Confession...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
these Bruce and Bon Jovi threads are making me go :scream:
i sorry
i mean no harm
i jus jus feel cwazy if me see one more boss
i think its the name
it all went down hill from there

please dont hurt me popangel :uhoh: :uhoh:

*runs*

and so i ask you this...
as i must be missing the point
what is it that floats your brucey boat?
someone please enlighten this nonbossfloss... :crack:

Springsteen is just a great rock musician, and he actually does have a bit more depth to his music than non yanks might give him credit for.

And no I don't think he's hot. :sexywink:

what's wrong with joisey?

No harm, manda. (*puts big stick away ;) )

I guess the same could be said about Coldplay. I like them, but I see a new thread (or two, or three) about them like every day here, too. lol

Bruce is not only *coughasmonawouldsayHOMINAHOMINAcough*, he's a real rock legend up there with the likes of Bono and Dylan, writing good songs about the American experience and human condition, and he brings so much passion to what he does, it's unbelievable. Bruce kicks ass.

I can kinda understand the Bruce thing....I've always liked his music...however, I'm not a hardcore fan. I think like Pop Angel said, Bruce is a legend....music that he made 25 years ago is still as amazing now as it was then.

But I don't understand the Bon Jovi thing...all his stuff sounds the same to me now. Even today I still think of acid washed jeans, headbands, an endless array of sassy tassles, and hair hair hair, whenever I hear them. However, I loved them when I was 12....I guess I just grew out of their music.

*cough Coldplay cough*

Oi oi Bangers~

Yeah people..... quick note while someone has the guts: Others of you have prob noticed that you can find like 3 or 4 threads about the same artist at a time.

If you have the pressing need or a sudden urge to proclaim your love for one of these artists or bands or whatever who already has a few threads.....see if you can squeeze your praise in there. It makes it easier to read about Bruuuuce if all the BRUCE IS HOT posts are contained somewhere, all the BON JOVI NEW ALBUM posts are somewhere else and.....

well. Use yer best judgment with Coldplay. I'm certain that everyone loves them and their new album. I'm not saying don't say what you feel, but try to see what youse guys can do aboot dis.

Tanks :tongue:

P.S. Thanks Cowgirl for giving me an excuse to post this. Mwaha

*A nonbossfloss here....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I guess the same could be said about Coldplay. I like them, but I see a new thread (or two, or three) about them like every day here, too. lol

Touche!

...am I included in this?

MonaVox said:
well. Use yer best judgment with Coldplay. I'm certain that everyone loves them and their new album. I'm not saying don't say what you feel, but try to see what youse guys can do aboot dis.

Someone can merge my thread with mocool12's if need be. I don't mind.

Last edited:
Bangers:

now don't anyone cry over this.... some threads have already been merged due to very similar subject matter. That just keeps things from gettin too messy.

Also I believe some renovations have been happening in EYKIW. Like subforums. Things on the U2 song / album front were quiet for so long without any real confirmations of anything until ES.... and now, yeah people are goin crazy over it.

If someone wants to discuss...say "Atlantic City" or something here :)shifty:) then by all means. Let's just not start more threads for like the video or somethin. That's all. Keepin things neat.

Again, thanks to Cowgirl fer bringin this up. It's been on my mind. On behalf of the Post Mod Squad, I thank thee :tongue:

Any questions about merges or new threads....PM me or one of the mods...or I could just beatchoo up if yer bad. o_O :cool:

Last edited:
As one of the older people here, I can understand why some of you might not get Springsteen. But I can't tell you what his music meant to me in high school. There was just nothing else like it. Simply put, for me before there was U2, there was Springsteen. Similar passion and integrity and concerts that knock your socks off.

Here is a list of the most popular records released in 1975. Can you see how the boss was an oasis in the desert of rock & roll??
It wasn't disco and it wasn't wimpy So. Cal. rock. I mean, I was into the Eagles at the time, but Bruce entered the scene with such force and power and breathed so much new life into R&R, in my opinion, combining the poetic lyrical richness of Bob Dylan with hard-driving rock & roll and sensitivity AND depth, that everything else paled in comparison. It was one of those life-changing kinds of records, up there with Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby in terms of what it meant to me at the time.

That's The Way (I Like It) - KC & the Sunshine Band
The Hustle - Van McCoy
You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt
You're The First, The Last, My Everything - Barry White
Lyin' Eyes - Eagles
Who Loves You - Four Seasons
Bad Time - Grand Funk
Why Can't We Be Friends - War
Bungle In The Jungle - Jethro Tull
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen

AND, he's still cool at 52 and has just put out arguably his best record in a decade. We can only hope U2 puts out a record as great at "The Rising" when they're in their 50's.

Last edited:
I'm a bossless person too!:uhoh: I see too many Bruce threads too :crack: and coldplay (but I like coldplay)! :D

Bruce....I can't get into his music.:| I just don't feel it.

:) But I think it's cool that peeps here dig Bruce and enjoy all the Bruce threads. No harm done! :) :laugh:

Last edited:
:crack: Gee sorry. :crack: nothing wrong with saying you don't like an artist. It's not like I was bashing him. :shrug: BLAH! *exists all Bruce threads*

Last edited:
SweetOnU2 said:
:crack: Gee sorry. :crack: nothing wrong with saying you don't like an artist. It's not like I was bashing him. :shrug: BLAH! *exists all Bruce threads*

I was going to go back and edit my original post. I was going to say that was cool of you to be like, "hey, it's cool people dig him and other artists". :)

I didn't say no one had to like everyone, just that it went from one thing to another, IMO.

Why do I like Bruce Springsteen? I think it's his image. He's not terribly attractive, so I can identify with him physically.

He's isn't an arrogant, rich ( or should I say, he doesn't let money influence his decisions) celebrity, so I can identify with his economic stance. He is about the music and feeling that it can impose on all who listen to it.

He's motivational. He lifts you up with songs about real problems that, as he illustrates, turn out to be small hurdles in the big picture.

Like U2 he can perform a song and get your ass out of the seat.

Not just your ass, but your soul as well.

BRUCE IS WHAT MUSIC IS SUPPOSED TO BE. He writes the songs, he sings the songs, he IS the songs.

weeeerrrd to danospano on that.

bruce threads are alright.

shitty threads regarding bon jovi should be closed upon creation.

u2 fans shouldnt have as bad of taste as they do here at interference.

Re: brunettes are fine, yeah

Bruce S. said:

Hey Baby!

Wanna go dancin' in the dark with me? :lol:

Boss, yer such a player.

Gypsies get all the ladies, though. :shifty:

P.S. I can't get an avatar to work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom