Concerts that You've Attended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lise

Acrobat
In the stillness of the evening, when the sun has
I was wondering what concerts have you all attended in your entire life.
Who was the artist, opening act(s)?
Where did you attend the concert? (city, state, name of arena, etc.)
Type of concert (rock, pop, latin, etc.)
And anything else you want to include.

(edit) I've just realized that there are some if not all of you who attended lots of concerts. So if that's your case which one is your most memorable or which was your 1st concert. Or if you want just make a list of artists you've seen in concert.

I'll start.
Artist: Marc Anthony
When;Where: Feb 1999 at MSG in NYC.
(latin concert- 1st concert I ever attended)

Tito Puento and Celia Cruz.
John Harms Center(?) in Englewood, NJ
Don't remember the year but a couple of months later Tito Puente died.

Frankie Negron (Spanish Artist) and other various artists at South Street Seaport in NYC.

U2 Elevation Tour Concert- 10/25/01
At MSG In NYC
No Doubt was the opening act.

By far this is THE BEST concert I have ever attended. It's the most memorable one because only a month had passed since 9/11. It was very emotional and personally uplifting. Also, cause it was my 1st U2 concert and it hopefully won't be my last.
smile.gif

As you may notice I haven't been to many concerts. It's all because my parents wouldn't let me since I was young and cause of course the most important thing- you need money. I'm a college student and that really doesn't leave much money, frankly mostly nothing for me to spend on entertainment.

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 04-20-2002).]

too many to mention, I dont even think I remember them all LOL

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Shitloads. My best year was sometime in late high school/early college: 26. That was a calendar year, so I averaged one every two weeks. Yes, it was a lot of fun.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Hmmm, this might take some thought. Great idea but the way
biggrin.gif

My very first concert was at the LA Coliseum in July of 1979...it was an all day festival with Journey, Cheap Trick, Black Sabbath and many, many others but it was so damn hot I fried my brain like an egg and don't remember much more

I have also seen:

The Allman Brothers Band and the Blues Brothers at the Greek Theater in 1980 or so

Chicago and Bella Fleck & the Flecktones at the Universal Amphitheater

Madonna at the LA Sports Arena in 1990

Garth Brooks
Trisha Yearwood
Reba McEntyre
George Strait
Alan Jackson
Brooks & Dunne
Clint Black

(yeah, we went through a country period in the early 90's)

Jose Hernandez & Mariachi Sol de Mexico

Mariachi USA at the Hollywood Bowl

Dwight Yoakum at the LA Green in Long Beach

Dwight Yoakum at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano

David Cassidy with special guest Danny Bonaduce at the Sun Theater in Anaheim

U2 with PJ Harvey in Anaheim

U2 with No Doubt in LA

U2 with No Doubt in Vegas

I didn't make any of that up, even David Cassidy...we will go to just about any concert just for fun even if we don't know of or even really like the band/artist

Also because my stepson is in a band, we have also seen many, many local bands and currently popular bands before they hit it big...a few we've seen "back in the day" are:

No Doubt
The Offspring
Lit
Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 04-20-2002).]

Sorry about that. I should have realized that there are some if not all of who attended lots of concerts. So if that's your case which one is your most memorable or which was your 1st concert.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Hmmm, this might take some thought. Great idea but the way
biggrin.gif

Thanks.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lise (edited 04-20-2002).]

My parents have taken me to a handful of concerts:

~New Kids on the Block (I was 9 years old and don't remember much about the venue or anything...don't tease me!!!!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
)

~Tim McGraw: I didn't really want to go because I'm not a big country fan, but the show was all right. The opening act was Kenny Chesney and also another guy (we arrived too late and missed that guy...I can't remember his name). DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan.

~Janet Jackson (The Velvet Rope Tour): The opening act was Usher. Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

~U2 (Popmart Tour): The opening act was The Fun Lovin' Criminals. Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wisconsin.

~U2 (Elevation Tour): The opening act was PJ Harvey. Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Michigan.

~The Rolling Stones (Bridges to Babylon Tour): The opening act was Blues Traveller. Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, Wisconsin.

~The Rolling Stones (No Security Tour): The opening act was Wide Mouth Mason, a Canadian band I have since never heard of. Has anybody else heard them? They were excellent!!!! Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

Most memeorable shows:

The Who, 11-15-96 - Nassau Coliseum, Long Island, New York. Floor seats about 20 feet from the stage. Probably the best show I ever saw.

U2 , 06-01-97 - Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey. 1st U2 show!!

U2, 06-22-01 - Continental Arena, East Rutherford New Jersey. 5 feet from the heart!!!!

U2 - 10-24-01 - Madison Square Garden, New York. 1st U2 Show in NY after 9-11. Very Emotional Experience.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

TC Matic in 1981 was my first concert and i will always remmember it because the lead singer was french kissing with the guitar player .

Other great concerts :

Big Country - may 31 2000 in Glasgow ( it was the final concert )
U2 - july 27 berlin ( in the heart, open air and wet to the bones )
New Model Army - August 2001 ( sold out in a venue with 100 man )
And then we have Kiss, the ramones and the supersuckers . ( all great concerts )

Memorable, you say?

Ramones, Hollywood Palladium, sometime in 1979 or 80. My senior year in high school. We left school early (perfectly legit;we were both 18), and Laura and I went to the Palladium to line up. On the way there, we heard the band was doing an in-store appearance at the Music+ store on Sunset and Vine. We went over there and went through the autograph line. I used a piece of paper I had in my purse, but some others in line used the lps they stole as they snaked through the store. Joey Ramone was the palest individual I have ever seen. His skin was the color of unbaked bread. Later, the concert was incredible! The Palladium is an old ballroom, with a big wooden floor and seats up in the balcony. Laura and I kept slipping on the puke, sweat, and spilled beer on the floor. Once she almost went all the way down, which would have been disastrous, because the way everyone was dancing, they would have trampled her. Luckily I caught her just in time. It was one of the greatest concerts I have been to.
Maybe I'll come back. I've seen some great shows.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

It all started with

*Metallica w/Suicidal Tendencies in '94

*Santana
*Janet Jackson
*Aerosmith

Caifanes
Jaguares (bout 10 times ranging from '95 to last Feb
biggrin.gif
)
w/Maria Fatal, Puya, Pastilla and countless of other bands.

Smashing Pumpkins w/Garbage
Garbage (again during 2.0)
Pearl Jam
Rage Against the Machine
U2 w/Rage Against the Machine
U2 w/PJ Harvey
U2 w/No Doubt

*I used to work at a Blockbuster Pavillion outdoor concert venue during the summer of 94. So needless to say I've seen alot of big bands for free and *sigh* alot of country bands too. Damn you steely dan, why did you have to make that night so long
frown.gif

Started concert going in 1999

2 STEPS concerts in Belfast

Westlife-Belfast

Coldplay-Belfast

Lowgold (twice)-Belfast

Travis
-The Doves

Stereophonics
-Feeder

Slane Castle
-Nelly Furtado
-Dara
-The Walls
-Moby
-Ash
U2 U2 U2 U2 U2
smile.gif

Concerts im going to:

The Hives, The Revs and MUSE- im on the guestlist woooohooo
wink.gif
on May 5th- Dublin Castle

Oasis- Odyssey Arena Belfast (also free)

[This message has been edited by bono-vox (edited 04-21-2002).]

Originally posted by ABEL:
too many to mention, I dont even think I remember them all LOL

What Abel said! When you go to about one show a month, and you are almost out of your 20's, you have "been around the block."

First and last maybe:

first - U2 Joshua Tree Tour - 1987
last - Beta Band....last night (GO SEE THEM)

Hmmm.... This could take a lot of time for me too. Let's see...... First would be Bruce Springsteen and the E Stree Band, the best would definetley be the Pittsburgh Elevation show, and the most recent would be They Might Be Giants on Easter in Charleston, SC. (By the way - you should ALL check out TMBG. Other highlights include:

Jimmy Buffett
Metallica (Kid Rock opening)
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
The Vigilantes of Love
the wallflowers
the barednaked ladies (if you EVER get a chance to see the live - GO.)

- andy

I haven't been to a lot of concerts.

-Rolling Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour
1994 at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal
Opening Act: Spin Doctors..I think

-U2 PopMart at the Olympic Stadium
November 1997, Opening act: Third Eye Blind

-U2 Elevation at the Molson Center May 27th and May 28th 2001
Opening Act: Pj Harvey

-U2 Elevation in Albany at the Pepsi Center
June 2001
Opening Act: same as previous

-U2 Elevation in October again at the Molson Center October 12th 2001
Opening act: Garbage

-U2 Elevation, October, Hamilton, Copps Coliseum, October 13th, same opening act as previous

I grew up in rural Australia, luckily the local music scene was/is vibrant. When someone did tour and they came near us and we had the money....
BB King in mid 70's, Lismore City Hall was the first concert I ever attended. It left a huge wondrous impression.
David Bowie 1978
smile.gif

and U2, twice.
Short list but very very tasteful imho.
Thank heavens for the recording industry.

I lived in western Kentucky most of my life, so I didn't go to many concerts (other than Christian bands) until I moved out to DC about a year ago. Now I usually go to a minimum three a month because I'm addicted (not very good for my bank account).

1st concert: They Might Be Giants (Soul Coughing opened); 1995, Louisville Kentucky. I was in 9th grade, so my best friend's mom drove us the 2 1/2 hours to Louisville to see them.
smile.gif

Last concert: Spiritualized (BRMC opened); last night, Washington, DC. Great show, horrible drunk, pushy crowd. Spiritualized played a 2 hour set, though, so I had to move around anyway because my tall shoes hurt.

Best concert: U2, of course. Probably East Rutherford, NJ on October 28th, 2001. It was my second U2 concert and my first time in the heart. Also, it was the first time I saw Stereophonics, another one of my favourite bands.

Best non-U2 concert: Starsailor (Chris Lee opened); March 2nd, 2002, Philadelphia. I <3 Starsailor.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

I put ticket stubs in an old briefcase. I got an early start in the seventies. I was lucky to live close to a market that most bands played, LA/ Hollywood.
333%3C669523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E863%3E%3A%3B%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232396489%3C64nu0mrj

Check out the prices, Elvis Costello at The Whiskey a go go. $5.00.

It was his West Coast debut.
333%3C669523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E863%3E%3A%3B%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232396489%3C63nu0mrj

Originally posted by drummerboy:
(By the way - you should ALL check out TMBG.

This isn't technically a concert but last year I went to see a taping of Late Night with Conan O'Brien and the musical guest was They Might Be Giants. They performed a song don't know the title but it says "Your older than you've ever been a now your even older" the audience was cracking up because of the lyrics and the way the accordian player was singing. It was quite funny although I like their music and the fact they live in Brooklyn like me.
Anyone who plans to visit NYC should definitely go see a taping of Conan's show. He's very funny and before the show he comes out and greets and jokes with the audience. Also the Max Weinberg 7 plays some great music when they cut to commercials.

Ahh, this is always fun:
1st Concert: Rolling Stones, 10-25-89, Shea Stadium in Flushing, NY- Opener- Living Colour
Other bands I've seen:
David Lee Roth(1)
Guns N Roses(2)
Ozzy(1)
Van Halen(3)
Duran Duran(2)
Metallica(1)
Black Sabbath(1)
Marilyn Manson(1)
Korn(1)
Jane's Addiction(1)
Pearl Jam(3)
STP(1)
Red Hot Chili Peppers(1)
Live(1)
Page/Plant(1)
Rusted Root(2)
Depeche Mode(1)
Pink Floyd(1)
Genesis(1)
Oh yeah, U2(7)
Worst Concert: Genesis at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, 6-2-92. I've never seen so many people asleep at a show.
Best Concert: Everyone by U2!LOL! Pink Floyd were awesome! Saw them at Giants Stadium in July of 1994. They did all of Dark Side of the Moon live. Pearl Jam are always awesome!
Worst Venue attended: Tweeter Center in Camdem, NJ. This place was a hole. I saw Ozzfest 2001 there. Randall's Island in NY sucked too.
Best Venue: Madison Square Garden

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!

Most memorable:
Buena Vista Social Club
James Brown
David Bowie?s Outside
Tricky
Popmart
Elevation in the heart
Mutabaruka

Not that great: the first concert I attended, the Stones.

I have seen:

Bob Dylan (South Bend, IN, no opening act) It was a pleasant experience.
U2 (Chicago, Il, PopMart Tour with Fun Lovin' Criminals) U2 kicked ass. FLC was painful.
Metallica (Indianapolis, IN, Poor Re-Touring Me Tour with Days of the New and Jerry Cantrell) Metallica kicked ass. Days of the New was horrible. Jerry Cantrell wasn't much of an improvement.
Nine Inch Nails (Grand Rapids, MI, Fragility Tour with A Perfect Circle) NIN kicked ass. APC was pretty good.
U2 (Cleveland, OH, Elevation Tour with PJ Harvey) U2 kicked ass. PJ Harvey was ok, I guess.
U2 (South Bend, IN, Elevation Tour with Garbage) Best. Concert. Ever. Garbage kicked ass, too.

I've also been to countless performances of the Southwest Michigan Symphony Orchestra, back when my dod was the general manager, and I could get in for free.

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.

[This message has been edited by Not George Lucas (edited 04-22-2002).]

I haven't been to many concerts, so this should be easy:

Gorky's Park (a Russian rock band who apparently had some minor hit in America in the 80s) - 1993
Garbage/Alanis Morisette - 1997
PJ Harvey - 2001
U2
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Garbage - 2002
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - 2002

BC-- how old are you? 21? I can help you! If you saw the New Kids when you were 9, I would have been 13 at the time. So you probably saw them at perhaps the same concerts I did-- November '90 and April '91 at Joe Louis Arena. And I'm not embarassed by that so y'all better stop laughing.

Been to lots of shows including Paul McCartney, Dave Matthews, REM [sang to Michael Stipe one night, I swear], etc. Going to see Garbage tomorrow.

Best show ever though was U2 at MSG 10/27/01. F'in amazing. [and for the news NYCers I see, go to groups.yahoo.com/group/u2nyc and sign up. we're still debating which was the best October MSG show].

Last year was concert year for moi, though not too much U2, unfortunately.
frown.gif

U2 - Baltimore, MD 19 Oct 01 & Miami, FL 2 Dec 01
Tori Amos - Oct. 2001 in DC
Zootopia - Various Artists like Aerosmith, Lifehouse (and yes, walked out when Shaggy came in!), Long Island, NY June 2001
The Corrs - March 2001, New York, NY

Still wanting to watch more!

wow-too many to say! i love going to concerts, and to alot of you on here, I'm originally from LA, Ca so i attended alot of those concerts you did! Esp. BAW! Me, see. first concert, Elton john, at Dodger Stadium, june, 1975! Last concert, *U2* at in Tampa, fl, dec.1, 01. Most Memorable; definetly, live-Aid, Wembly Arena, London, July 13, 1985! The BEST!!

forbonou2,

Diamond's first concert, also. I think.

333%3B787523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E863%3E%3A%3B%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D32323942%3A745%3Bnu0mrj

The event is an Elton John concert at Dodger Stadium in 75?

Dimond is 14, he actually was a scrawny kid and did not grow until his late teens. I guess I?m 21 big smile, big hair. Teresa is a sweetheart, no relation. Bert is 16, and well over 6 foot.

Okay here's my little list:

Popmart LA
Sade last year
Depeche Mode at the Anaheim Pond last year
U2-3x in Anaheim, 3x in Los Angeles, 1x in Slane and the Vegas Show. Last year was by all means the BEST year for going to concerts!! I missed out going to see No Doubt here in Long Beach, oh well, hope to catch them later!!!

This was posted awhile back, here it is again;

Blondie
Icehouse
The Alarm
Buzzcocks
Pyscedelic Furs
Social Distortion
Flock of Seagulls
UB40
Aeroshit
Camper Van Beetoven
Yes
Joan Baez
Jethro Tull
Elton John
Tommy Tutone-"Jenny-Jenny"
Al Stewart
Greg Khin Band
Pink Floyd
Don Henley
Blow Monkeys
Jesus and the Mary Chain
Boston
Lenny Kravitz
Black Crowes
Hooters
Robert Palmer
Robert Plant
The Rollins Band
The Cars
Journey
Corey Heart
Ted Nugent
Foreigner
Bob Welch
Fleetwood Mac
Bad Company
Collective Soul
The Eagles
Jewel
Melissa Ehtridge
Sarah McLauhglin
X
Dramarama
The Damned
Elvis Costello
The Clash
Tom Petty
Red Hot Chili Peps
Howard Jones
Eddie Money
David Lanz
Neil Young
Tori Amos
Mission UK
The Cult
The Cure
Gene Loves Jezebel
The Tubes
The Motels
The Who
Led Zepplin
Thin Lizzy
Springsteen
Roy Obrison
Eddie Money
Dwight Yokim
Sammy Hagar
Van Halen
Cheap Trick
Rod Stewart
Alanis Morrsette
Garbage
No Doubt
PJ Harvey
Sterophonics
The Pretenders
Alan Parsons Project
The Fixx
Iggy Pop
Lone Justice
Styx
Kiss
Rolling Stones
Loverboy
The Outfield
Del Amitri
Peter Murphy
Janes Addiction
Genesis
Kansas
Aha
Peter Gabriel
Supertramp
Sting-(Stunk) sorry
The Cramps
The Call
Bob Dylan
The Grateful Dead
Jimmy Buffet
David Bowie
The Smithereens

Of course U2

...thats all I can remember for now

Diamond

Think I should try and catch Radiohead.

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Neil Young

Janes Addiction

Diamond- I always knew that you were a groover...buuut this just confirms it for me- I am soooooooo envious of you having seen these two artists, two artists who I admire just as much as U2, I would love to know which shows you went to and what you thought of them
smile.gif

here is my list of concerts I have been to- some are bad, some are good
smile.gif

Alanis Morisette
John Farnham
NKOTB (I got free tickets, so I went!)
Roxette
Red Hot Chilli Pepers
Smashing Pumpkins x 3
Bjork x 2
Prodigy
Soundgarden