Courtney Loves Mental Health - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #16
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Local Time: 04:25 PM
I feel bad for the kid.

I have a bad feeling Frances and Tiger Lily will soon have a whole lot more in common than they already do. =\

Old 07-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
The only one I feel sorry for is the poor little girl who didn't ask to be born into this shit.
. Hopefully she'll learn from this and not follow their path. That'd be good.

Also, I do agree that a person has to admit to wanting help before anyone else can help them. I just hope that happens with her soon, so that anybody out there who does care about her will then get her the help she wants and needs.

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I'm currently dealing with a similar situation with a friend.
. Hope all turns out well with your friend.

Angela

Old 07-11-2004, 10:44 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:25 PM
Unfortunately, from my own experience I would have to say that U2Kitten is right.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by u2granny
Unfortunately, from my own experience I would have to say that U2Kitten is right.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:55 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

I hope it helps her..

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Embattled diva Courtney Love is a "troubled rock star" who now has a legal guardian and has been admitted to an "institution" in the eastern United States, her civil lawyer has said.

The revelations came during a civil court case in Los Angeles on Tuesday, held four days after the widow of grunge rocker Kurt Cobain was rushed to a New York hospital just hours after a warrant was issued for her arrest because she failed to turn up in court to face unrelated criminal charges.

Civil attorney Robert Ring made the comments as he represented the 40-year-old singer and actress in a lawsuit in Los Angeles in which she is accused of failing to settle her legal bills.

He did not elaborate on why 40-year-old Love now had a legal guardian or what kind of institution she had been admitted to.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 09:25 PM
What she needs is a residential rehab program of at least six months- or better, a year. Whether she decides to do it is another story. She's in a bad place that will get worse before it gets better. She has little or no control over her impulses at this point. I feel for her, it's a terrible way to live.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:37 PM   #22
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:25 PM
Najeena is exactly right.

Its tragic that it's come to the point where she needs a legal guardian but for her daughter's sake, I hope she gets better.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:25 AM
I hope it helps too.

As for BGs question - I havent read anything about her life at all. Only newsheadlines so I may well have the wrong end of the stick.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:05 PM   #24
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
I've read a bit about her life and what an incredible shit her father is, for one thing.

It's become the "hip thing" to bash Courtney in some circles, spreading conspiracy theories about Kurt's death, slagging her for every note she's ever played or sang, and frankly it makes me sick.

I liked Hole's sound and energy a lot better than I ever liked Nirvana.

I hope this is a program that helps her clean up for good. Her daughter needs her.