concert seating advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Can I ask advice from someone who has been to a concert?
I can't decide between tickets in section 222 Row M and section 106 row 17
here is the Honda center (arrowhead pond) seating chart:
7_ArrowheadPondofAnaheim_EndStage2_tn.jpg

i know that i will be closer if i sit in 222, b/c row 17 in sec 106 is almost the end of the floor section, but is there anything special about sitting on the floor section? i know i will be behind a lot of people, but i know the stage is raised, so is it still ok? this is for JOSH GROBAN, so i don't think people will be standing up and blocking my view, but i just don't know. it's not standing room, so there are seats on the floor. another fear i have is that the seating chart is misleadingly spacey and not to scale, portraying the floor space to be bigger and more spaced out than it really is?
thanks for any input =)

I've seen a few concerts there and I'd go with M. I've was in 101 for Tori Amos and it was wonderful. I think you're gonna be too far back and don't forget the soundboard. 222 should be a great view :up:

thanks redkat! =)
is 106 really as far back as the picture makes it seem? i'm assuming there's 23 rows in the section, so 17 is pretty much towards the end, huh? i know if i sit behind a tall person, i'm screwed, so does the fact that the stage is raised make it any easier to see? josh groban will probably be really small unless i look at the video screen hahahah

o, and i wanted to ask, what does the soundboard have to do with it? is the sound really better in one part of the arena than another?

I'd go with 222 as well tuwie. If you are on the floor, and people stand for the whole show, it may be hard to see. The floor is flat, whereas seats are usually elevated in the sense that each row is higher than the row below it (did that come out right?). You might have a better view/angle from 222.

If I remember right, I think we had 207 or 206 for U2 back in 2001. I think :scratch:

oh shit I think for Tori the floor was graduated which made a bit of difference. I don't know much about Josh Groban ( I do think I own a cd but that doesn't mean anything ;) ) anyways doesn't he play piano? Even though my Tori seats were close floor seats when the artist is sitting it's still not a great view.

The Pond is a good (steep) venue imo. 222 should give you a good and broader view of the show and him.

thanks so much guys!
everything should SOUND the same no matter where you sit, right? redkat mentioned something about "Don't forget the soundboard" but i don't quite know what that means haha =)

redkat: josh does play the piano for a few songs, but most of the time he just sings =) he does have a drum solo as part of his encore, which is really awesome cuz he's so multitalented. he's always choc full of fake accents and impersonations, it's so funny.

tuwie said:
redkat mentioned something about "Don't forget the soundboard" but i don't quite know what that means haha =)
i think she meant in the other section, the soundboard area itself might block part of your view of the stage :)

i'd go with 222 as well; hope you have a good time :)

My hometown :love: (well, for 21 years) I saw many a Duck game, WWF match, and Circus event there!

I'd go 222.

When I saw U2 there I was a couple rows back in what looks like 213 and I could see everything well because there was no backdrop except for the light curtain. So I guess the stage set-up is also a factor, but you should be totally fine in 222.

We sat in 220 or 221 for U2 (2nd night - Saturday) and those were great seats. You will have a better view of the stage from 222. The sound was excellent for U2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom