Concert For Diana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, Rod was great. I wouldn't mind seeing him in concert, provided he signed a statement saying he wouldn't be singing any of the crap from his recent "standards" albums.

I'd completely forgotten about his song "Baby Jane" - I had just picked up a used copy of his greatest hits, and was so pleased to be reminded of that song. And then he did it yesterday at the concert! I love little coincidences like that.

lucky you!! I saw him a couple of years ago at the Hollywood Bowl with Ron Wood! I was bored by the 'standards' (40s/50s), but loved all the old stuff :drool:

Rod was great. So was Nelly Furtado, Lilly Allen, Duran Duran. P.Diddy was great too. At first I thought it wasn't a good idea to have him in the concert, but his performance was amazing!

one4u2 said:
Great montage with a great Queen song :drool:

I think you're referring to These Are the Days of Our Lives? I saw that, right at the end of the NBC special. So moving, with the weight of that song playing behind the pictures of Diana as a child. I actually just saw the original Queen video a few weeks ago, and it's pretty gripping, seeing Freddie in his declining days :( Just makes you think about the fragility of life, in general.

I'm not a royal-watcher at all, but at least Diana tried to make a difference with her life and causes. I didn't catch all of the concert performances, but I thought Duran Duran were great :up:

Back
Top Bottom