Coward, South Carolina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glaciers. South Island. :drool:

Wait, beer? Sorry, got carried away with my homesickness.

I can't believe every book I read talks about Freud

The guy was a bloody idiot

Just like Michel Foucault seems to be fucking everywhere in the stuff I do. He was completely up his own arse.

Just like Michel Foucault seems to be fucking everywhere in the stuff I do. He was completely up his own arse.

And then right under it there's another equally annoying stupid theory

Axver me and you should write a theory; People who write stupid bloody theories that make no sense and end up in every textbook in existence are bastards; except us because this theory is actually true

And then right under it there's another equally annoying stupid theory

Axver me and you should write a theory; People who write stupid bloody theories that make no sense and end up in every textbook in existence are bastards; except us because this theory is actually true

I'm in on this.

I've very seriously thought about writing something arguing against the intense theorising you find in some quarters of History.

I'm in on this.

I've very seriously thought about writing something arguing against the intense theorising you find in some quarters of History.

Some of this stuff is just so...

"Men travel in trains because they see them as safer than air travel but allow their wives and children to travel by air because they have much less regard for their well being"
"Cigarettes are bought by women due to penis envy"

How does this crap get into a textbook?

Some of this stuff is just so...

"Men travel in trains because they see them as safer than air travel but allow their wives and children to travel by air because they have much less regard for their well being"
"Cigarettes are bought by women due to penis envy"

How does this crap get into a textbook?

... holy fucking god.

And have you seen some of the History crap that I've quoted lately in discussions with Ashley and U-Wen? If you haven't, I'll repost it. It has to be read to be believed ... all I can do is laugh at it.

... holy fucking god.

And have you seen some of the History crap that I've quoted lately in discussions with Ashley and U-Wen? If you haven't, I'll repost it. It has to be read to be believed ... all I can do is laugh at it.

The again anything under "Psychoanalytic Approach" should be filed as complete crap. I'm sure an idiot prick like Freud will teach me how to master marketing...I could sell "Daddy I'm sexually attracted to you, but don't worry it's natural" cards too!

Repost it for me

The again anything under "Psychoanalytic Approach" should be filed as complete crap. I'm sure an idiot prick like Freud will teach me how to master marketing...I could sell "Daddy I'm sexually attracted to you, but don't worry it's natural" cards too!

Repost it for me

:lol: God, I remember briefly studying Freud in high school. It was more than enough!

Try out this utter bullshit. It's the abstract for an Ashis Nandy article:

The historical mode may be the dominant mode of constructing the past In most parts of the globe but it is certainly not the most popular mode of doing so. The dominance is derived from the links the idea of history has established with the modern nation-state, the secular worldview, the Baconian concept of scientific rationality, nineteenth-century theories of progress, and, in recent decades, development. This dominance has also been strengthened by the absence of any radical critique of the idea of history within the modern world and for that matter, within the discipline of history itself. As a result, once exported to the nonmodern world, historical consciousness has not only tended to absolutize the past in cultures that have lived with open-ended concepts of the past or depended on myths, legends, and epics to define their cultural selves, it has also made the historical worldview complicit with many new forms of violence, exploitation, and satanism in our times arid helped rigidify civilizational, cultural, and national boundaries.

HISTORY IS COMPLICIT WITH SATANISM, PEOPLE.

I love seeing you guys badmouth Foucault and Freud.

Seriously, as soon as somebody starts to base their argument on Foucault, I just tune out. I don't care anymore. The man was nutty.

Do you know where this guy gets his drugs? They sound good

Bengal somewhere, I think.

How about Dipesh Chakrabarty? This prick was once at Melbourne University.

“History” as a knowledge system is firmly embedded in institutional practices that invoke the nation state at every step—witness the organization and politics of teaching, recruitment, promotions, and publication in history departments, politics that survive the occasional brave and heroic attempts by individual historians to liberate “history” from the meta-narrative of the nation state. One only has to ask, for instance: Why is history a compulsory part of education of the modern person in all countries today including those that did quite comfortably without it until as late as the eighteenth century? Why should children all over the world today have to come to terms with a subject called “history” when we know that this compulsion is neither natural nor ancient?

History isn't ancient? Shit, some Greek and Roman guys are going to be terribly disappointed to find out they weren't historians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom