convince me to see Ryan Adams live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
well do it.
please convince me to go see him [them] live?
take into consideration i have yet to hear any of his music. i havent been to a concert in a good while and im interested to see one that im not that familiar w/ the music, try something different for once.

thank you,
jazmin

fah said:
Why hasn't Bonochick responded to this thread :hmm:

Because she wants all the good tickets for herself! :D

Check the band index and maybe read back through some of the Ryan Adams threads. Plenty there to convince you, I'd think. Better yet, why not just go ahead and go and decide for yourself whether you think he's great. Seems like you already want to go, so just go! :)

:sexywink:
thank you heartland girl i just wanted someone else to tell me
it's on my birthday thats why i was interested, i never do anything on my birthday and i figured a concert at night might be kinda cool :up:

De nada. :wink:

I really like Ryan Adams, and I think it would be a great show. If you go, have fun!

Go, go, go!!!!!!! :hyper:

I'm not going to lie...I've read reviews of some Ryan concerts that left some people feeling quite disappointed...but those are few and far between all of the incredible reviews I have read. You basically never know what you're going to get at a Ryan Adams show, and that is part of the magic. I love it when Ryan is talkative...some people hate it, but I find it all part of the experience.

http://come_pick_me_up.tripod.com/concerts.html

You'll see what I mean. :wink:

go to the show because Ryan goes on rants, yells at the crowd, plays different songs every night and stuff that people don't want to hear, and kicks an unbelievable amount of ass while doing it. i promise you will not be disappointed, especially if you aren't looking to hear particular songs.

I've never seen him live but I love his albums so I'd definitely go to one of his gigs if I had chance. If you go to his website (www.ryan-adams.com) you can listen to some music and see for yourself whether you think you'll enjoy seeing him live.

he is totally worth going to. He puts on a show that is very anti pop world. its just a guy and his band playing amazing music for you, while telling stories, going off on rants, and usually downing a bottle of wine. just go.

zonelistener said:
I say if you need to be convinced, maybe you shouldn't go.

I WANT to see him at some point...just haven't yet.

well i said 'convince' me because i knew there had to be fans here who would say good things which would therefore pump me up to see him, its one of those artists ive always been interested in but never got around too it because theres so much music i listen to w/ freakin30GB.

i might have gone regardless but i really wanted to hear people say good things so i look forward to seein the concert with my boyfriend rather than it feeling like a chore.

The Moore Theater in Seattle has put on its site that tonight and tomorrow night's shows are cancelled, so that's our first confirmation.

Last edited:
Apparently, someone at the Moore told a caller that Ryan "has fallen ill and is cancelling the rest of his West Coast tour dates."

What a bummer. I know of some people flying to go to these shows. One girl was planning on coming from Ireland for her birthday to see (I think) the Oakland show.

Last edited:
Someone called the Wiltern in Los Angeles and asked if the show was cancelled there. The guy said no.

elevation2u said:
well do it.
please convince me to go see him [them] live?
take into consideration i have yet to hear any of his music. i havent been to a concert in a good while and im interested to see one that im not that familiar w/ the music, try something different for once.

thank you,
jazmin

Seen him live twice. Both times sucked horribly. Love his music, but he's an ass. And I'm not trolling or anything either. I own every album he's put out going back to Whiskeytown. It just his live shows do not come near to expectations and he can be a flat out dick to the crowd

Last edited:
Ryan isn't always an ass. I mean, everybody can be an ass sometimes. But Ryan has done a lot of really great things too. I have wonderful memories of him. :heart:

Bonochick said:
Ryan isn't always an ass. I mean, everybody can be an ass sometimes. But Ryan has done a lot of really great things too. I have wonderful memories of him. :heart:

Saw him once at the State Theater in Minneapolis. He played like 10 songs, all off the current album; then unceremoniously left.

Saw him again at 1st Ave in Minneapolis. He was high or drunk (or both) off his ass. He was slagging Paul Westerberg for saying he ripped paul off (which he does do; shamelessly). Only played songs from the current album again and then was too drunk to continue. But he did leave the stage and keep coming back to antagonize the crowd about four times.

Back
Top Bottom