Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All very nice songs so far, nothing that floors me, but that will change with Electioneering. Kickass.

Just noticed your user title LMP. Nice work.

I saw that earlier, too. Nice work, indeed.

Damn phone calls. Thanks for sending the list over, PFan.

I find I don't much either, but that's mainly due to the gig I saw being so good that the studio material just seems markedly inferior even all these months later. I'd love a few live albums of their stuff.

No problem.

I've not heard much about them live, but hey, they're an epic band, why wouldn't they be epic live?

This is true.

Rough immediate segue, but it sounds good after that. The last minute of the Arcade Fire track is one of the most triumphant pieces of music I've ever heard.

It's full-on Ben breaking Elaine out of her wedding-type of music.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how that one worked. Luckily, they're both good enough tracks that it's not a big deal.

Just on paper, PFan, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this list more than last time.

I try.

Here comes the end of "Unne..." This is going to sound great going into "Electioneering." Nice.

Originally, without thinking about it much, I had Electioneering and Teenage Wildlife swapped. Then I noticed it worked much better this way.

I've not heard much about them live, but hey, they're an epic band, why wouldn't they be epic live?

They are so fucking intense live. Munaf Rayani (who I was in front of) has about as much energy in him as five War Tour Bonos. He's insane. He plays the start of First Breath After Coma with a pen, and there was another part where he taped his guitar to the stage. And all the songs segue together live, it was just 90 minutes of glorious, epic music.

And he can clone people, as we learned in The Prestige.

TESLAAA!

If I ever make a movie and Bowie is still alive, mark my words, he will have a part. The only thing he will have to do is show up and fuck up the main character's shit.

Pretty good segue into Electioneering. It was a little abrupt, but the greatness of the song makes up for it instantly.

Just on paper, PFan, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this list more than last time.

And I was surprised by your reaction to my last one, so that's good.

I'm pleased with this one. Especially glad that I got it up much closer to the limit, and none of it being filler.

PFan, nice to see one of only two Radiohead songs I like in your list. Electioneering is a cool song.

Pretty good segue into Electioneering. It was a little abrupt, but the greatness of the song makes up for it instantly.

It's got the jangly guitars though, almost sounded like a breather, then right back to rocking the fuck out.

Segue into "Teenage Wildlife" sounded good - one of my 10 favorite Bowie tracks. Probably the closest he's gotten to recreating the epic awesome of "Heroes."

TESLAAA!

If I ever make a movie and Bowie is still alive, mark my words, he will have a part. The only thing he will have to do is show up and fuck up the main character's shit.

I would pay to just see that.

My girl friend who's going to college next year makes fun of my Bowie affection on a regular basis. Not that I care.

It's got the jangly guitars though, almost sounded like a breather, then right back to rocking the fuck out.

Segue into "Teenage Wildlife" sounded good - one of my 10 favorite Bowie tracks. Probably the closest he's gotten to recreating the epic awesome of "Heroes."

That and Paranoid Android were the two tracks that jumped out at me off OK Computer.

It's about sixth on my top ten Bowie list. It's criminally underrated.

Last edited:
I find I don't much either, but that's mainly due to the gig I saw being so good that the studio material just seems markedly inferior even all these months later. I'd love a few live albums of their stuff.

That's exactly how I feel after seeing Return To Forever a few weeks ago. It was so epic and amazing that I can't listen to the tracks they played live without being disappointed in the studio quality.

Not having heard the transition from Wildlife into the Frusciante track, I think your original instincts were accurate, Pfan; Une Annee would sound great just before this.

I would pay to just see that.

My girl friend who's going to college next year makes fun of my Bowie affection on a regular basis. Not that I care.

It would be Rick James/Charlie Murphy-esque awesome, hopefully.

Oh, so do almost all of my friends, not an uncommon thing.

That and Paranoid Android were the two tracks that jumped out at me off OK Computer.

It's about sixth on my top ten Bowie list. It's criminally underrated.

"Paranoid" is in my Top 10 for Radiohead, too.

I know Lance really likes T-Dub and the rest of Scary Monsters.

That's exactly how I feel after seeing Return To Forever a few weeks ago. It was so epic and amazing that I can't listen to the tracks they played live without being disappointed in the studio quality.

It's how I feel about U2 in many cases.

My DI lists need more diversity. After DI V, I'm pretty tempted to try making a list with bands I haven't used yet. Unfortunately, I feel like I've already mined a lot of the non-metal that I think is worth putting on a DI list.

Maybe I just need to go on another music downloading binge (though those also seem to often end up in me acquiring shitloads of metal and not much else).

Not having heard the transition from Wildlife into the Frusciante track, I think your original instincts were accurate, Pfan; Une Annee would sound great just before this.

We all out think ourselves now and again. :wink: If any of you were Phillies fans, I'd discuss Chris Wheeler now, but I'm just going to listen to this playlist instead.

My DI lists need more diversity. After DI V, I'm pretty tempted to try making a list with bands I haven't used yet. Unfortunately, I feel like I've already mined a lot of the non-metal that I think is worth putting on a DI list.

Maybe I just need to go on another music downloading binge (though those also seem to often end up in me acquiring shitloads of metal and not much else).

That's cool. You into electronica at all, Ax?

It's how I feel about U2 in many cases.

Yep, it's why I developed such a huge bootleg collection.

Though I feel I totally burnt myself out on bootlegs and now I'm actually quite happy to return to their studio stuff. I guess because now it sounds different, not inferior.

Mine's being haulted for DI, but I'm looking at continuing Led Zeppelin and R.E.M. pretty soon.

I recommend this. On the list I'm currently working on, 33 of the 46 artists I've never used before in any DI tournament or mini game. It'll be cut back from 46, but still, around 2/3 are new. My finished DI5 list has about 30 out of 37 new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom