Contiki Vacations? Anyone here used them for vacationing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
I am thinking about booking a trip with this tour group and I am curious if anyone here has used them before? I am looking for feedback about their vacations, tour guides, etc.

my sister did. i believe she went to amdsterdam, etc...she did a hell of alot of walking with the group. she had fun tho.

I went to Ireland with them and totally loved it. They have a lot of different packages, depending on how you like to travel -- from backpacking to staying in hotels and B&Bs. A friend of mine went all through Europe and did a Greek Isles cruise with them and had a fantastic time.

The groups are decent sized, the tour managers and bus drivers are really nice, and everyone's the same age. I totally recommend it.

:sigh: I've always wanted to take a Contiki vacation but never had the money :(

My mom works at a university and said that tons of students at her school use Contiki to travel abroad.

My old roommate went to Europe with one of their tours and had a great time, she was considering moving to Europe to become a tour guide for their company :yes:

I haven't, but I have a Contiki story that still makes me laugh.

Years ago, when my girlfriend's fiance was killed she suddenly decided to travel. I was pleased she did that. She toured Europe on a Contiki tour. She has a good time and met some fun people.
So i had a positive image of Contiki.
My sister-in-law and her husband go overseas every year, they travel independently. I nearly choked one day when she said ( I forget which country she was in)..."it was awful, everywhere we went a Contiki tour bus would pull up and out would stumble ghastly drunk Australians!!" I didn't mention my girlfriend( she was my teenage soulsister/ drinking buddy)
:lmao:
It all depends on your point of view I suppose

Go girl, have fun...imho:wave:

thanks all. I am worried I will be too old. a travel rep from Contiki wrote me back and said their clientel are college age students. Since I am 29 I feel like I be too old for them. :slant:

maybe I should look into doing it. :shrug:

Justified said:
thanks all. I am worried I will be too old. a travel rep from Contiki wrote me back and said their clientel are college age students. Since I am 29 I feel like I be too old for them. :slant:

maybe I should look into doing it. :shrug:

I was 24 when I went and most of the people on the trip were my age or older. There were three 19-year-old girls but other than that, everyone else was in their 20s and 30s. The age range for Contiki is 19 to 35 so you should be able to find a group with people close to your age. And they match up roomates according to age, which is really nice.

I think it sounds fun. I want to go on a tour of the western US/Canada since I've never been and the dollar is so weak right now that my money would be worth more. I still couldn't afford it at the moment, though. :(:sigh:

I went on a 1 month tour of the Western US with Trek America, Meggie. Best experience of my life. Trek America do a camping/hiking type of holiday though. I loved it - camping in national parks, hiking to the top of Upper Yosemite Falls.....

the highlight for me was camping in Monument Valley, where the campsite was on a high ledge looking over the valley. We all got up and watched the sun rise behind the valley :drool:

:heart: Monument Valley :heart:
019.jpg

I'll have to add Trek America's website to my favourites. That's what I'd like to do -- hiking and camping. Ideally, I'd like to just get a car and do a roadtrip, but that would be WAY too expensive!

ohh TrekAmerica? that is right up my alley.

thanks again for your responses. i have been emailing with contiki about their vacation packages and about the age groups. they told me the avg age is in between the early 20's and they tend to have a college age group around the summer due to college's being out for the summer. i am still going to keep them in mind for the fall. that way i can use my 3 weeks vacation the way i want to. :up: :D

Back
Top Bottom