Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been writing it out over the past week. It's about Coldplay, actually; Bono drops his wallet and Chris Martin steals his identity, but finds out that being Bono isn't as good as making predictable adult alternative music and screwing Gwyneth Paltrow.

Haha, sounds good. I saw that little scene in the Coldplay thread, that was promising.

I'm finding out coffee's not that bad. French Vanilla and French Roast are the best, with milk and a bit of sugar.

Yeah, I was about one hundo sure that there would be some quote from Bono somewhere down the track regarding these guys. Seems kind of half hearted, but then again I wasn't there and he may have been screaming it.

Of course Edge's IQ is probably that of the other three members combined and then some.

I feel like you could summarise Bono's quote as "yeah, Edge was into this music, and it was cool and African ... and stuff". But if you replace 'African' with a similarly generic descriptive word appropriate to the band, that's probably the extent of Bono's thoughts on ANY music outside of the Beatles. Joy Division? Cool and dark ... and stuff. Radiohead? Cool and experimental ... and stuff. Bob Dylan? Cool and poetic ... and stuff. Nickelback? Cool and rockin' ... and stuff.

I still don't know how the fuck Edge puts up with these three tag-alongs in his band.

I feel like you could summarise Bono's quote as "yeah, Edge was into this music, and it was cool and African ... and stuff". But if you replace 'African' with a similarly generic descriptive word appropriate to the band, that's probably the extent of Bono's thoughts on ANY music outside of the Beatles. Joy Division? Cool and dark ... and stuff. Radiohead? Cool and experimental ... and stuff. Bob Dylan? Cool and poetic ... and stuff. Nickelback? Cool and rockin' ... and stuff.

417.gif

I'm finding out coffee's not that bad. French Vanilla and French Roast are the best, with milk and a bit of sugar.

The only way I can make coffee drinkable is to load it with so much sugar that it defeats the point entirely.

Apparently I actually make a pretty good coffee; my mother tries to con me into making her coffee any chance she gets. So I'm kind of disappointed I find it vile stuff, since I'm pretty sure coffee would work out a much cheaper drink per cup/glass than orange juice does.

OK, everyone, my supervisor just left, so I'm done for the day.

I'll be back later on today, so catch you then!

:wave:

Seconded. Black coffee is vile and sometimes hurts my stomach pretty badly.

My mother not only drinks her coffee as black as it gets, but also so hot that it's quite possibly the leading cause of global warming.

I don't know how she does it.

Speaking of orange juice, the best drink in the world is freshly squeezed orange juice.

Maybe I should prepare some and Mia it up a bit sometime.

Got to admit, I can't stand all the pithy nastiness of freshly squeezed orange juice. I know, for a guy who grew up essentially in the country on all kinds of fresh stuff, I should be shouting the virtues of freshly squeezed orange juice from the rooftops, but ... I'm not.

Got to admit, I can't stand all the pithy nastiness of freshly squeezed orange juice. I know, for a guy who grew up essentially in the country on all kinds of fresh stuff, I should be shouting the virtues of freshly squeezed orange juice from the rooftops, but ... I'm not.

But the sour action is so magical!

Khaaaanananada! :wave:

I could totally use a personal assistant. How does 5c a day sound? I'll up it to 10c if your first month's work is sufficiently impressive. Would that be a suitable new job?

God, I'm so totally taken by Tinariwen's music. I've been hoping a band would reach out and suck me into their music for the last couple of weeks too, since I felt like I was floating around my collection with nothing properly grabbing my attention. I wish I'd gotten into them before Vazza left, since I know she'd be interested in this.

Awesome video of Tinariwen performing with Carlos Santana: YouTube - Tinariwen & Carlos Santana : Amassakoul

I swear, Tinariwen's lead singer/guitarist totally reminds me of Phil Lynott. A really desert- and battle-hardened Phil Lynott.

Would love to watch it, but it's 3am and there are other people in the house sleeping, and I'm one foot on the road to bed myself, anyway.

Plus Santana does nothing for me.

Would love to watch it, but it's 3am and there are other people in the house sleeping, and I'm one foot on the road to bed myself, anyway.

Plus Santana does nothing for me.

Yeah, it seems there isn't too much video of just them. I suppose when you're a Malian band, though, you're most likely to get filmed when you're performing with Western acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom