Conjunction of Planets throughout May

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
A grand and beautiful lineup of all the bright naked-eye planets ? Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn ? is continuing in the western sky at dusk. Throughout May these five worlds will form and reform new patterns as they move against the background stars. There is no single date of a "great planetary alignment," though all five of them (plus the Moon) will be clustered within 33? of sky on the evening of May 14th.

click on link below for full article and day-by-day information.
http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/planets/article_572_1.asp

2893.jpg

(view on this map looking west shortly after sunset - North America)

INCLUDING EARTH, WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE 6 OF THE 9 PLANETS IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM AT ONE TIME!

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 05-01-2002).]

very interesting - have long had an interest in astonomy. while at Coonabarabran (astronomy capital of Australia and home of the Siding Springs Anglo Australian Observatory)in NSW I noticed one night how Jupiter was so close to the full moon- was very impressive. I must check out what is happening down here. Do you know?

Pamela

"Rock and Roll gives people a chance to not grow up." - Bono

Thanks for the info (((ABEL))) I LOVE the night sky. I'm not into astronomy per se, but I love clear nights and events such as this.
We co-own a telescope with our neighbour, but we rarely have astronomy nights now. He took a great photo of Halley's Comet using the telescope to track it.
My favourite planet is the small blue one and it's beautiful satellite
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom