Confessions On A Dancefloor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
It was leaked a week or so ago, and seems to be in pretty wide circulation now. So, to those of you who have heard it - any initial thoughts or tracks which you thought stoodout?

It's growing on me slowly. Initially, it just sounded like one big song - no real differentiation in style whatsoever. Now, i'm starting to merit the individual tracks a little more. However, the only song which has stayed fresh in my mind is 'Isaac' - definitely my favourite song on there by a long stretch.

I've got the album, I downloaded it. I've got all her albums, so I can compare it to all the career.
I'm must say that as a fan, I feel something like "DECEPCIONS on the dancefloor".
At the first listen I just hated the album, and only really liked 3 or 4 songs. Now, after hearing it 4 times, I like it a it more, but I'm still thinking that it's one of her worse albums. Those who say that is as good as Like a Prayer / Ray Of Light must be in drugs...
All the songs are similar to each other (all with the same tempo, same synths, same estructure...) and lyrically is much weaker than Ray Of Light or American Life. However, for those who like to hear an album times and times over the beggining to the end, it's nice to hear and to enjoy... It really gives you the sensation of a DJ's discotheque 'setlist'.
Highlights of the album: Hung Up, Isaac, Jump, Let it will be.
It has already known that the second single is 'Sorry' and the third single will be 'Jump'.

I haven't listened to it a lot yet, but I really liked it upon first listen. I love that it's a big dance record.

I've got the album, I downloaded it. I've got all her albums, so I can compare it to all the career.
I'm must say that as a fan, I feel something like "DECEPCIONS on the dancefloor".
At the first listen I just hated the album, and only really liked 3 or 4 songs. Now, after hearing it 4 times, I like it a it more, but I'm still thinking that it's one of her worse albums. Those who say that is as good as Like a Prayer / Ray Of Light must be in drugs...
All the songs are similar to each other (all with the same tempo, same synths, same estructure...) and lyrically is much weaker than Ray Of Light or American Life. However, for those who like to hear an album times and times over the beggining to the end, it's nice to hear and to enjoy... It really gives you the sensation of a DJ's discotheque 'setlist'.
Highlights of the album: Hung Up, Isaac, Jump, Let it will be.
It has already known that the second single is 'Sorry' and the third single will be 'Jump'.

Yeah, it's me again with the Madonna thing, but... can someone give me a shot in the head for what I posted before in this thread? I really deserve to be spanked...!
Ok, on the next day I started to listen the new Madonna stuff over and over, and... now, in this moment, I have to admit that now I'm really enjoying the album...
The songs do not seem so identical to each other than when I first listened to it, and I payed attention to the lyrics and it's not that bad. The only track that I skip is 'forbidden love (II)', and i'm enjoying the feeling that the album puts like we are in a disco and the album is the 'setlist' of a DJ.
'Isaac' is easily becoming my favourite track, I hope it turns a single.
Once again, sorry for being contadictory, but I have to tell you about my thoughts now.

C ya :reject: :angel:

Hi, I'm new here. :wave:

Totally digging M's latest...still think the lyrics are for the dogs - whenever she gets high and mighty with fame/fortune, I cringe - she's benefited so much in her life, it's very difficult to hear her whine about her life. To me, Madge is on the road to wisdom but is still very consumed by her narcissism that she has yet to reconcile her spirituality with the material (although, he continuously claims to prefer the former to the later, I don't buy it).

But, the MUSIC is spectacular and several songs are standouts: Hung Up (natch), Get Together, Jump and my fav, Forbidden Love, which is the least danceable song on the album but the most real and purely Madonna to me...

Looking forward to her next tour!

I've heard Hung Up on the radio, and I really do not like it.

The beat is alright, but I'd much rather listen to the ABBA song with that beat, and I don't even like ABBA

corianderstem said:
:tsk:

LemonMacPhisto, you're off my list. Don't like Hung Up AND you don't like ABBA?

:tsk:

What exactly is this "List"?

you're not one of The Others are you?

I like Dancing Queen, but not ABBA

and the only Madonna song I like is Ray of Light

Back
Top Bottom