Controller.Controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This is my recommendation of the moment. A band out of Toronto with a front-woman who has a Pretender's and Yeah Yeah Yeah's type delivery, but a more present backing ensemble. Rhythm and guitar section is along the lines of The Stills and Interpol.

I was quite impressed, although I don't know if they've established a distinctive sound or are just an amalgam of many of the bands I'm interested in at the moment.

Their debut is being streamed at the following link, if anyone is interested:

Controller.Controller EP Stream

I can handle the Gobots, I make no promises about the Transwhoremers.

:(

cujo said:
This is my recommendation of the moment. A band out of Toronto with a front-woman who has a Pretender's and Yeah Yeah Yeah's type delivery, but a more present backing ensemble. Rhythm and guitar section is along the lines of The Stills and Interpol.

I was quite impressed, although I don't know if they've established a distinctive sound or are just an amalgam of many of the bands I'm interested in at the moment.

Their debut is being streamed at the following link, if anyone is interested:

Controller.Controller EP Stream

Hey, they actually sound quite good... I love the music, and the singer isn't too bad.

*is impressed*

Re: Re: Controller.Controller

GibsonGirl said:

Hey, they actually sound quite good... I love the music, and the singer isn't too bad.

*is impressed*

Crazzy Cannuck.

:grumpy:

I can't believe that there is a thread about Controller, Controller here. Ronnie Morris, the bass player who started the band, is an old classmate of mine. We have known each other since we were about 5 years old.

I keep meaning to check them out. I shall do so soon.

I'm seeing them in a little over a week with another great femaleish Canadian band.. The Organ!

SkeeK said:
I'm seeing them in a little over a week with another great femaleish Canadian band.. The Organ!

I LOVE The Organ!!!

I saw them open for Death From Above 1979 when I was in St. Louis the other week (btw, those guys are hella fun!!!) and absolutely LOVED this band. Fucking awesome show all around :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom