Congratulation!!! Your Email Address Has Won A Lottery Read Below: - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 AM
After getting sick of gmail's usually decent spam filter not realizing that emails telling me I've won the lottery are spam despite the fact that I reported them every flippin' day, I made a sorting task to send emails with "lottery" in the subject straight to the trash. I suppose I might some day miss something important, but I really don't care.

Anyone else been getting spam with xuifopqaiert7843.pdf and whatnot in the subject? Do people think I will actually look at the email, let alone click on the attatchment?

I had 8 emails this morning. 3 were semi-legit spam (those various lists you get signed up for and are too lazy to leave) and 5 were .pdfs.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

p.s. this is hilarious

A CRY FOR HELP
1 message
mrs suha arafat <msarafat_su@hotmail.com> Thu, Jul 5, 2007 at 12:09 AM
Reply-To: mrsarafat_su02@yahoo.com
To: undisclosed-recipients

Dear Friend,

I am Mrs. SUHA ARAFAT, the wife of YASSER ARAFAT, the Palestinian leader who died in Paris. Since
his death and even prior to the announcement, I have been thrown into a state of
antagonism,confusion,humiliation, frustration and hopelessness by the present leadership of the
Palestinian Liberation Organization and the new Prime Minister.

I have even been subjected to physical and psychological torture. As a widow that is so traumatized,
I
have lost confidence with everybody in the country at the moment You must have heard over the
media reports and the Internet on the discovery of some fund in my husband secret bank account and
companies and the allegations of some huge sums of money deposited by my husband in my name of
which I have refuses to disclose or give up to the corrupt Palestine Government.

In fact the total sum allegedly discovered by the Government so far is in the tune of about $6.5
Billion
Dollars. And they are not relenting on their effort to make me poor for life. As you know, the
Moslem
community has no regards for woman, hence my desire for a foreign assistance.

You can visit the BBC news broadcast below for better understanding of what I am talking about.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3479937.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3995769.stm
I have deposited the sum of 18 million dollars with a security firm abroad whose name is withheld
for
now until we open communication. I shall be grateful if you could receive this fund into your bank
account for safe keeping and any Investment opportunity.This arrangement is known to you and my
personal Attorney.He might be dealing with you directly for security reasons as the case may be.My
Attorney lives in London (UK) because i want him to be far away from my country Palestinian for the
fear of my Governemnt.

In view of the above, if you are willing to assist for our mutual benefits, we will have to
negotiate on
your Percentage shar e of the $18million that will be kept in your position for a while and invested
in
your name for my trust pending when my Daughter, Zahwa, will come off age and take full
responsibility of her Family Estate/inheritance.

If you are honest, I am going to entrust more funds in your care as this is one of the legacy we
keep
for our children. In case you don't accept please do not let me out to the security and
international
media as I am giving you this information in total trust and confidence I will greatly appreciate if
you
accept my proposal in good faith.
You are to contact me on this email address( mrsarafat_su02@yahoo.com) and send me your full
names and your phone number to proceed immontact telephone numbers, for my attorney to contact
you for us to proceed immediately.Please expedite action is needed.

Yours sincerely
Mrs Suha Arafat
----------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail has been sent via JARING webmail at http://www.jaring.my

Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:34 AM
Old 07-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:34 PM
Oh I know all these so well. I never thought that you can get so much crap into your mailbox in just a couple of hours. I have an e-mail-adress where I am mostly getting newsletters, mainly from U2 sites, and whenever I look into my mail in the morning I am getting my hopes up for some cool news, just to find out that almost all of it is pure trash. I report so much to the spam guard, but it just seems to get more and more every day.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Has anyone else received the one about the guy from Monkey World? I hate these stupid annoying things but I couldn't help but laugh at that one.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:34 AM
this isn't a lottery winner email but I certainly cracked up when I got this email today.

Message-Id: <20070706175216.E42E435B1@http005.easynetonline.easynet.fr>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 19:52:16 +0200 (CEST)

A CALL FROM GOD TO HELP THE NEEDY

BISHOP. JOHN CAPRICE

(I ANTICIPATE YOUR REPLY)

Church Of Christ In Nigeria

St Johns Lane,

Isolo,Lagos

234-01 Nigeria

DEAR BELOVED IN CHRIST,

WE ARE VERY SORRY IF THIS LETTER COMES TO YOU AS AN EMBARASSMENT BUT BE REST ASSURED THAT YOUR PARTICULARS OF CONTACT WAS GIVEN TO US VIA THE WORLD CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF BELIEVERS WHO HAVE SERVE THE LORD GOD DILIGENTLY, FOR RELIABLE AND CAPABLE FOREIGNER THAT WILL BE TRUSTWORTHY IN USING GOD'S FUND TO DO BUSINESS AND AT THE SAME TIME EARN A GOOD HOME IN HEAVEN FOR HIS/HERSELF AFTER LIFE.

I'M REV. JOHN CAPRICE THE FOUNDER AND GENERAL OVERSEER OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST MISSION INT'L IN NIGERIA. WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE THE CALLING FROM THE LORD TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED AND IN FINANCIAL PROBLEM,BY GIVING OUT LOAN TO ANY INDIVIDUAL, COMPANIES AND SOCIETY THAT NEEDS MONEY TO DO BUSINESS AND TO MAKE USE OF IT IN A GODLY WAY.

THE AMOUNT OF THE LOAN HAS BEEN SIGNED AND APPROVED BY THE CHURCH COMMITTEE THE SUM OF £100,000.00, IN WHICH ANY INDIVIDUAL,FAMILY,COMPANY AND SOCIETY HAVE THE PRIVILEGE TO LOAN A WHOOPING SUM OF $10,000 TO $40,000.YOU ARE TO RETURN THE LOAN WHICH IS GRANTED TO YOU IN 4 YEARS AGREEMENT.

LASTLY, WE WILL ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE KIND OF BUSINESS YOU WANT TO INVEST IN SO AS TO ALSO SERVE AS A GUARDIAN TO YOU AND TO BE REST ASSURED THAT YOU WILL BE USING THE SAID FUND FOR WHAT THE LORD GOD (ALMIGHTY) INSTRUCT US TO USE IT FOR.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED KINDLY CONTACT BISHOP JOSH WITH THE INFORMATION BELOW.BUT IF NOT WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR CONTACTING YOU.

NAME: BISHOP CAPRICE

Email:bishopcaprice@yahoo.com

Tel No: 08035600444

STAY BLESSED.

REV. JOHN CAPRICE.

kelly.. you want to mess with this guy? I am seriously thinking about it..
Old 07-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Do it Amy, DO IT!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 03:46 AM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by last unicorn
Oh I know all these so well. I never thought that you can get so much crap into your mailbox in just a couple of hours. I have an e-mail-adress where I am mostly getting newsletters, mainly from U2 sites, and whenever I look into my mail in the morning I am getting my hopes up for some cool news, just to find out that almost all of it is pure trash. I report so much to the spam guard, but it just seems to get more and more every day.
Yes, I do that as well. One of my yahoo addresses for work hardly gets spam, but my other one gets hundreds a day! I can't understand why, in this case Yahoo, doesn't filter or automatically question emails with subjects that contain certain words, as LOTTERY, business offer, award notification, cash aid, winning notification,...
Old 07-07-2007, 03:57 AM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

George Carlin should use spammers like these people the next time he updates his 'People Who Ought To Be Killed' routine
Old 07-07-2007, 01:04 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
George Carlin should use spammers like these people the next time he updates his 'People Who Ought To Be Killed' routine
Old 07-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:34 AM
I'm always getting ripped off by some joker with that subject line in it.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:34 PM
im getting messages from the future:

Subject: You've received a postcard from a School-mate!
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:42:02 +0000

Hi. School-mate has sent you a postcard.
See your card as often as you wish during the next 15 days.

SEEING YOUR CARD

If your email software creates links to Web pages, click on your
card's direct www address below while you are connected to the
Internet:

*url*

Or copy and paste it into your browser's "Location" box (where Internet

addresses go).

We hope you enjoy your awesome card.

Wishing you the best,
Webmaster,
postcard.com