Consider this, consider this, testje of the century

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: it still makes me laugh that some company actually started making them! although not as much as the fact that warner bros actually registered the domain name fizzingwhizzbees.com fizzingwhizzbees.org

fah said:
Ok, how many holiday days does everybody get from Stat holidays (Christmas, Easter)

I get 11 (I will name them if I have to)

christmas we get two - christmas day, boxing day.
then a day for new year
easter we get two - good friday and easter monday
we get two may bank holidays
an august bank holiday

so...8 altogether

FizzingWhizzbees said:
:lol: it still makes me laugh that some company actually started making them! although not as much as the fact that warner bros actually registered the domain name fizzingwhizzbees.com fizzingwhizzbees.org

:lol:

not being a harry potter fan, i didn't know what your name meant until this afternoon.

:reject:

Lemme see... :hmm:

1 January
Easter Monday
Queen's Day (30 April)
Ascension
Whitsunday Monday ( :shifty: )
Christmas (25 and 26 December)

And once every five year we get an official day off for Liberation Day (5 May). Beats me why it isn't every year...

So that's 7 or 8 days, but some of these (Queen's Day and Liberation Day) can be in the weekend or on one of the other holidays...
Like this year with the both of them. :grumpy:

Wow, if our holidays are on the weekend most times one of the week days is designated the holidays so that most workers can have the day off. Sadly this rule does generally not apply to workers in the retail sector who for the most part have to work on holidays.

The only holidays when stores are closed are:
Christmas Day
Easter Sunday
New Years Day

But then there are some who only close on Christmas :|

They're some Christian holidays.
IIRC, on Ascension the Holy Spirit ascended to heaven.
Whitsunday, I have no idea. I think another name for it is Pentecost. Something else with the Holy Spirit.

Quite interesting, these holidays, considering the secularity of my country. :)

1 - New Years Day
2 - Good Friday
3 - Easter Monday (yes the holidays is observed on the Monday, not Easter Sunday :banghead: )
4 - Victoria Day
5 - Canada Day
6 - BC Day (other provinces have different names)
7 - Labour Day
8 - Thanksgiving
9 - Remembrance Day
10 - Christmas
11 - Boxing Day

:mad:
I just saw a calendar with the Easter and Ascension holidays for the coming years. Next year, Easter is on 30 April. Yep, the very same day as one of our other national holidays. :grumpy:

Oh wait, I wasn't looking correctly. :der: Apparently there's a difference between Western and Eastern christianity. :slant:

New Years Day
Martin Luther King Day (January)
President's Day (february)
Memorial Day (May)
Fourth of July
Labor Day (sept)
Thanksgiving - 2 days
Christmas Day

plus 32 hours for personal holidays each year

Depending on where you live in Aus, you might get a few more or a few less. In WA this year we get 10 public holidays. We currently get four weeks annual leave as well (though the government is trying to change this :mad:).

Popmartijn said:

Interesting. :hmm:
I presume you're doing something in IT? :wink:

And I think San Jose has better weather than we have here. :grumpy:
Not that that is so difficult... :|

:)

Nope, not in IT myself.

Better weather.
Yes, absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom