Concerts you've walked out of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueeyedgirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Watching a video show last night reminded me of a gig I had quite successfully repressed the memory of ever seeing: Swervedriver. They were :yawn:

Who have you walked out of?

I've never walked out, but I have fallen asleep during a few local bands' shows. :shrug:

I don't know that I ever even knew their names.

I almost, ALMOST, walked out of The Mars Volta earlier this year. The sound was atrocious, they had no energy on stage, and they cut their set 30 minutes short of what was planned for no apparent reason and just walked off the stage. Thank God they did...

You should've asked them come back so you could walk out on them.

i saw this video on yahoo once about the used..how the lead singer pushes himself too mcuh sometimes which resulted in his puking in stage in the middle of the concert. and that happened more than once, becuase later, people started asking him "i'm so excited for tonight's show! are you going to puke again?" which made him realize that they all think it's a stunt or osmething cuz he does it a lot. isn't that sad? i only really like one The Used song, and that's "blue and yellow"

i saw someone open for someone else once, i cannot remember the name of the band at all, but god both bands sucked. my friend and i just got up and walked out and waited for the opening act. then much to our dismay, the main act sucked as well. there was another concert i wanted to walk out of but i couldn't because i was stuck in a mosh pit. :down:

both times i wanted to leave, but i was with a bunch of people and was like 15 so i obviously couldn't just hop in my car and go. :down: :down: :down:

these acts were all so horrible i've blocked their names from my mind, all i can remember is that shitty opening act was a terrible spice girls knock-off.

a few weeks ago I went to see see Howard Jones, The Fixx and The Psychedelic Furs at the OC Fair. HoJo and The fixx were GREAT.

I made it through about 2 songs of the Furs and had to leave. They were HORRIBLE. I was embarrased for the singer, he sounded so bad ( richard butler?).

Luckily, the tickets were 20 dollars and at least we enjoyed the other two bands, and the fair itself (always entertaining with its surplus of LEMONNN shakeups, corndawgs, mullets, funnel cakes, scary carnival employees and jacuzzi's.)

Jason Donovan. :|

He was the opening act on a multi act show thingie. We didnt walk out or we would have missed the next acts. We just lay down on the grass at talked.

And it wasnt just my gang from Uni ignoring Jase. Most of the place was lieing down on the grass waiting for him to hurry up and be over. :lol:

oktobergirl said:
a few weeks ago I went to see see Howard Jones, The Fixx and The Psychedelic Furs at the OC Fair. HoJo and The fixx were GREAT.

I made it through about 2 songs of the Furs and had to leave. They were HORRIBLE. I was embarrased for the singer, he sounded so bad ( richard butler?).

Luckily, the tickets were 20 dollars and at least we enjoyed the other two bands, and the fair itself (always entertaining with its surplus of LEMONNN shakeups, corndawgs, mullets, funnel cakes, scary carnival employees and jacuzzi's.)

That sounds like a fantastic lineup. Shame the Furs were crap. I wish Id seen them in their heyday.

oktobergirl said:
p.s. I WANTED to walk out of Kings of (P)Leon before U2. But that doesn't count, does it?

Same here. Oh my goodness, not only were they boring, but their singer's voice was completely irritating. Definitely wanted to walk out on them.

Thornley...they had a minor hit last year with "So far, So good."

The volume was kicked up too high, and they were 10 years too late for that train heading to Seattle.

Walked out of a Hall & Oates concert, the blonde one looked like he was high or something and the sound was horrible

I'd never walk out of a concert. If a concert truly was horrible, I'd either be hoping that it would get better or be too mesmerized by the trainwreck of it all that I'd just have to keep watching. :lol:

anyone who was bored with kOl should see them at a show they headline...they are so much better in a club setting...their music at this point is just not made for arenas.

and why would anyone walk out on switchfoot?

I saw modest mouse open for Cake a few years ago... and God were they PAINFUL to see live. They sounded like they were dying a slow death on stage. There were like 6 opening bands (great performances by Flaming Lips, and Kinky(?))... Cake rocked. :D

barlowdog said:
I've walked out of a few: REM, Pearl Jam, Thursday, Live, Dashboard Confessional

Why R.E.M. and PJ? Aren't they brilliant all the time? Or at least worth the price of admission? :scratch:

See, I love them both greatly:heart:

I walked out on a Beck show here in Athens. The show was in the convention center, downtown, which is a huge concrete cinderblock room. The sound was so horrible you couldn't tell what song he was playing and we couldn't see the stage at all. We stayed for the opening act (The Cardigans) and about 30 minutes of Beck and then we left and went to a bar.

That was the first show I was ever frisked at. :huh:

Bruce Cockburn was playing at a festival in town once and my Dad and I went to see him. We are both fans, but when we got there all he did was rant and every second word was fuck this and fuck that. Then he only played newer stuff. That was enough. I really do enjoy Bruce Cockburn and his music, but as this was an all ages show I thought that there is a time and a place to do your rants ie: in a concert hall, or on the internet or something. (The show itself was outside)

Last edited:
Never walked out on a show, but I've walked out on three Dashboard Confessional performances. I'll walk out, bellowing obscenities all the while, on two more in a few weeks. I also bailed on Cornershop's set once, a long time ago.

Never walked out of a concert but I only go to one or two a year so I can't really afford to miss out on the few I attend.

angelordevil said:

Why R.E.M. and PJ? Aren't they brilliant all the time? Or at least worth the price of admission? :scratch:

See, I love them both greatly:heart:

Had free tix to both so I didn't feel like I was obligated to stay because of $$.

And honestly, I had seen REM a few times earlier in their career in smaller venues and they were great, but this was a stadium show on the Monster tour and it just didn't cut it for me. The real reason I went, besides the free tix, was that Radiohead was opening.

Pearl Jam was good, though.

Back
Top Bottom