Could you love someone who smells????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Picture the scene.You find yourself attracted to someone,from a distance,and for a long time you have had an overwhelming 'desire' for them.Then one day you bump into them down the local cash and carry and you start a conversation.He/she is very attractive but suddenly you notice something:eek: .They stink.A really smelly,somethings just died,type of aroma:sick:
Would you still find them alluring and hope you could get them to have a bath or would you think 'leg it'???

i guess it doesn't actually fit the pictured scene, but your mother loves you, does she not?

:wink:

boystupidboy said:
Picture the scene.You find yourself attracted to someone,from a distance,and for a long time you have had an overwhelming 'desire' for them.Then one day you bump into them down the local cash and carry and you start a conversation.He/she is very attractive but suddenly you notice something:eek: .They stink.A really smelly,somethings just died,type of aroma:sick:
Would you still find them alluring and hope you could get them to have a bath or would you think 'leg it'???

um no

I think I could deal with bad breath on occasion (druck or sick) or even a awful fart every now and then:yuck: But he would have to be clean otherwise..on a regular basis ...no smelly arm pits or feet or anything in between:crazy: That is just gross:shrug:

Takes me back to when I was a 14 or 15 year old; I played some travel team baseball back then and naturally, even then, there were the teenager girl groupies...I fell for one, she fell for me, she was Nicaraguan, spoke fluent English and Spanish and my mom (bless her) thought she was the one............until we kissed.....................GAG!!!! I couldn't do it, I honestly tried, but it never failed, at the ballpark, at the movies, meeting after school...YUCK....

:no: never happened. :byebye:

boystupidboy said:

:giggle:

um...i would say..

Yeah you're hot, yeah wanna go out with you or somethin but, just wana tell you you've got a bit of an odour problem goin on.

Hot bono-lookalike-dude says...
I'm so sorry, I've been in work all day and hit the gym straight after...dont worry babes I'll be all hot for our drink :wink: say, um, tomorrow at 7?

Me...

*blushes* ok then

^^^^^^^^quite the scenario eh? :wink:

I'm so shallow it's horrid!

Will someone whip me with a cooked strand of spaghetti?

No I will not date anyone who smells, looks bad, wears the wrong jeans, etc.

I'm such a bad excuse for a human being. Forgive me. :reject:

shallow? no. you are not shallow. people who dont wash are fucking filthy and deserve to be shot, not given an opportunity to date or begin relationships!!!!

people who smell are becoming my biggest pet hate.
:angry:

Smell is not always caused by bad personal hygiene. Diet plays a big part: folks who eat lots of curry, garlic or onions tend to have an odd smell. It's nowhere near as bad as unwashed funk, but it is noticeable and can put some people off.

I also live in a very hot climate, so I'm used to people being a bit on the sweaty side. Trust me, when it's over 110º F for months at a time, you work up a sweat just walking across the parking lot!

So I would have to say it depends on what's causing the smell. If he's frequently eats the aforementioned foods, or if he'd just come off a hard day at work and hadn't had a chance to clean up, that'd be okay (a quick shower with a good deodorant soap should fix that!). If he hasn't bathed since the Nixon administration or has teeth that resemble rancid baked beans....HELL NO!!! :barf:

Last edited:
boystupidboy said:
Could you love someone who smells????

Most of us have proper working olfactory systems.
Therefore we all smell.

It is this sense of smell that enables the question:
"Could you love someone who stinks?" stupidboy

Maggie1 said:
I cannot deal with bad smells. I take two showers a day and I expect the same from anyone who spends time with me.:eyebrow:

I really like you. Everyone, please pay attention to this lovely lady! I have a penchant for people with no greasy hair, who wear deodorant and perhaps some body spray on top of that or perfume.
:up:

MissMaCo said:
I've always heard that 2 showers a day are too much, it's not good for your skin :shrug:

drys my skin out....I swim in the mornings and that combined with 2 showers is just too much...after my swim I just rinse off then take a real shower at night.:)

Back
Top Bottom