Coyote Quiznos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
story.jpg

Coyote a cool customer at Chicago sandwich shop

POSTED: 12:07 p.m. EDT, April 4, 2007

Story Highlights
• Coyote enters Chicago Quiznos sandwich shop; lies down in cooler
• Animal control captured passive coyote
• The city catches 10 to 15 coyotes every year, especially in the spring
• If uninjured, the coyote will be released in the wild

Adjust font size:
CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- For one day, at least, the roadrunner was safe. It seems the coyote was hankering for another kind of fast food.

Employees and customers at a downtown Chicago Quiznos sandwich shop were stunned to see a coyote walk through the propped-open front door Tuesday afternoon and lie down in a cooler stocked with fruit juice and soda.

"It wasn't aggressive at all," restaurant manager Bina Patel told the Chicago Tribune. "It was just looking around." (Watch the coyote take a rest in the cooler )

Employees and customers calmly cleared out of the restaurant, though some took the time to finish their sandwiches and snap some cell-phone photos, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. Animal control officers took the passive coyote away after about 40 minutes, after a curious crowd had gathered outside.

"This one definitely I will definitely remember forever. A coyote in downtown Chicago," Quiznos employee Rick Torres told WLS-TV.

The city captures 10 to 15 coyotes every year, especially in the spring when they are most active, said Anne Kent, director of Chicago Animal Care and Control. Veterinarians will examine the coyote and, if he is not injured, release him into the wild.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

I heard this on the radio as it was happening. Best thing ever was when the guy reporting jokingly said, "Well, this just in! We've found out that there's a CARIBOU in the DUNKIN DONUTS too!" And then one of the hosts goes "Oh yeah? What about the polar bears?" And he says, "Ehh I haven't found them yet, but there's a CVS Pharmacy down the street. I'll look in the window over there."

:lmao: I love News Talk 890. Roe Conn...any Chicago people?

I saw them drag the coyote away last night on the news. I felt so bad for him being dragged off by the neck. :sigh:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
I heard this on the radio as it was happening. Best thing ever was when the guy reporting jokingly said, "Well, this just in! We've found out that there's a CARIBOU in the DUNKIN DONUTS too!" And then one of the hosts goes "Oh yeah? What about the polar bears?" And he says, "Ehh I haven't found them yet, but there's a CVS Pharmacy down the street. I'll look in the window over there."

:lmao: I love News Talk 890. Roe Conn...any Chicago people?

I saw it on the news...I think it was the CBS station. I thought it was oddly funny that a coyote walked into a sandwich shop and parked it's butt on the cooler. Maybe it wanted to stay there for a while...maybe getting some free grub or something :shrug:

Cleasai said:
I saw them drag the coyote away last night on the news. I felt so bad for him being dragged off by the neck. :sigh:

He's adorable, but I have to agree. He looked so scared and they were pulling so hard on him. I hope they released him back in the woods. We're just 45 minutes West of the City and we've got coyote's all over. They never hurt anything or anyone either. Their more afraid of us.

Back
Top Bottom