CR SURVIVOR: News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IWasBored said:

hey...that's an idea. why don't they?

i don't know how much of this is pinned on me, but i don't like it when people say that i only listen to some band because i don't like hippies or because u2 like them. online or offline. it's one thing to state an opinion, it's another to tell someone that their opinion is wrong.

i know i'd make it onto your banned list if you could keep certain people out of this game, but come on...have a sense of humor, people.

You're one to lecture, 'certain people'

You have been hateful, vicious, mean spirited, overbearing, and insulting. You called me a 'dirty hippie' and I'm sure your sig change timing to 'maybe if we ignore it it'll go away, maybe if we beat it with sticks it'll stay away longer' was no coincidence. Don't tell anyone else to leave it alone and get a grip when you obviously are a loose cannon, and short fuse and cannot do that yourself.

I see no 'sense of humor' in your posts, only a pushiness and rudeness. Your attitude is "they" have to shut up, but not you, and if "they" don't, they will be beaten with sticks. Groovy!

Last edited:
I had my say to her attack, now I'll stop. But I don't want the sole blame for ruining this thread. I would like to clarify that while I do not agree with Sting2, he argues his point with decency and class and I have no problem with him.

ABBA, Blondie and The Sweet seriously rock :up: Even the Bay City Rollers had their merit ;)

Lilac, you might have missed the point. None of this has come about from either yours or IWB's debating in the other thread, though it was excessive and completely unnecessary. Dave unfortunately has copped this kind of thing all through these Survivor threads and he has kept going in good spirit. Well, maybe not always lol...but he kept going.
Thing is, they're vote threads. Not up for debate or arguing or any of that sort. He wanted one word answers from people, nothing more, nothing less. A thread could have been started where people could reasonably put forward thoughts, questions, complaints etc and it never happened. You're not the only 2 members who've done this and not the only ones who are really passionate about your music. It wasn't so much that it happened (though it did seem a tad feral) but where it happened.

Anyway, this isn't all at you. It isn't really at anyone specifically, but those who have brought arguments and debates into these Survivor threads.

Dave if you want to continue it one day, we can work with you on either deleting or setting up a thread for people to have their discussions in, so your game can continue. If you dont want them seperate, we can do that too and people can begin a reasonable spinoff topic thread for discussion after it. No connection to you.

Angela Harlem said:
Lilac, you might have missed the point. None of this has come about from either yours or IWB's debating in the other thread, though it was excessive and completely unnecessary. Dave unfortunately has copped this kind of thing all through these Survivor threads and he has kept going in good spirit. Well, maybe not always lol...but he kept going.
Thing is, they're vote threads. Not up for debate or arguing or any of that sort. He wanted one word answers from people, nothing more, nothing less. A thread could have been started where people could reasonably put forward thoughts, questions, complaints etc and it never happened. You're not the only 2 members who've done this and not the only ones who are really passionate about your music. It wasn't so much that it happened (though it did seem a tad feral) but where it happened.

Anyway, this isn't all at you. It isn't really at anyone specifically, but those who have brought arguments and debates into these Survivor threads.

Dave if you want to continue it one day, we can work with you on either deleting or setting up a thread for people to have their discussions in, so your game can continue. If you dont want them seperate, we can do that too and people can begin a reasonable spinoff topic thread for discussion after it. No connection to you.

While I'm sure our fighting did have something to do with his decision, I'm also sure it didn't help any that he was immediately jumped on by a couple of people who accused him of rigging it so The Clash would lose. Right, this is not the first time he's been accused of things and bugged about the votes. I can understand how that would make it more of a headache than a fun game.

Perhaps it can resume under the strict rule that each person's response only include a vote in the form of the name of the band, and anyone 'elaborating' or fussing will have their vote disqualified. Take a break and think about it, dave?

actually, i changed my sig to say what it says a few days before this whole fiasco. it's a joke between me and another interferencer that has nothing to do with you, despite your paranoia and insistance that just because i don't like hippies, i have something personal against you. i don't know you.

and i do believe that my calling you a dirty hippie was in response to personal attacks from you, not completly out of the blue as you suggest. yes you can argue that retaliation isn't necessarily the best answer, but i never said i was perfect. i do punch back.

also, i'm pretty sure i've admitted to being a "loose cannon" and not controling my temper online where it shouldn't even be set off. at the same time, you could also do the world of blue-crack a favor and not take everything you read so seriously. two-way street...kind of like the shit we were arguing about in the first place. anyone see a pattern?

Lilac said:

Perhaps it can resume under the strict rule that each person's response only include a vote in the form of the name of the band, and anyone 'elaborating' or fussing will have their vote disqualified. Take a break and think about it, dave?

I don't like this idea at all. Why should Dave change the way the game has always been played? It's worked the way he's had it set up since the beginning. Sure there's been a few fights and heated debates here and there but for the most part everyone has gotten along at it's been a fun game to play. People have always elaborated on their vote or commented about the fact that one of their favorite songs, albums, band was voted out in the last round. I'd hate to see this game come to "you can only vote and not make any comments." How boring.

If you (and I'm using you in a general sense as in anyone here) feel there's something wrong with the way we play the game then don't play.

It's not a life or death situation. IT'S A GAME. We are all passionate about music. I think that's how we found Interference to begin with. But why does a game of fun need to turn into a debate and ruin it for everyone else who play?

arw9797 said:

I don't like this idea at all. Why should Dave change the way the game has always been played? It's worked the way he's had it set up since the beginning. Sure there's been a few fights and heated debates here and there but for the most part everyone has gotten along at it's been a fun game to play. People have always elaborated on their vote or commented about the fact that one of their favorite songs, albums, band was voted out in the last round. I'd hate to see this game come to "you can only vote and not make any comments." How boring.

If you (and I'm using you in a general sense as in anyone here) feel there's something wrong with the way we play the game then don't play.

It's not a life or death situation. IT'S A GAME. We are all passionate about music. I think that's how we found Interference to begin with. But why does a game of fun need to turn into a debate and ruin it for everyone else who play?

:up:

My point exactly.

It's not the fact that people are having debates and discussing and such. It's the fact that people are starting to agrue virulently and attack and debase each other personally (as has already started even in this thread). There's no point to the game if one can't debate, but there's a difference between "debate" and "argument". The line's being crossed a lot more frequently than I'd like.

You can debate until you're blue in the face. But I don't want arguments and petty name-calling in my game. That's not what this game was intended for and it's not what it will tolerate.

I also don't appreciate being accused of corruption by a few people every time something doesn't go their way, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms...

Anyways I will keep the game on hold for this weekend (until Monday) and then reassess whether it will start up again.

If I do restart it though, keep this in mind: the INSTANT that anybody (I don't care who) starts slinging shit at someone else or people start turning healthy debates about music into a personal argument, it will end for good. And I'm bloody fucking serious about that.

We only have 7 rounds left people if the game restarts...let's keep it civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom