Coolest sporting event you've witnessed in the flesh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here is my list
  • 1994 World Cup Match in Orlando, FL
  • 1996 Olympics Track and Field watching Michael Johnson win a Gold Medal
  • 1999 Game 1 of the World Series NY Yankees Vs. Atlanta Braves (Braves got their asses kicked..:( and it was cold as hell but an awesome experience)
  • 2001 PGA Championship seeing Tiger Woods
  • Watching the Detroit Red Wings live 5 rows behind the goal in the Phillips Arena.

Last edited:
the Philadelphia Phantoms winning the Calder Cup (AHL) in geez, I think it was second overtime. I saw two games in that final series and I have a recount of it written down somewhere, if I can find it. June 6, 1998 I believe, I have never seen anything as amazing as that before or since. :yes:

I was at the Cal Ripken 2131 game. That was an amazing atmosphere.

Watching Maryland beat UNC in Hoops when UNC was #1 and MD was #8

I have been to some awesome track meets where I have seen numerious world record holders run.

as for soccer or real football

Russia : Ukraine somewhere in 1999 1 - 1

Spartak : Rusenborg 3 : 1 1995

Russia : Israel 2:0 1997

Tenniss

E.Kafelnikov - G.Ivanishevich Kremlin Cup final in 1997 or 98 .

Hockey : Russia - Finland in 1999 , i don't remember exctaly dates , Cup of Beer " baltika "

Boston Bruins versus Montreal Canadiens all home games of bruins , great emotions , great hockey , bad final result
:rant:

The Super Bowl in 2002.

George Brett's last game in Baltimore

Seeing Jerry Rice catch a touchdown pass right in front of me

3 rows behind homeplate and Bonds homers in extra innings

Mario Lemeuix hat-trick in 1992

United States Soccer Team beating Mexico in 1994 3-0

-Every game I've been to at Lambeau Field. That place is just amazing.

-Tennis: RCA Championships in Indianapolis. It's amazing how hard the pros actually hit.

MUUUUUUUURPHEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY.......

Honestly, A St Paul Saints game I recently attended with Lemon Meringue, Walkron and Lilly.

The Massages. The rare double Train :| #11 :sick: & All the other toit rear ends in baseball pants :silent:, The Heckling, the unknown vendor, that poor, poor 3rd baseman Murphey from Duluth that was the object of our unrelentless heckling, The Booby vents, The Dutch accents, the Irish profanity, the fireworks between games, the other teams pitcher who had no balls, the two games we won that had BOTH gone into extra innings........

Buying a ticket for the Saints game: $8

Spending it with :der: insane :huh: people :no: you :cool: love: PRICELESS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom