Concert Madness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First Concert: U2 — Popmart Montreal, November 2, 1997

Favourite Concert: Arcade Fire —February 2007(Montreal), U2 Elevation Tour October 2001 (Montreal), Radiohead Amnesiac Tour—August 2001 (Montreal) and for sentimental value due to it's exotic location Morcheeba—March 2003 (Guangzhou, China)

Worst Concert: Backstreet Boys January 1998 (Montreal) Don't ask.

Last Concert: Arcade Fire- February 2007.

At this time next week my last concert will still be Arcade Fire, but I'm seeing them on Sunday! :rockon:

first concert: aerosmith, 1994

favourite concert: non-u2? i guess i'd have to go with radiohead 2003

worst concert (that i actually wanted to go see): madonna, 2001. waited years to see her and got rewarded with a lameass show, 500 costume changes, and all but two songs that weren't off of ray of light or music. screw that bitch.

last concert: arcade fire, last friday! im still off a high from that show, but i seriously think it's a contender for best concert as well

next concert: sasquatch festival, with bjork and the arcade fire. after the last show, im actually more excited about seeing the arcade fire again than i am about seeing bjork for the first time!

Well, if we're including next concerts, I've got Damien Rice and Bright Eyes this week, not to mention Interpol later in the month.

And Bjork in September since she's going to be at ACL :drool:

First concert: The Monkees, during their big comeback in the mid 80s. My mom took me to see them at the Wisconsin State Fair in Wisconsin. I :heart: my mom. I was so excited!

Best concert: REM in Chicago, 1999. 8th row center. Man-oh-man, good times! (Duran Duran a couple of years ago is a close runner-up, though. Big fun.)

Worst concert: Smashing Pumpkins ... 1999, I think. I was so disappointed.

Last concert: Cat Power at The Showbox in Seattle last year. I was amazed by how much I liked her show, with those great veteran musicians as her backing band (including my then-boyfriend's old friend, who was one of the backup singers). I was expecting whiny, sensitive singer-songwrite crap. I went out and bought "The Greatest" the next day.

First Concert: The Who (in 2002)

Best Concert: Radiohead (in 2006)

Worst Concert: The Who (in 2007)

Last Concert: The Who (in 2007)

First Concert: The Ramones - January 1989 (Boathouse) Norfolk, VA

Best Concert: The Rolling Stones - September 2002 (Giants Stadium) NYC

Worst Concert: Matthew Sweet - March 1994 (Boathouse) Norfolk, VA

Last Concert: Bjork - May 5, 2007 (United Palace) NYC

Next Concert (as of now): Morrissey - July 17, 2007 (Morocco Shrine Auditorium) Jacksonville, FL

First Concert: Probably John Farnham or Jimmy Barnes with my parents when I would have been about 6 or so ...So around 93-94

Best Concert: I have 3

1. U2 Melbourne, November 18th 2006
2.(A) Muse Melbourne January 31st 2007
2.(B) Roger Waters Melbourne Feb 2nd 2007

Worst Concert: Matchbox Twenty, July 27th 2003

The Concert was great, though Rob Has voice problems and the concert was cut about 45 minutes shorter than the previous night.

Last Concert: Sarah Blasko April 5th 2007 :heart:

Next Concert: Eskimo Joe & Little Birdy May 18th 2007

First concert: Wilco - A Ghost is Born tour
Favorite: Arcade Fire a week ago or maybe Radiohead 06
Worst: Depeche Mode- May 06
Last concert: Arcade Fire

First concert: A band whose name I can't remember for the life of me (it was a "The" band, second word began with an F or S) - Spring 1982 (I think) - Booth Ferris Student Center, Columbia University, NYC.

First concert by a band whose name I remember :wink: : The Police, Shea Stadium, NYC, August 18, 1983.

Favorite concert: Radiohead, Radio City Music Hall, NYC, April 18, 1998

Worst concert: Another band I can't remember now! Was at Roseland in NYC, can't even remember the year, I think it was the early 90s. :der:

Last concert: Snow Patrol, March 26, 2007, Theater at Madison Square Garden

Next concert: Arcade Fire, United Palace, NYC - tonight! :hyper:

Last edited:
First concert – It was supposed to be Billy Joel but then I learned the girl I had a high school crush on wasn’t a Billy fan. So I sold those tickets and took her to Fleetwood Mac. November 25, 1979, Capitol Centre, Largo, Maryland. Concerts as a first date.:up:

Favorite concert – Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. The River Tour. November 23, 1980. Capitol Centre. My first of over 30 Springsteen shows. I was seventeen. Somehow I convinced my mom to let me sleep at the mall so that I could be there when the box office opened. I was the second person in line but there were about 30 others who were also camping out. Of course, everyone else was a lot older. That night I discovered the existence of other true music fans. I sat there on a sleeping bag and all night long, they kept punching my arm and saying, “Just wait ‘til you see Bruce … this show is going to change your life!” And it did. Third row seats. That November night lives on via YouTube.
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-1G73CQevY4

Worst concert – Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. 1992 - Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles. The show was pure torture but it was a good night. I was an executive at Paramount Pictures and had arranged with Dick Scott (his then manager) to meet with Mark after the show to give him a script for a low budget film we were developing entitled The Substitute. It turned out to be his first acting gig though the film was horrible and went straight to cable.

Last concert: Arcade Fire, April 26th, San Diego. Small theatre, 1900 people. Incredible show. The most passionate performance that I’ve seen in years.

Next concert: Arcade Fire, May 29th, Los Angeles and then again on June 1st in Berkeley.

Last edited:
First: Tori Amos in 1999.

Favorite: Tie between Pearl Jam in 2000 (I was second row center) and Morrissey in 2002 (at one of the smallest venues he's ever played).

Worst: None. I've enjoyed every gig I've seen so far.

Last: U2 in 2005.

Next: Morrissey (tonight).

First concert: Duran Duran in 1983

Favorite concert: U2 for me. As for other artists I honestly can’t pin point a favorite show each holds different memories for me.

Worst concert : well its not so much worst concerts more i just did not want to be there in the first place 1) Dire Straits in '91 I only went to this show for the support act The Hot House Flowers 2) Metallica in '95 because someone had got me a ticket.

Last concert: Inxs & Simple Minds in March

First Concert: A portuguese band back in 2000 (Xutos & Pontapés). One of those bands that are great to see when you're with a group of great friends, because everybody knows most of their lyrics :lol:

Best Concert: Muse (October 2006) I was at third row right in front of Matt in the begining but I was gradually pushed back :grumpy: crazy Muse fans :wink: kidding... anyway this concert is up there on my list (together with the U2 one) and I waited for years to be there, so... I guess my choice is justified.

Worst Concert: Keane (June 2006) I didn't like them too much and I endedn up not liking them at all... But Franz Ferdinand came to the stage after them so it was worthy;)

Last Concert: David Fonseca (portuguese, last sunday)- I like him and it was the first time I saw him... It was a good show...

First Concert: Matchbox Twenty, July 26th 2003

Best Concert: I'm sorry, I know I'm not supposed to, but I HAVE to say U2 - Vertigo, Melbourne (November 18th and 19th, 2006). Most awesome nights of my life; they just blow everyone else away!

Runners-up would have to be Muse, (January 30, 2007) - really awesome show.

Honourable Mention to Augie March (March 30, 2007) - beautiful, artistic performance and a very intimate show. Plus, I was sitting next to the bass player and spoke to the lead guitarist without realising it before the show. Lol!

Worst Concert: Robbie Williams, (December 2006) (please, don't ask) or RHCP (April 2007).

Last Concert: RHCP (April 2007)

Next Concert: The Shins!!! :)

First concert: Michael Jackson (Bad tour, 1988 :rockon: :lol: )

Favorite concert: If we're doing non-U2, either the Rolling Stones on the Bridges to Babylon tour in '97, or Bruce any of the times I've seen him. Fiona Apple last summer also comes to mind.

Worst concert: Tom Petty, 2006

Last concert: The Tragically Hip, April 12th

Next Concert: Stevie Nicks :hyper:

Westport said:

Favorite concert – Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. The River Tour. November 23, 1980. Capitol Centre. My first of over 30 Springsteen shows. I was seventeen. Somehow I convinced my mom to let me sleep at the mall so that I could be there when the box office opened. I was the second person in line but there were about 30 others who were also camping out. Of course, everyone else was a lot older. That night I discovered the existence of other true music fans. I sat there on a sleeping bag and all night long, they kept punching my arm and saying, “Just wait ‘til you see Bruce … this show is going to change your life!” And it did. Third row seats. That November night lives on via YouTube.
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-1G73CQevY4

I'm SO jealous! I've never seen him, and he's probably the ONE I'll never get to see. Plus, I heard he was just phenomenal in his heyday. What, 3 1/2 hour shows. :drool:

Count yourself lucky!

I'm so jealous!

:wink:

This thread reminds me I have a very bad memory :uhoh:

First concert, I THINK was ... Culture Club, 1984 :wink: My mum took me and my little sis

Favourite concert?? Hmmm .. too many ... the Church, Oct '06 was awesome. I loooooooved Daniel Lanois & his band, Apr '06. I STILL think about seeing Depeche Mode and the Cure (around 1993-ish??!) And I know we can't mention U2, but what the heck .. seeing them in Ireland, at Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork Aug '87, on Edge's birthday, that was somethin' special. Oh, and any Tea Party concert, esp Dec '04.

I don't think I have a worst concert. Well .. maybe Dire Straits :no:

Last show(s) I saw were Jeff Martin (ex Tea Party singer/guitarist) last January. Always good :)

First concert: was actually a festival called Pukkelpop: The Paranoiacs - Beasts of Bourbon - Mudhoney - Rollins Band - Billy Bragg - The Buzzcocks - Faith No More - The Cramps - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (1990)

Favourite: I've seen so many, but the best were Suede (1994), Morrissey (2006), Bruce and the seeger session band (2006), Radiohead (every time but especially at the werchter festival in 2003) and The tragically hip (1994)
And I probably forget tons of other great gigs I saw

Worst: The stone Roses (1995) I had high hopes and it started brilliantly with John Squire playing I wanna be adored. Then Ian Brown started to "sing"

Last: Bob Dylan in Brussels (next are Wilco)

First:- Madness Spring 1982 'Rise & Fall' tour (I was 10 yrs old)
Favourites:-The Smiths 1986 Middlesbrough Town hall 'The Queen is dead' tour
Sex Pistols 1996 Sheperd's Bush Empire 'Filthy Lucre'tour
Worst:-Oasis Wembley Stadium 2000(the second night)Liam was drunk and sang terribly(pretty much like all the time now)
Last:- Think Floyd 1 month ago in Darlington (excellant tribute band that played for 3 hrs.Not bad for £15)

Favourites:-The Smiths 1986 Middlesbrough Town hall 'The Queen is dead' tour

Wauw I am jealous...During the Queen is dead tour..Lucky you!!!

patske said:
First concert: was actually a festival called Pukkelpop: The Paranoiacs - Beasts of Bourbon - Mudhoney - Rollins Band - Billy Bragg - The Buzzcocks - Faith No More - The Cramps - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (1990)

Favourite: I've seen so many, but the best were Suede (1994), Morrissey (2006), Bruce and the seeger session band (2006), Radiohead (every time but especially at the werchter festival in 2003) and The tragically hip (1994)
And I probably forget tons of other great gigs I saw

Worst: The stone Roses (1995) I had high hopes and it started brilliantly with John Squire playing I wanna be adored. Then Ian Brown started to "sing"

Last: Bob Dylan in Brussels (next are Wilco)

Best:
AND how can I forgot Elbow at the Werchter festival in 2006. They dedicated a song to me and my friends. now that was cool..

inmyplace13 said:
Last concert: Okkervil River on April 21. It was a one off show since they are recording their new album right now (perk of living in their home town). They played a theatre here on the UT campus that only seats 1,200 and they had a full string and horns section. It was beautiful.
:drool: :drool:

1st Concert-Uhh the Spice Girls in like 1997(I was like 8)

Favorite Concert-U2, April 2005, Vancouver

Worst Concert-Spice Girls, I dont actually remember it, but I'm just gonna assume

Last Concert-The Tragically Hip, November 2006, Vancouver

FIRST: U2 - Popmart Santiago, Feb 11th, 1998... I was 13

BEST: Besides U2 for Popmart, and Vertigo Santiago and Buenos Aires 1...

it's kinda like a tie...

- Roger Waters' The Dark Side of The Moon tour 2007
- Robbie Williams' Close Encounters Tour 2006

amazing shows, great productions, one was musically amazing and beautiful, the other one energetic, funny and great

WORST: another tie.. I haven't decided...

- Oasis 2006 (the chilean opening band was better)
- Coldplay 2007 (too expensive for nothing... they wanted something "intimate", intimate for like 5000 people, with no screens to at least SEE a guy, great lights, but still... $85 dollars for the BAD seats, for 1:20 hrs of music... :madspit: ... at least OASIS was $35 or so)

LAST: Vive Latino Festival, last April, with a lot of latin bands and closing up KEANE

NEXT: this saturday: La Renga (from Argentina), then ALICE COOPER, on May 29th

First: Ted Nugent or was it Boston? Sometime in 1976-77 (when your in High School you'll go to anything to get out of the house!)

Favorite: U2 Zoo TV OUTSIDE BROADCAST Saratoga Raceway August 18, 1992.

Worst: three way tie Allman Bros August 2005 or 6? left early air conditioning not working and either was the band!, Radiohead April 12, 1998 fell asleep absolute boreFEST , Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band December 4, 2002 assaulted by the drunk lady behind me , had to leave due to the blood coming from my nose. I heard two song's, I should have pressed charges!

Next: The Tragically Hip this Friday May 18 :wink:

First concert: Steps

Favorite concert: Moby or Muse (I don't think U2 are even in my top 3)

Worst concert: Amy Winehouse/Yann Tiersen

Last concert: Mr Hudson and the library about 2 weeks ago :drool:

First concert: U2 - June 2001

Favorite Concert: Beck - October 2005/Bruce Springsteen - May 2005

Worst Concert: Aerosmith (ex-girlfriend is a big fan)

Last concert: Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, July 2006

This was difficult...

First concert: The 5th Dimension (my parents took me), late 60's

Best concert: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Born in the USA tour. Truly amazing :heart:

Worst concert: Van Halen in the late 70's.

Last concert: Van Morrison few months ago, could have been the worst concert but Van Halen was worse.

Next concert: The Police on May 28th

First: N'Sync :| 2000 or 2001...

Best: Tie between 2 Rolling Stones 2006

Worst: Dashboard Confessional (opened for U2) even though I like them

Last: Rolling Stones Winter 2006

First: Joshua Tree Tour, Brendan Byrne Arena, May of 1987

Best: See above

Worst: KROQ Weenie Roast a few years ago. Bunch of different acts, most sucked

Last: U2 in Hawaii, December 2006

Back
Top Bottom