counting crows...but with john mayer?? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 06-19-2003, 02:52 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:50 PM
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I can't stand John Mayer.. but I Counting Crows. I would NEVER let the dislike of an opener suade me from not seeing a show. I'm only hurting myself from being too stubborn to sit thru 40 mins of someone else's music.. when the band I really want to see will be on for 2 hrs.
I agree on all counts. Just because John Mayer sucks is no reason not to check out Counting Crows. I'd go!

Old 06-19-2003, 03:25 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:50 PM
Originally posted by paxetaurora
Why does everyone hate John Mayer? Seriously, have any of you actually heard any of his songs besides "No Such Thing" and "Your Body Is a Wonderland"? I mean, I think I have pretty decent taste in music and I thought Room for Squares was great. What's this all about?

I can't speak for everyone, but I would never blindly say I didn't like a musician after only hearing their hits. I've heard his albums, and it's just not my thing. I find him bland and boring, and he sings like he has something stuck in his throat..

That you like him has no reflection on your music taste, chica. He's popular for a reason, and it's because alot of people really like his vibe. There's no problem there.

Old 06-19-2003, 04:18 PM   #18
New Yorker
Local Time: 01:50 PM
He's just such a....

One Dave Matthews/Sting wannabe is already one too many. I've heard his album, it stinks. It stinks real bad.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:39 PM   #19
love, blood, life

Nobody loves John here.

Ah well.

I'll slink back into my hole now.

and you hunger for the time
time to heal, desire, time

Join Amnesty.
Old 06-20-2003, 02:28 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier
there are other factors involved, money, no car, and a two hour drive are keeping me from going other than the fact that i can't stand john mayer. but i really would consider not spending the money based on the fact that i may or may not be subjected to a shorter set and/or listening to john mayer (it all depends on who's on stage first). i've seen the counting crows twice, the first time was before i even liked them (on the tour with live), and seeing them live made me a fan. aside from duritz joining live on "the dolphin's cry" it was also really cool when live and galactic (the opening band) came out and did "hanginaround".

my mistake about the double billing vs. opening band thing...the way they've been advertising it here makes it sound like they're not touring as equals.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:19 AM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Pax....I am not afraid to say I rather see John Mayer than Counting Crows. I do not like the Counting Crows, and doubt I ever will. They are boring. Although I haven't heard Mayer album....I do like his singles. Does it mean I buy the album or pay to see him in But he has nice poppy songs on the radio.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:32 AM   #22
New Yorker
Local Time: 04:50 PM
Pap is good stuff

I think "Your Body is a Wonderland" is great stuff,... brilliant. A song you can bonk too. Mayer is a good guitar player even though I don't think his songs show it.

Counting Crows had a lot of poppy stuff on the radio but never stopped me from appreciating. I head they are really good live.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:42 PM   #23
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:50 PM
Flying FuMachu and I live in the same city...sort of. C-U

counting crows, john mayer