Craggy Island Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Sweet, though that's kind of vague. Are we talking the southern end of Lygon Street where it has no tram lines? Like around the dining precinct?
Oh uh, yeah. Sorry, that's basically the only part of Lygon I remember.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #257
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Yeah, I understand that but sometimes it's too much, a lot of new kids here probably have never been on another forum, or English isn't their first language, or whatever. In some cases they do "deserve it", but not always.

He's probably not forty, I may be thinking of someone else. But even if he's in his twenties, you'd think he's old enough to know better.
Yeah, that's a fair call. I know I cross the line sometimes too. I figure there's just no point any more, hence my much lower participation there these days. As I've said before, I prefer the standard of discussion in these Superthreads. I just have a really hard time conducting a conversation with some of the hard-headed folk in WTAHNN who won't even consider that U2 might have an imperfection.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #258
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh uh, yeah. Sorry, that's basically the only part of Lygon I remember.
Lygon Street is surprisingly long, or at least I was surprised by how long it is when I first came here. But once the tram line joins it, it becomes more inner suburban residential.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Hey so this is my vote for Bono's greatest moment of all time.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

Hey so this is my vote for Bono's greatest moment of all time.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #261
Vocal parasite

What on earth is that!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #262
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
What on earth is that!
It's that dumb dance he does in the ISHFWILF clip.

Come on man, it's like the only thing that happens in the whole video.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:18 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

It was also a triumphant double post!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #264
Vocal parasite

Quote:
It's that dumb dance he does in the ISHFWILF clip.

Come on man, it's like the only thing that happens in the whole video.
Oooh, that's right. Yeah, there's a reason I've never bothered paying attention to that video.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #265
Vocal parasite

God to admit, I'm rather proud of my slam of Queensland in the second and third paragraphs of the LJ entry I made just a little bit ago.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oooh, that's right. Yeah, there's a reason I've never bothered paying attention to that video.
No way, that's their best video, Bono is really annoying in it.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #267
Vocal parasite

Quote:
No way, that's their best video, Bono is really annoying in it.
Is there actually a U2 music video out there in which Bono is NOT really annoying, though?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #268
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
God to admit, I'm rather proud of my slam of Queensland in the second and third paragraphs of the LJ entry I made just a little bit ago.
Great entry.

Your criticism of the Gold Coast is spot on. And now there's going to be an AFL team there. Who the fuck even lives in Surfer's Paradise?!

I like reading that you seem to enjoy parts of Australia, at least. I don't really like Australia but I bet if I had moved to another country at a younger age I would have gotten more interested in it. Come to think of it, I probably would have learned more history of it somewhere else, too.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Is there actually a U2 music video out there in which Bono is NOT really annoying, though?
That may be true, but usually there's some sort of lame story trying to get around the whole thing. In the ISHFWILF clip there is no "oh shit did the circus midget or acrobat die?", the question instead is "would there really be any fun in hanging out with Bono in las vegas".
Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #270
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Great entry.

Your criticism of the Gold Coast is spot on. And now there's going to be an AFL team there. Who the fuck even lives in Surfer's Paradise?!

I like reading that you seem to enjoy parts of Australia, at least. I don't really like Australia but I bet if I had moved to another country at a younger age I would have gotten more interested in it. Come to think of it, I probably would have learned more history of it somewhere else, too.
Thanks.

Yeah, it's an absurdity. Seriously, NOBODY lives in Surfer's Paradise. Walk along the beach of an evening and look up at all those stupid apartment blocks. I guarantee you there will be lights in a third of the windows AT MOST. And half of those are either tourists or rich wankers spending their annual two weeks in their flashy Gold Coast pad while they perv on 18-21 year old girls with nasty boob jobs and too much makeup. It's ridiculous.

Certainly I like living in Australia. If I didn't, I'd have long since moved! I wouldn't have just moved to Melbourne, that's for sure. There's plenty to make me uncomfortable, and a lot of the historical undercurrents in this country trouble me, especially as I now feel like I'm complicit in the problem as a member of the voting public. But let's be honest: the world is a shithole all over, and for all its ills, Australia's not doing so bad compared to a lot of places.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread