Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people act like it's a huge deal to give a credit card with a hotel reservation? i've never NOT had to give one on a reservation.

or people tell me their name, like it's supposed to mean anything to me.

OK, I better go get some sleep before it gets too stupidly late. :wave:

Though actually, before I go. As some of you may know, 29/06/08 marks the exact point where I've lived half my life in New Zealand and half in Australia. For whatever reason, the fact that from now on, my time in New Zealand is a minority of my life has affected me. It probably shouldn't, I suppose, but it does. My LJ entry explains more. I love Melbourne, it's my favourite place to live for what I need, but ... New Zealand's home.

So in signing off for the last time as someone who has spent more than a minority of their life in New Zealand, I'll leave you all with this.

E ihoa atua
O nga iwi matou ra
Ata whakarongona
Me aroha noa

Kia hua ko te pai
Kia tau to atawhai
Manaakitia mai
Aotearoa

+ I just woke up :lol:

So I guess I SHOULD get off the computer and get read.

I really wanted to mess with my potential desert island list too :sigh:

Guess I'll save that for after work.

At least it's Sunday so we close at 8 instead of 9 :dance:

:wave:

Bleh. I can't do those super late night posts anymore.

Last night, I went off on someone, but I don't think they saw it.

My computer froze up and I passed out after re-starting it.

Your list was very good, by the way. You and YLB both had two solid entries.

Was it better than my last one? YLB gave this one a B+/A- (I hate these kind of half grades because I like keeping track), and I gave his an A-.

Was it better than my last one? YLB gave this one a B+/A- (I hate these kind of half grades because I like keeping track), and I gave his an A-.

When I listen to it a second time, I'll give it a firmer grade. I hate giving something a definitive grade the first time I hear or see it, you know?

When I listen to it a second time, I'll give it a firmer grade. I hate giving something a definitive grade the first time I hear or see it, you know?

Ah, OK. Now I feel bad for not doing the same. :lol: I really think A- is a fine grade for your list though, couldn't see it changing. There were a few little things that bugged me, but overall it was fantastic.

Ah, OK. Now I feel bad for not doing the same. :lol: I really think A- is a fine grade for your list though, couldn't see it changing. There were a few little things that bugged me, but overall it was fantastic.

Haha thanks, don't feel bad. I'd probably give my list the same grade anyway, all things considering. I'll never do something as solid as the DI II or Symphonic Album lists, but that's okay.

And fuck you, Carek.

Now you have to say which you liked better.

Tough to say after one listen. I'd lean slightly towards yours after the first, probably a little more that appealed to me, but it's close.

No, your last one was a little better. I said this to YLB, I liked about 40 of the 44 or so songs you had on the last one. This one, not quite as many, but close. I'd say your last one was an A, this an A-, after first listen.

Agreed.

Haha thanks, don't feel bad. I'd probably give my list the same grade anyway, all things considering. I'll never do something as solid as the DI II or Symphonic Album lists, but that's okay.

I'm making edits to mine before I send it out. I still feel like I could do more towards the end.

K, gys, I'm at work, which is made of lose and fail

There are black clouds on the horizon, which is made of lose and fail

And the more I think about it, my DI idea is made of lose and fail

No, your last one was a little better. I said this to YLB, I liked about 40 of the 44 or so songs you had on the last one. This one, not quite as many, but close. I'd say your last one was an A, this an A-, after first listen.

Huh. I remember you giving mine a B last time on first listen. Maybe this one will grow on you as well? Who knows. Anything in the A range is fine by me and, honestly, I agree with you; my last list was better. There are *moments* on this one I prefer, however.

Huh. I remember you giving mine a B last time on first listen. Maybe this one will grow on you as well? Who knows. Anything in the A range is fine by me and, honestly, I agree with you; my last list was better. There are *moments* on this one I prefer, however.

What honestly happened is that, in my first time listening to DI lists, I was expecting ... I don't know, more? I guess I hadn't really understood that there were going to be so many different artists that there'd be a lot of things I wasn't too thrilled on. The more I listened, the more I figured out how to grade properly. Second listens to yours and YLB's last time thrust both of you into my top five, when compared to the other lists. I just didn't really figure out that it wasn't going to be as much to my taste as I thought it was. Stupid? Yes. But explainable? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom