Crap, Albania Superthread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #181
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I've probably had a total of 10,000 odd posts over a few different forums of the same community, since 2003. I actually joined Interference because a guy there joined, too. He's one of the guys I made a Chris Martin fan site with three years ago.
I joined here after googling U2 once because I've been a member of various other message boards and I was looking for a U2 community (if there was one, which I figured there would be) and alas, here is where I am!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'll give some more a shot at some point. What's the difference between Let It Be and Naked, anyway? I feel like I do know, it's just not coming to mind right now.
Macca remixed it without all of Phil Spector's orchestral bullshit. Personally, I like the Naked version much better.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #183
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
He's one of the guys I made a Chris Martin fan site with three years ago.
You did what now?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #184
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
If recovery of iTunes files doesn't work, I may be asking for assistance from the ST for a while. I'll let you know.
I'll be happy to help. Just let me know.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Quote:
You did what now?
Oh, it was all pisstaking.

THE COLDPLAYERS :: A fan site of hate, for you and yourself

I did "The Funclub" page, and actually I'm still pretty damn happy with it.

I really like how it's clearly just meant to be a cheap fansite but the Funclub, the second most useless part of the website, supposedly has an introduction and commentary from Chris Martin himself. Well, there was no better way to do it than that.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #186
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I'm one of these people who reads and remembers far too much. Including Pi to 353 decimal places.

Melbourne's my favourite city out of any I've been to. And yeah, I can't stand buses either, and I obviously can't drive due to the legal blindness. Unfortunately, the road lobby of the 1950s touted the bus as a modern replacement to "old" trams, when in reality buses should augment trams where it's not profitable to lay tram infrastructure. Trams operate more efficiently fuelwise, have a far higher carrying capacity, and it's been observed that they enhance property values along their route while buses make no impact whatsoever.

Yeah, I just wanted any camera, since I never expected to be taking lots of photographs - just occasional ones of trams or important things. But the photography bug hit and now this basic camera for occasional use has become a bit of an inconvenience! I don't want anything big and fancy either, but something with some more advanced features and better zoom.
I can remember useless junk I've learned in school and stuff like that, but if you want to know what I had for lunch yesterday, don't even bother asking. Chances are, I won't remember.

See, people are talking about conserving energy, but here they are taking buses and stuff like that when trams are more energy efficient to begin with. It's like, "what the hell? Who cares if it's 'outdated' or whatever you wanna call it! It saves energy!" That kinda thing irks me more than it should.
I don't drive because to be quite honest with you, I am terrified of it! I would rather just go out for a walk (provided it's not too far.). And as I've said, I don't like buses, so I end up riding along with family members or something to that effect. Since there's no other means.

I will have to do some research to see what kind would be best. My thinking is I'll be taking pics of family and friends (parties and whatnot), my cats, myself on the occasion of a new hairstyle or something (debating what to do with my hair, actually.) and pics of trains, the sky, flowers, sunrises, sunsets, maybe lightning or things like that. Multi-purpose, I suppose.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You did what now?
Seconded. WTF?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #188
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I joined here after googling U2 once because I've been a member of various other message boards and I was looking for a U2 community (if there was one, which I figured there would be) and alas, here is where I am!
I think my story is fairly unusual.

I looked up U2 lyrics sometime in early to mid-2003, since I'd noticed the lyrics booklets in the albums were deficient. I already had an online community that I was very happy with and wasn't looking for anything else. The random lyrics website I clicked on just so happened to link to Interference's old lyrics section for The Joshua Tree's lyrics (I think they did their own for the Best Ofs, the only other two albums they listed) - though I didn't realise this. Either I didn't notice the URL had changed, or I thought it was just a different URL for the same lyrics site. On JT's page, I noticed down the botom were more U2 albums, so I clicked through. I used this for a while as my lyrics resource and was fascinated by one page that gave the lyrics to pre-Boy demos and such. Then one day, on a bored whim, I clicked the "Forum" link that was also down the bottom. I expected it to be a general lyrics forum, but this was when I realised that lyrics site had redirected me to a U2-specific fan site.

So I signed up and the rest is history.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #189
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, it was all pisstaking.

THE COLDPLAYERS :: A fan site of hate, for you and yourself

I did "The Funclub" page, and actually I'm still pretty damn happy with it.

I really like how it's clearly just meant to be a cheap fansite but the Funclub, the second most useless part of the website, supposedly has an introduction and commentary from Chris Martin himself. Well, there was no better way to do it than that.
Good work there.

(And I suspected it had to be a piss-take.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

My sis dragged me here. I came up with a crappy screenname cause I had no idea of U2 when I joined (no really) and only knew who Bono was. I thought the guy in the beanie was the bass player and had no idea who the other two blokes were. Now I'm a rabid fan. I guess that's what a year of exposure to nothing but PLEBA'll do to ya.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #191
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I think my story is fairly unusual.

I looked up U2 lyrics sometime in early to mid-2003, since I'd noticed the lyrics booklets in the albums were deficient. I already had an online community that I was very happy with and wasn't looking for anything else. The random lyrics website I clicked on just so happened to link to Interference's old lyrics section for The Joshua Tree's lyrics (I think they did their own for the Best Ofs, the only other two albums they listed) - though I didn't realise this. Either I didn't notice the URL had changed, or I thought it was just a different URL for the same lyrics site. On JT's page, I noticed down the botom were more U2 albums, so I clicked through. I used this for a while as my lyrics resource and was fascinated by one page that gave the lyrics to pre-Boy demos and such. Then one day, on a bored whim, I clicked the "Forum" link that was also down the bottom. I expected it to be a general lyrics forum, but this was when I realised that lyrics site had redirected me to a U2-specific fan site.

So I signed up and the rest is history.
Yeah, wtf, I've noticed that in their booklets when I want some lyrics or something.
But then again, a lot of the sites don't really have them right either. I spent an entire day once, listening to Elvis Presley and America over and over and over (Love the song.) to try and figure out the lyrics to it because all the ones I'd ever seen didn't sound right.
I ended up here because of other message boards. I wasn't really into the message board thing at all. Whenever I'd use the internet, I'd surf random stuff I wanted to know, chat in AIM with friends that I'd made (through my interests in AOL, I guess. Since AOL was the first internet I used.) or things like that.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I guess that's what a year of exposure to nothing but PLEBA'll do to ya.
Wait til you hear the music!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #193
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
My sis dragged me here. I came up with a crappy screenname cause I had no idea of U2 when I joined (no really) and only knew who Bono was. I thought the guy in the beanie was the bass player and had no idea who the other two blokes were. Now I'm a rabid fan. I guess that's what a year of exposure to nothing but PLEBA'll do to ya.
Don't forget that I converted you into a U2 fan.
And aren't ya glad I did?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Don't forget that I converted you into a U2 fan.
And aren't ya glad I did?
Yes. You rescued me from a My Chemical Romance site.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Wait til you hear the music!
I meant on this site,

Tags
superthread