to US dollars per gallon, and petrol here costs US$6.25 a gallon.

Yeah, you may end up paying a bit more for a camera that can handle low light and such better, but it'd be worth it. If you've got a camera shop nearby or anything, it'd probably be a good idea to talk to them or whatever. I keep meaning to hunt down a good camera shop in Melbourne to talk to them about what I want out of a camera and get some pointers ...
It really is so useless! My mum once asked me what I had for dinner the night before. I just said, "You expect me to remember that?". But I can remember something stupid like a particular day of a particular class in school. It's so lame!

If I could drive (as in: if I had a license.) I would probably just drive my dad's other car! I can't imagine owning a car, I really can't. Petrol here is quite expensive as comparing to previous years and such, but I know we don't have the highest prices in it. Although, prices in foods and things are rising a lot too. A gallon of milk costs about as much as a gallon of gas! Milk, good for the body, not for the wallet!

Nah, I would probably wind up buying one at an electronics store or something, but even then, I am sure I can find something relatively decent. I will have to do some research too, though. To make sure I don't get ripped off or anything!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #222
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I was introduced to Axver and the Superthreaders by Ali, who linked me to the one, the only, Kunstmuseum thread.

Best. Prank. Ever.
And I was introduced by you drunkenly announcing that I was coming here even though I didn't say I was.
But I am glad I did!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #223
Refugee

Local Time: 12:20 PM
readings: complete. how's this joint holding up?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And I was introduced by you drunkenly announcing that I was coming here even though I didn't say I was.
But I am glad I did!
You didn't? Oh. Oops.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

So I was driving tonight, aight, and Exit was on, and I tell you if I'm ever in a car chase that'd be what I'd be playing. It made me do 70 in a 50 zone, for one thing. Truly, that song has the power to make you become everything you ever hated.

Tags
superthread