could use the help of a computer techie...si vous plait...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
we're having problems with our little network we have set up in our apartment. we have comcast digital cable and a linksys ethernet/wireless router. basically we are experience frequent yet brief internet interruptions. i've called comcast (who said the modem was behaving normally) and linksys (who offered advice that ultimately only fixed the problem for a few hours) but have had no success. i'm usually pretty computer savvy but i am now stumped. i run an apple ibook with an airport extreme card and experience much fewer problems than my roomates who are all running XP or some other windows variant. any ideas?

I'm a computer technician, but networking is not part of my duties. Maybe it's something to do with how/how often the computers are configured to get their IP addresses?

My connection has also been dropping every hour or so, but that's b/c we're still waiting for our new DSL service to kick in and right now I'm piggybacking off of a neighbor, but my room is the farthest away from their router.

Techie2000 (I think that's his username) always helps me w/ my networking issues....

Back
Top Bottom