copy controlled cd's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I hate copy controlled CD's, there's no point to them. You're either going to support the artist or you're not. I like to upload my CD's onto MD. The copy controlled CD's uploads on my MD all "garbled". I hate carrying a bulky discman on the bus. I bought the CD therefor I am entitled to upload them onto my MD for the purpose of portability. I wonder if there's any way to properly rip tracks off a copy controlled CD into MP3 format.

I always find that if you put copy controlled CDs into a DVD drive, and then copy the files from the 'My Computer' section, then there is no problem
:)

isabelle_guns said:
I bought the CD therefor I am entitled to upload them onto my MD for the purpose of portability.

and legally there is no reason why that isn't your right.

in spite of all the attention paid to digital technologies and their mobile capabilities, digitization contains a very potent opportunity for content providers to control how you enjoy their product.

DaveC said:
They always work for me...I copied Hail to the Thief onto my computer the day it came out. :shrug:

Now how the hell did you do that? I've tried so many different things, and CANNOT GET IT TO WORK. I don't even play the damn album on my computer anymore, because the silly player it comes with slows everything else down. And I have a high end computer.

*shakes fist at Radiohead* :mad:

Back
Top Bottom