Condom, Gers, France Superthread - Take 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hate it when people over-theorise an academic discipline into the ground. :crack:

Axver quick, need your help to shut up a troll.

When was U2's first ever recorded concert footage? I was thinking along the lines of early days on irish tv perhaps... :hmm: somwhere '79?

Axver quick, need your help to shut up a troll.

When was U2's first ever recorded concert footage? I was thinking along the lines of early days on irish tv perhaps... :hmm: somwhere '79?

June 1978, Street Mission on Youngline. Though that was a specific TV appearance as opposed to a concert proper.

well how did it? I missed the beginning so what happened? Something about three threads or so? :scratch:

Basically, when Liam started this thread, he forgot to put "Superthread" in the subject line. Instead of editing his post, he started a new thread. The first thread gained 28 posts total, the second 200. Then when a mod tried to merge them, apparently database hell broke loose and somehow the two parts are gone and now we have this third attempt.

Hopefully the post count stats, if nothing else, can be rescued ...

yea, I figure he might bitch because of that... :hmm: ah well, fuck that it's a troll anyway!

There are a good number of TV appearances 1978-80. The concert in Cork on 5 October 1979 was supposedly filmed and broadcast, but if it was, footage no longer exists. The first proper concert for which we have footage is, I believe, 23 Januiary 1981, Belfast. There is also footage of at least 11 O'clock Tick Tock from U2's appearance at a festival on 27 July 1980.

:lol: nice job there Liam!

:tsk: He fails.

nah, why would you need the stats theN?

Because we're stats whores who keep track of exactly how many posts everyone has made, and how many posts total we have!

It would seem that the posts are gone, though, since I'm pretty sure my post count has gone down.

There are a good number of TV appearances 1978-80. The concert in Cork on 5 October 1979 was supposedly filmed and broadcast, but if it was, footage no longer exists. The first proper concert for which we have footage is, I believe, 23 Januiary 1981, Belfast. There is also footage of at least 11 O'clock Tick Tock from U2's appearance at a festival on 27 July 1980.

thanks, that's just what I need :)

Trying to write a reflective essay and post is kind of hard. :lol:

Eh, it's 2am, why am I still working? Oh, that's right, because I kept procrastinating earlier.

Oh fuuun. Have a good one. I'm about to collapse into bed myself. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom