Congratulations Joe Paterno and Penn State Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
As the torch is passed from one great coach to the next...

Coach Joe Paterno, 324 wins (as of 10/27/01) and Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant, 323 wins (lifetime)
joebearcolor.jpg

Congrats to Joe Pa!

My Bucks looked bad.

-----------

Three yards and a cloud of dust

Originally posted by U2Buckeye:
Congrats to Joe Pa!

My Bucks looked bad.

-----------

Three yards and a cloud of dust

Heh, these days two yards and a cloud of dust would be pretty good.
biggrin.gif

Go Michigan! (which is in a pickle right now, down 17-7 to Iowa)

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 10-27-2001).]

Originally posted by speedracer:
Heh, these days two yards and a cloud of dust would be pretty good.
biggrin.gif

B]

LOL.

We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan.
The whole state of Michigan
Because we're from Ohio
We're from Ohio, O-H
We're from Ohio, I-O
We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan
Because we're from Ohio.

Originally posted by U2Buckeye:
LOL.

Because we're from Ohio
We're from Ohio, O-H
We're from Ohio, I-O
We don't give a damn about the whole state of Michigan
Because we're from Ohio.

You're just jealous because we have Home Improvement and all you get is a Canadian joker starring in the Drew Carey show.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 10-27-2001).]

yea penn state! i don't actually know anyone who has/does go there (of course now i know Zoomeranger does...) but as a pennsylania native, i'm quite proud.

------------------
?Hard as it is to keep it together, it is still possible to have those moments when it?s just the four of you being able to keep the rest of the world out... and that?s what it?s all about.?
-Adam

Love,
Emily

She wore lemon, but never in the daylight...

Originally posted by speedracer:
You're just jealous because we have Home Improvement and all you get is a Canadian joker starring in the Drew Carey show.
tongue.gif

B]

Who's canadian?

I'm not really a Penn State football fan (in fact, not really a football fan at all) but I've lived about 15 minutes away almost all of my life and I teach part-time at a branch campus. I just wanted to say hi to the other Pennsylvanians in the room and, what the heck, congrats to the team
wink.gif

Thanks, Bama. I still miss the old rivalry between PSU and the Tide. I wish they still played that game.

Anyhow, I'm pretty much kicking myself for not going to the game. I have season tx, but I elected to play in a charity golf outing that morning instead. Windy as hell! I caught the last quarter on the radio on the way home.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

You're in luck, StarsnStripes: we play a home & home series in 2004 (Happy Valley) and 2005 (Tuscaloosa). I think that current-day conference requirements prevent us from ever doing a 10-year series as we had in the 80s, but those were some good games; I was a young child for most of them.

It seems that, after a lousy start against some "cupcake" opponents, JoePa is turning it up against the ranked Big 10 opponents, and I hope he pulls off a great season. We're 3-4 ourselves, and hoping for a bowl!

Congratulations once again.

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 10-30-2001).]

Bama-

Maybe our two teams can figure out a way to finish 6-5 and then hook up in Shreveport(sp?) for the Independence Bowl.

------------------
Sometimes the most powerful thing you can do for someone is to just tell them to fuck off. I am told to fuck off rather a lot by these three gentlemen.

[This message has been edited by StarsnStripes (edited 10-31-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:

It seems that, after a lousy start against some "cupcake" opponents,

Uh, Bama, I hope this is some of your sarcasm here. Miami, Wisc, Iowa, and Mich comprise our four losses. This is a big difference from Joepa's normal 3 trips to the bakery to start the season
wink.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by StarsnStripes (edited 10-31-2001).]

My bad! I didn't even look at your schedule, but for some reason I was thinking you had lost to some of those MAC teams. You are right, especially on Miami (who'll likely play in the Rose), although isn't Wisconsin a bit "down" this year?

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
My bad! I didn't even look at your schedule, but for some reason I was thinking you had lost to some of those MAC teams.

That was last year- don't remind me. My guess is we've seen our last game w/ this league for a while. The MAC is getting better players due to the 85 scholarship limit, so playing them is too risky with too little reward.

You are right, especially on Miami (who'll likely play in the Rose), although isn't Wisconsin a bit "down" this year?

~U2Alabama

The badgers are a little down this year, but are far from weak opposition, especially when Joepa's offense can muster only 130 total yards. Their nosetackle was a handfull.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom