Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im totally in love with it. Oh also another thing, so i have a facebook. and where it says Kayla is... i usally put song lyrics. My one friend sees them all the time, so last night he said and i quote "Stop using song lyrics to express your own individuality" :WTF:

I did that on MySpace, too, when I was about 13. His point makes sense, why not use your name and put the lyrics in your About Me?

YLB and LM, I'm uploading tonight. I'll PM you both when the links are ready.

Dalton, you're too cheap to have an inbox, so fuck off.

So LMP, I watched Darjeeling last night, I gotta say, I might've liked it less then Bottle Rocket, if the last 45 minutes hadn't been as redeeming as they were. It irked me because, where he achieved drama along with comedy so subtly and easily in Life Aquatic, it was like he was trying to force it this time. Couple that with teh fact taht I can't stand Adrien Brody most of the time, and especially this time, and it was pretty hard watching for me. I loved Jason's character though. I didn't dislike the movie, in short, but it wasn't my favorite Wes flick. Again, I still should watch the Royal Tenenbaums again (it's been about 2 years), but:

Life Aquatic
Royal/Rushmore
Darjeeling
Bottle Rocket

So LMP, I watched Darjeeling last night, I gotta say, I might've liked it less then Bottle Rocket, if the last 45 minutes hadn't been as redeeming as they were. It irked me because, where he achieved drama along with comedy so subtly and easily in Life Aquatic, it was like he was trying to force it this time. Couple that with teh fact taht I can't stand Adrien Brody most of the time, and especially this time, and it was pretty hard watching for me. I loved Jason's character though. I didn't dislike the movie, in short, but it wasn't my favorite Wes flick. Again, I still should watch the Royal Tenenbaums again (it's been about 2 years), but:

Life Aquatic
Royal/Rushmore
Darjeeling
Bottle Rocket

Those are my same rankings, but I enjoyed Darjeeling a hell of a lot. I felt it was more engaging than The Life Aquatic, almost like a blend of the heart in his Owen Wilson-written films with the dry feeling of The Life Aquatic. It's arguably his most visually stunning film, too - I'd go as far to say his most technically brilliant overall. The performances were all great, even if Owen Wilson's character seems a little too close to real life. Apart from that, it doesn't have many of those stand-out moments like in Rushmore or even Bottle Rocket, but that's not the point here. The overall package of this movie was enough to sell me, maybe you'll like it more the second time.

Those are my same rankings, but I enjoyed Darjeeling a hell of a lot. I felt it was more engaging than The Life Aquatic, almost like a blend of the heart in his Owen Wilson-written films with the dry feeling of The Life Aquatic. It's arguably his most visually stunning film, too - I'd go as far to say his most technically brilliant overall. The performances were all great, even if Owen Wilson's character seems a little too close to real life. Apart from that, it doesn't have many of those stand-out moments like in Rushmore or even Bottle Rocket, but that's not the point here. The overall package of this movie was enough to sell me, maybe you'll like it more the second time.

Probably, and I can definitely agree with you on beauty. That was a fine looking film. This is one movie that was just spoiled for me by one actor, and those are the must frusterating of all. But that being said, after a while, I really started to like him, so I think if I did watch it a second time, knowing that he becomes a more likeable character, would make the viewing experience more pleasureable

I have never seen Bottle Rocket. What is it about?

Probably, and I can definitely agree with you on beauty. That was a fine looking film. This is one movie that was just spoiled for me by one actor, and those are the must frusterating of all. But that being said, after a while, I really started to like him, so I think if I did watch it a second time, knowing that he becomes a more likeable character, would make the viewing experience more pleasureable

I hope so. I wasn't a big fan of Adrien Brody going into this myself, but he was perfect for his role and hope he works with Wes and his gang of actors in the future.

I hope so. I wasn't a big fan of Adrien Brody going into this myself, but he was perfect for his role and hope he works with Wes and his gang of actors in the future.

What do you think about George Clooney being in the next one, can't say I'm a big Clooney fan...but it's just voice acting right?

I have never seen Bottle Rocket. What is it about?

Luke and Owen Wilson play guys who want to go into a life of crime, and they're terribly bad at it. James Caan is the local godfather who takes them under his wing.

It's Anderson's and both Wilson's debut film, so it's a bit rough, but it's still pretty good. I think Martin Scorsese once said it was his favorite film of the '90s, so that's nice.

What do you think about George Clooney being in the next one, can't say I'm a big Clooney fan...but it's just voice acting right?

Right.

I love Clooney, but I didn't warm up to him until I saw him in O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Syriana. If we're still making half-assed comparisons between modern and classic actors, then Clooney is like today's Cary Grant. He can sell a movie based on personality, but still has the chops to carry the role. I still need to see Michael Clayton, Out of Sight, and some of his other noteworthy films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom