Cool Band Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshmallow Guy

Babyface
Sorry, dunno if this is the right forum...

Anywho, my friend and I are trying to think up a name for our band. My brother suggested Justin Escano and the Moonlight Experience (Justin's the lead guitar/vocals). I think it's cool because it's retro-style-y, and kinda jazzy/swingy, and cool because it's retro-y/, and very origional. It's like, cool because it's not cool, you know?
And he wants the name to be "The Hype".

So what do you think?

Don't go with The Hype...that's U2's old name. It's sacred!

Okay, there have probably been other bands to use that name as well...but still!

Justin Escano and the Sexabilly Avalanche.

Please make it big so I can say I had something to do with your success.

guys, please dont say Justin Escano and the Moonlight Experience! can we atleast change the name so that it's not my name there?

oh yeah, we'll be releasing a music video this weekend. . . check it out!

Okay see, all you need to do is follow me around for a couple days and you'll have hundreds of choices. I'm always going "That'd be a good name for a band!" Seriously. Like all the time...so much that I don't remember any of the good names. Oh well, here are a few:

Not Quite Punk
Only in Opinions
The Breaks
Mind Games
Equalibrium
The Soothsayers
Frequent Silence
Salvador Dali and the Russian Dolls

Ok... what about Justin Escano and the Moonlight Experience? Not to be a negative Nelly, but can you advize on whether or not that is a cool band name or not?
I've been trying to convince
discotheque that it's a cool name... and almost everyone I've asked said that it is an awesome name.
What about just, "The Moonlight Experience"?

Last edited:
Marshmallow Guy said:
Ok... what about Justin Escano and the Moonlight Experience? Not to be a negative Nelly, but can you advize on whether or not that is a cool band name or not?
I've been trying to convince
discotheque that it's a cool name... and almost everyone I've asked said that it is an awesome name.
What about just, "The Moonlight Experience"?

Not that I know anything, since nobody seems to like _ and the Sexabilly Avalanche, but when I hear _ and the Moonlight Experience, I picture a band doing a cover of Van Morrison's "Moondance." Not that there's anything wrong with that song, or type of music, but it doesn't convey to me a band that rocks harder than any other in town.

Try to come up with a name that's so cool, Justin would say, "wait a minute, I don't want to be Justin and the _, I want to be a _."

You're obviously U2 fans, try to come up with an obscure enough reference so you don't get pigeonholed as a tribute band (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Such as:

Atomic Sky- (ref to The Wanderer)
Burning Star- (The Fly)
Exodus Sold- (Silver & Gold)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom