Cooking Blunders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Well, I was boiling up some pasta to make tuna salad...forgot how much the damn stuff expands...as we speak, my kitchen is overrun with pasta. That's not the first time I've done that...guess I'll never learn! *lol*

I also screwed up a no-bake desert one time...then there was the time I ruined spaghetti (Mom and Dad came home and found ruined noodles all over the counter, a jar of sauce on the floor, and me sitting on the floor next to it, crying).

So.....how about your cooking blunders? Who else is clueless in the kitchen?

adding vanilla extract to coke is not the same as vanilla coke.....let's just leave it at that....:sexywink:

actually, i enjoy cooking from time to time.....ooh...i thought of another.....

don't put pasta-roni on the stove then forget about it until it's all crunchy and weird.....then eat it anyway....stomach pains will insue.....:eek:

Stories for Boys said:
adding vanilla extract to coke is not the same as vanilla coke.....let's just leave it at that....:sexywink:

actually, i enjoy cooking from time to time.....ooh...i thought of another.....

don't put pasta-roni on the stove then forget about it until it's all crunchy and weird.....then eat it anyway....stomach pains will insue.....:eek:

lmfao

you girls are too much...

my baking blunder--mistaking CORN starch for flour (i was 14 at the time)

and at 19, i made some sweet and sour meat balls (chinese food), and i forgot to check up on them for 10 minutes--and they burned :mad:

Baking a cake and then realising i had no butter- my friend accross the street ran over with butter and brought his cereal bowl over to my abode for milk for his cornflakes aaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa

Everything i make-custard-pasta sauces etc etc they never end up thick :no: i swear sauces have a ting against me i really can cook :D :D

bono-vox said:
Baking a cake and then realising i had no butter- my friend accross the street ran over with butter and brought his cereal bowl over to my abode for milk for his cornflakes aaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa

Everything i make-custard-pasta sauces etc etc they never end up thick :no: i swear sauces have a ting against me i really can cook :D :D

for sauces, add some flour (not spaghetti sauce!), and for the spaghetti sauce... add a big can of tomato paste, and let it simmer for several hours.

i dunno how to make custard...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA......we're trading cooking tips.......i feel like we're the ladies home journal.......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

anyway, i thought of another.....when making scrambled eggs......if you're going to add something (water or milk), don't add too much.......it tastes like rotten wood......:eek:

I fell asleep with a pizza in the oven once. I ended up with a big, black frisbee.

Lemon Meringue said:
I fell asleep with a pizza in the oven once. I ended up with a big, black frisbee.

I was bakin' a frozen pizza once, and I left the cardboard from the packaging under it...whoops. :D

age of 15. parents running late getting home from work. no money in the house. don't know why they didn't just order a pizza but they asked me to make one. so i use the dough and sauce and the cheese and whatever toppings everyone wanted.
cook it, first time cooking really. think it's gone really good.

i didn't use pasta sauce on the dough though.
i used seafood sauce. 'twas not a treat.

age of 20. put macaroni & cheese in dish and on stove. used caserole dish. that doesn't work:no: it exploded and we had macaroni and caserole everywhere in the kitchen

My cooking blunders always seem to happen on Thanksgiving when I have my husband's family over..

2 years in a row, I cooked the turkey but forgot to take out the bags with the giblets and the neck. I pulled them out in front of everyone and they looked REALLY nasty. Everything Thanksgiving, my sister-in-law calls me and says "did you check the turkeys ass for any stray bags?"

Another time I was taking a pumpkin pie out of the oven and I forgot to put a cookie sheet under the aluminum pie pan and it bent and all the pie filling spilled out and landed on the heating element in my electric oven. The house filled up with smoke and we had a burnt pumpkin odor for days. :no:

Other than that, no really blunders except maybe over-salting a few things.

cooking..........heres an incredible understatement.....is REALLY...REALLY not my thing.

a selection of blunders includes....

1. mistaking flour for salt in a chicken type thingy.
2. mistaking salt for flour in a cake.
3. not knowing where to turn on the oven.
4. thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to put an unopened can in the microwave....there was baked beans EVERYWHERE!

i know......hopeless.....

Bono's American Wife said:
"did you check the turkeys ass for any stray bags?"

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really laughed out loud after reading that!

Whenever I make scrambled eggs, I usually tend to overcook them and they look and taste like rubber.

I don't know if anyone's heard of Easy Mac, it's macaroni and cheese you make in the microwave. One day I put in too much water, over a cup than I was supposed to. Mmm, macaroni and cheese soup.

:lemon: And in Spanish class last year, we made paella (it's got rice and shrimp and vegetables), and the person who I was making it with put way too much lemon juice in it, I think all I could taste was lemon! (lesson: measure your ingredients)

I once tried to make caramel. It was a disaster. I got burned sugar and, a, uh, rather large conflagaration occurred as a result .......I thought the neighbors were going to call the fire department. That was a *real* disaster....I haven't tried to make caramel since, heck, I buy the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom