CR SURVIVOR: On a Highway to the QF's! (E8-1)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
The last round's winner was...

AC/DC!!!

Which sets up the following Elite Eight matchups:

ELITE EIGHT (Quarter-Final) MATCHUPS
East Rutherford Regional: The Clash (1) vs. Led Zeppelin (3)
Phoenix Regional: The Rolling Stones (2) vs. The Beatles (4)
Atlanta Regional: Queen (10) vs. The Who (8)
St. Louis Regional: Bob Dylan (6) vs. AC/DC (WC)

NOTE: I'm trying to add some pizzazz and make it a little more timely. The names all have to go with the NCAA Basketball Championships going on now.

EAST RUTHERFORD REGIONAL
Please choose one of the following:
1. The Clash
OR
3. Led Zeppelin

Zoso all the way! Avenge the untimely defeat of CSNY! Huzzah!

The Clash

PS If you do make lots of basketball references can you please explain them so that females on the other side of the world can understand. Thanks.

I dont even understand Oz basketball let alone US basketball. :huh:

Clash ...
Led Zeppelin ...
Clash ...
Led Zeppelin ...

einie minie
minie moe
my mom told
me to pick
my best band
and you are
not it...

i choose Led Zeppelin....

there's no way the clash can win this.

they're not overrated enough.

i still vote CLASH though. couldn't have it any other way.

THE CLASH!

Dave C,

How did you decide who would be matched up against each other for this round? The formula from last time seem to have been top of the list vs. bottom of the list, 2nd on the list vs. 2nd to the bottom of the list, and so on. Just curious.

How did you decide who would be matched up against each other for this round? The formula from last time seem to have been top of the list vs. bottom of the list, 2nd on the list vs. 2nd to the bottom of the list, and so on. Just curious.

didn't you see his reply? he wants the clash out. he knows it will definetly happen with this match-up.

Lets chalk it up to initiator's privilege and not start another argument over Dave's choices for pairing. If anyone thinks Led Zep, or The Clash are the better band then no poll is going to change that.

Led Zeppelin

well its clear that the phoenix regional should have been the grand finale and not just quarters. i really only like 3 bands/artists a lot that are left (nos 2, 4 and 6). ill still vote though, eh, what the heck ill vote for the underdog that seems to have a headstart: the clash

Bringing it back....

symbols_2.gif

LED ZEPPELIN!!!!

MrBrau1 said:
Zeppelin. The Clash are not classic rock.

Here are some things THE EDGE said about THE CLASH in the recent issue of Rolling Stone.

"The Clash, more than any other group, kick-started a thousand garage bands across Ireland and the U.K. For U2 and other people of our generation, seeing them perform was a life-changing experience. There's really no other way to describe it"

"I can vividly remember when I first saw the Clash. It was in Dublin in October 1977. They were touring behind their first album, and they played a 1,200-capacity venue at Trinity College. Dublin had never seen anything like it. It really had a massive impact around here, and I still meet people who are in the music business today-maybe they are DJs, maybe they are in bands-because they saw that show."

"I don't think that we would have gone on to become the band we are if it wasn't for that concert and that band. There it was. They showed us what you needed. And it was all about heart."

"I saw them a couple of times after the Dublin show, and they always had somthing fresh going on. It's a shame that they weren't around longer. The music they made is TIMELESS! It's got so much fighting spirit, so much heart, that it just doesn't age. You can still hear it in Green Day and No Doubt, Nirvana and the Pixies, certainly U2 and Audioslave. There wasn't a minute when you sensed that they were coasting. They meant it, and you can hear it in their work."

STING2 said:

Here are some things THE EDGE said about THE CLASH in the recent issue of Rolling Stone.

"The Clash, more than any other group, kick-started a thousand garage bands across Ireland and the U.K. For U2 and other people of our generation, seeing them perform was a life-changing experience. There's really no other way to describe it"

"I can vividly remember when I first saw the Clash. It was in Dublin in October 1977. They were touring behind their first album, and they played a 1,200-capacity venue at Trinity College. Dublin had never seen anything like it. It really had a massive impact around here, and I still meet people who are in the music business today-maybe they are DJs, maybe they are in bands-because they saw that show."

"I don't think that we would have gone on to become the band we are if it wasn't for that concert and that band. There it was. They showed us what you needed. And it was all about heart."

"I saw them a couple of times after the Dublin show, and they always had somthing fresh going on. It's a shame that they weren't around longer. The music they made is TIMELESS! It's got so much fighting spirit, so much heart, that it just doesn't age. You can still hear it in Green Day and No Doubt, Nirvana and the Pixies, certainly U2 and Audioslave. There wasn't a minute when you sensed that they were coasting. They meant it, and you can hear it in their work."

while i admire your effort, it's a lost cause.

IWasBored said:

didn't you see his reply? he wants the clash out. he knows it will definetly happen with this match-up.

Originally posted by STING2

Dave C,

Oh for shit's sakes.

Would you people stop questioning everything I do?!? :mad:

For your benefit and to try and get you people the hell off my back, here for open record is everything I've EVER written down in regards to this game.

http://www.geocities.com/dccanuck15/crsurvivor1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/dccanuck15/crsurvivor2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/dccanuck15/crsurvivor3.jpg

Now would you please stop???

If you had have preferred, it could have been Clash vs. The Rolling Stones.

If you noticed I went:

1 vs. 14-------------2 vs. 13
3 vs. 12-------------4 vs. 11
5 vs. 10-------------6 vs. 9
7 vs. 8--------------WC1 vs. WC2

Yeesh. Please stop questioning my motives and making false accusations against me every frigging time something doesn't go your way! :madspit:

IWasBored said:
but it's so much fun...

It's also extraordinarily frustrating. Keep in mind I'm running this game as entertainment for you people and have the power to stop it at any time if I don't want to continue.

DaveC said:

It's also extraordinarily frustrating. Keep in mind I'm running this game as entertainment for you people and have the power to stop it at any time if I don't want to continue.

Hey, Dave, if you ever would decide that you don't feel like doing it anymore, I bet that another Interferencer would be willing to take over. Don't feel like you are obligated to do it! It's just supposed to be fun. No big thing!

Dave C,

I was just asking a question.:ohmy: I respect the work your doing and have attempted to help out by correcting a mistake in the counting in one of the polls. Thanks for again for explaining the system for deciding the match ups.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom