Could not this be the dark horse team of the 06-07 NBA season?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it finally the year of the Utah Jazz?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Maybe, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Not a chance.

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Now that they've rid themselves of Karl "Atilla the Hun" Malone they might have a shot at winning...

...but no, they won't win the title.

Hard to be a "dark horse" if you're currently leading the league...

speedracer said:
Hard to be a "dark horse" if you're currently leading the league...

they weren't favored at all the start of this season, ( there by making them a 'dark horse' ) and still there is a lot of time for the Jazz to stumble.

so it will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

dbs

No.

The Mavs, Spurs, Suns, and even the Lakers are better in the West alone.

Orlando beat them too without Grant Hill.

The Mavericks started 14-0 in 02-03 and didn't make the Finals.

Moral of the story: sometimes hot starts mean balls. Don't get too excited about the Jazz just yet.

Well I do like this team, I can't help but think about how many times this happens in the NBA. A team starts off hot and cools off later. I answered, "we'll see" because honestly, if AK goes down, which could happen at any time, or anything of that nature happens to an important player, what happens then.

That said, I love their point guard Williams. He IS this good. Same goes with Boozer. I'm not sure about him scoring 30 every night, but surely 20-10 isn't impossible at all.

I would hesitantly say go ahead and plan for the playoffs. I hope AK stays healthy. He is soo good.

There, I didn't make fun of the Jazz.

This just in..

The 2006-07 Utah Jazz: Who are these guys?
(And why you need to know them)
By Andrew Pearson
Posted Nov 30 2006 12:10PM

OK, so admit it. You were fooled too. When the season started, you had your usual list of suspects for teams that were going to be a factor in the Western Conference this season. Everyone’s top three consisted of Dallas, San Antonio and Phoenix, and many figured last spring’s playoff teams would only improve. Throw in a healthy Yao and Tracy McGrady, and the return of Don Nelson to Golden State, and both the Rockets and Warriors even nudged themselves into the postseason conversation. But the Utah Jazz? No matter what argument you would present, there was little evidence aside from a 9-4 streak to close out last season to believe that such a substantial turnaround was coming.

Yet with nearly five weeks of the season in the rear view mirror, the Jazz find themselves sitting atop the Northwest Division with a 13-3 record after a franchise record 12-1 start, their best since the 1996-97 season when they ultimately lost to the Michael Jordan-led Bulls in the NBA Finals. The Jazz have been one of the biggest surprises of the league thus far, and they’ve done it with a roster that goes virtually unrecognized. So who are these guys?

nice young team, cap flexability, great coach... two things would bother me about 'em. a) can ak47 ever stay healthy? b) who's the go to guy down the stretch? it might be boozer, but he has to prove it for an entire season first.

win the title this year? stranger things have happened, but i wouldn't count on it. but certainly a team to watch in the (near) future

on a related note, the hawks looked quite dumb for passing on chris paul last year... they're looking twice as dumb now that deron williams is playing well, too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
small feet? size 14 mothafucka :wink:

Well, I guess there's an exception to every rule... :hmm:

And what the hell is a team from Utah calling themselves "Jazz" for?!? I know they're from New Orleans originally, but were they so lazy they couldn't think up a new name? Yeesh. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom