Country music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I just started a thread about my love of trance and house music....

However, my OTHER new music obsession is COUNTRY!!!! It is very addictive...
I love Tim McGraw, the Dixie Chicks, George Strait, Travis Tritt, Garth, Randy Travis, and almost the whole Y107 lineup here in New York City. It's almost embaressing, but I really do like it. Am I alone here?

you prolly are
biggrin.gif

I used to love country music when i was about 10 if that helps
wink.gif

actually some of it's good, the lyrics are really simple and uplifting at times, just can't take too much you know

------------------
contradiction is balance

I've never been a fan of country. Sounds all the same to me, and not really my cup of tea anyway. Trance on the other hand is a very different story.

I grew up with Johnny Cash music, my Mom would be playing country music on the radio every morning
smile.gif

I hear the train a comin'; it's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when.
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps draggin' on.
But that train keeps rollin' on down to San Antone.

I love the old stuff but I think it's more sentimental than anything.

But there is one new group I like, Hayseed Dixie!! Heard of 'em?

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

I live in the south, love the south and HATE country music. I like some Johnny Cash but he isn't country, he's Johhny Cash. He's like Frank Sinatra, you have to respect him. I loathe most country music and their lame videos that my family insists on watching all the time.
mad.gif

I live near Patsy Cline's hometown...country in the Wal Mart...country in the resturants...country on the hold button on the telephone...enough!!

The locale music scene is country.

Every time someone plays a country sound around my daughter..(the singer) she starts in this hick redneck voice..."I miss my dawg....."
biggrin.gif

I don't hate it...but I'm tired of it...

Dream wanderer

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I like some Johnny Cash but he isn't country, he's Johhny Cash. He's like Frank Sinatra, you have to respect him. I loathe most country music and their lame videos

I agree Johnny, I cant stand country music and thankfully here in Australia, well there is country music but it aint as big as what I imagine it to be in America.........I just cant stand that twang that they sing with,,,,urgh, YUK!!!!!
tongue.gif

I hate country music, really. I live in Nashville, TN. I think it is just probably crammed down my throat too much...

biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I'm a fan of Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and Bob Wills but I don't care for any of the new country music. And actually, I'm attracted to western swing music, not country. Bob Wills is the grandfather of western swing. Johnny Cash plays some of what I would call western swing but then he's got a lot of ballad-y and folksy stuff too. But like Johnny Swallow said, he ain't country, he's Johnny Cash. And I just think he's a badass mofo.

------------------
-pub

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I loathe most country music and their lame videos that my family insists on watching all the time.
mad.gif

I couldn't agree more. Country sounds like a bunch of dogs barkin'. As if the videos weren't enough, have you seen the TRL-type show that the one country cable network has now? I guess they thought TRL was short for "TRAILER".

------------------
WWBD?--What Would Bono Do?

It's all music Hitman. Some powerful songs have been recorded in the country music genre over the years. I admire good musicianship no matter what kind of music it is. Some very talented guitarists doing the country circuit here in Oz.
"Country" is a broad term, there are some songs that are just plain ridiculous too.

I am very picky about what country music I like. Tim McGraw is pretty decent though. My parents wanted to see him in concert recently, and they said they'd buy me a ticket if I wanted to go, so I figured what the hell? It was actually a pretty good show.

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Wow Hitman, I am truely impressed with your range in the type of music you like. I've always thought that that is a very good sign for someone to have. Being "one dimensional" in one's tastes is very boring, and might I say "ignorant"??? At least I see it as close-minded. I think it reflects on how one reacts and is tolerate of many other things in life.
To say ALL of one type of music is bad is too easy!
For me, music and art is a wonderful gift for us!
It is a smorgesborge (sp?) that we are invited to "taste".

... I like to eat
biggrin.gif

I too like country music. I refuse to play the "awww, all that shit sucks, dude. Its all trash!" game. Its almost like some dislike this or that out of peer pressure or not to look uncool in front of their buddies.

I find artists like Patsy Cline and Hank Williams SENIOR just awesome. Not all music has to be rock! Not all music has to be what is "in".
In the country category I also enjoy Dwight Yoakum, Travis Tritt, Patty Loveless, and many others.
I do find all these "New country" artists a bit too "formula" and commercial though... although Dixie Chicks are quite good.

I can like U2, and also like Bluegrass, Mexican Norteno (Polka), Bee Bop Jazz, and the Bluessssssssssss.

And its ok!

... Hitman... Do yourself a favor and look into Coltrane and Miles Davis, buddy!!

Peace

Back
Top Bottom