Concerts you've walked out of - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #31
War Child

Local Time: 04:02 AM
Oasis - their first Aussie tour. They played in Brisbane, and unfortunantly that was the night Liam was arrested for punching a fan outside his hotel. So basically at the gig later that day Liam sung a whole 4 songs with his back to the audience, then walked off. Noel struggled on for about 40 minutes then the lights came up and that was it. About 55 minutes of Oasis. I can understand Liam being pissed off, but A) he shouldnt have hit the fan and B) he should have just fucking cancelled the show. Either turn up and perform or fuck off. Man, I am still angry about that.

I took my little sister to see Delta Goodrem recently and only made it through about 6 songs before hitting the bar.

Also Metallica a couple of years back when they were in Australia for the Big Day Out - they insisted on paying so much of 'St Amnger' there was an exodus mid set.

Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:02 AM
i basically did walk out during the kings of leon's set. i stood in line to get water while they were playing. i missed the first half of their set because we got to the show a little late, and standing in line kept me away for all but the last song. terrible band.

normally if whiny pop-punk bands are opening for a headliner i'm going to see, i'll stand as far to the back of the room as possible, but i won't actually leave. or i'll stay up near the front and heckle them between songs (hey, i'm an asshole). i've only actually walked out once, during one particularly bad pop-punk band's set at a toasters show. it wasn't necessarily that the band was so bad, it was just that i had sat through about 4 other bands that sounded exactly the same and i thought that if i didn't go outside for a bit, i might jump on stage and strangle their singer.

does walking away from bands' sets at festival-type things count?

Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #33
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:02 PM
Painful opening acts. There was this band, Horsehead (or Horses Arse as we renamed them) who opened for U2 or Metallica at some big stadium show here. They were fucking horrendous. I met this guy who reckons this band is his favourite Australian band ever and bemoans the fact they are no more. How can people have such a differing view of a band?

One I wanted to walk out on was Bryan Adams at some mixed bill thing as well. I see a pattern with beli here, lol. Actualy beli, this was one show where I got to witness him, Sting and the Other Guy (minus the Other Guy who wasn't actually there) do the 'All For One' torture routine. Fuck me sideways, it hurt.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:18 AM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Loads of shows. I used to work at a big club where there were bands playing every day in one of the three halls it consisted of and lots of them were crap.

Also, if you see that many shows, a band has to be really special to keep you entertained.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

I fell asleep during one of KOL's sets when they opened up for u2 in May...

I've never walked out of any concerts I've gone to though. I wish I did for Creed when I saw them 2 years ago.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:46 AM   #36
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Yanni! - It was a free ticket to begin with.
Grateful Dead - I didn’t get it.
REM - Walked 'away' during their set because The Sex Pistols were down the block (San Diego Street Scene)
Old 08-29-2005, 12:00 PM   #37
The Fly

We've walked out of a 'Her Space Holiday' show. The guy started rapping. What the hell. He was horrible... Indie boys. arghh.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:02 PM
I wanted to walk ANYWHERE from Starsailor opening for U2 in Cardiff. Bloody AWFUL. Bad sound made the singer ten times worse...
Old 08-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

I fell asleep at a Fiona Apple show....
Old 08-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #40
Refugee

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Eliv8
REM - Walked 'away' during their set because The Sex Pistols were down the block (San Diego Street Scene)
R.E.M. at Street Scene in 2003 was the best show I've ever been to in my life.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:53 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Kings of leon are a fucking fantastic band, i would have killed to see them open for U2, although i have seen them 3 times this year already.

seen a few small indie bands that i've walked out on because they just bored me but they we're mainly support acts before the main attraction.

Saw a band called Nine Black Alps at the Reading Festival this weekend, i would have loved to walk out on them but my mates wanted to stay and watch them. When the set finally finished we all agreed that they were a dreadful band.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #42
Refugee

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by NumbMacphisto

R.E.M. at Street Scene in 2003 was the best show I've ever been to in my life.
Yes they were very good and I dont think I missed too much.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:17 PM   #43
War Child

Local Time: 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
I fell asleep at a Fiona Apple show....

i know people who would lynch you for that

i had this conversation just yesterday...
walked out of a Ted Nugent show. it was easily the loudest show i've ever seen. could swear my ears were going to start bleeding.

they rang for four days after the show

wango tango my
Old 08-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #44
War Child

Local Time: 08:02 PM
i've walked out on a few shows but trust me there have been many more shows that i wished i walked out on.

staind - slept through most of their set.

taking back sunday - they played at a concert festival...i used their playing time for a bathroom break.

modest mouse - i wish i walked out on them. i saw them twice...the first time i thought they were great...the second time i was bored...maybe it was me, not them...

alicia keys - i think some of her songs are lovely but i really wish i saved my $40 and not have seen her (was kinda forced to go). she's a great performer but i just wasn't into it. i almost fell asleep (but i didn't walk out).
Old 08-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

I've walked out of:
Venus Hum
Dave Matthews Band
Creed
Carmen (christian singer)
Phish
Athlete - but as hippy (from interference forum) can attest, i was having a breakdown of sorts!!!
Black Eyed Peas
Smash Mouth