Cop who told of Mel Gibson's rant being harassed by coworkers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he leaked the police report, he probably should be fired.
Info on those reports should only come out during court proceedings, not in tabloids.

^ Bingo. Just like the 2 jackasses from the SF Chronicle leaking the Grand Jury testimony in the Barry Bonds thing.

Thinking the cop blabbing about Mel to the tabloids is a weasel doesn't mean you agree with the things Mel said.

To be accurate, the 2 writers from the Chronicle did not leak it, they printed it after it was leaked to them. Someone else leaked it, and the writers will not give the source up, hence their potential incarceration.

I agree with the sentiment. Mel's comments were of course deplorable, but, leaking the info out before his court appearance is just wrong.

Looks like you guys took this a much different way than I did. If it were only because they were upset his leaks may hurt the case, then yes, he did a bad thing. But the way I read the story, they seem to be down on him for hurting Mel's rep and tattling on him when they thought it was bad because they liked Mel and were on his side. That's what made me mad.

Well, if what you say is true, it still doesn't excuse the leaks.

Leaking information = bad
Playing favorites = also bad

Butterscotch said:
But the way I read the story, they seem to be down on him for hurting Mel's rep and tattling on him when they thought it was bad because they liked Mel and were on his side.
It's possible that people can like someone and be disappointed in their behavior at the same time.
Look at the number of people who continued to like Bill Clinton and side with him after all of his behavior (perjury, lying to the American people, taking advantage of a young intern entrusted to him).
Forgiving someone of bad behavior and supporting them afterwards is not the same thing as approving of what they did.
People who are still hating on Mel Gibson and judging him after he expressed remorse and asked for forgiveness have their own issues...

Back
Top Bottom