craig david (walking away)or u2(one)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
ooh my fucking, what the f.
what was this douchebag thinking. did he ask u2 to use their song one? he just took bonos vocals out and put some gay pop beats on it and he just sings in a sissy voice . i want to kick his arss for this . lets all go and get this mofo.
can you just use other artist music and sell it? if so im making a record.(this is old news but i just heard this song again and i know some of you might not know about this stealing others(u2) hard worke music)

obvious answer is walking away

one is a poor excuse for a song. blimey, it's got the word 'love' in it. and air supply songs are all about love. so that means u2 are like air supply. awful awful awful awful!

craiggers, on the other hand...he's a musical genius if i ever heard one.

from the guy who does 'mad richard', the freakin' excellent comic about the one and only richard ashcroft (visit http://www.ashcroftunofficial.co.uk/madrichard/comic.html for more fun):

strip3.gif

tsk.

I think Craig has acknowledged the similarities...apparently, he's a U2 fan...if I'm remembering correctly.

I didn't really like that song of his, but I have liked a couple others.

the song's not that bad, he has acknowledged the similarity, and the beats certainly aren't homosexual. Complain about shitty music like Coldplay instead.

I won't say that Coldplay is the most original or daring band around, but their music is not fecal in any appreciable way.

yeah well I like 'em too. So there!

Hehehe. Fecal.

Last edited:
I just downloaded and heard "Walkin' Away." I remember reading an article on YouTwo.net around the time ATYCLB came out in which Bono complimented Craig David on this song and invited him to remix "Walk On."

I guess I know why he liked it so much now. Kind of weird. Melodically, it's a completely different song, though, it's just creepily similar musically. Feels like the same fills at the same times, even.

Back
Top Bottom