Concert For Diana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Candle in the Wind! Oh ok, that song was too emotional anyway.

Either way, it was a great show, and those princes should be proud of themselves - and Diana too!

I'm glad he didn't pull out that one. I like it when performers say "I'm never playing this song again" ... and then stick to it. :wink:

When Donny Osmond came out all I could think about was his dancing in the "White and Nerdy" video :lol:

I do :heart: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, though. Pretty much anything ALW, really.

U2democrat said:
When Donny Osmond came out all I could think about was his dancing in the "White and Nerdy" video :lol:

I do :heart: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, though. Pretty much anything ALW, really.
:love: weird Al :lmao:

Screwtape2 said:

The whole idea is terrible. Would Diana want Kanye West, P. Diddy and Nelly Furtado as the main artists at something like this? Do they even remember who Diana was?

THis concert was a mix of diana's fav music aswell and her son's fav music too.

one4u2 said:
The abbreviated version is on now

*Rio*

:hmm: wonder whose the duranie here.... :shifty:

DuranDuran2006.jpg

:wink:

pepokiss said:
and LIVE EARTH is next weekend... :hmm:

I will give that a miss, bunch of hypocrites.

The stars go on massive tours , release X amounts of carbon emmsions then prance around a stage preaching to us that we use the car too much...

oh please.

Take That were awesome - why 'Shine' hasn't been a global hit is beyond me - let alone the perfection of 'Patience' and 'Back For Good'... brilliant.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Take That were awesome - why 'Shine' hasn't been a global hit is beyond me - let alone the perfection of 'Patience' and 'Back For Good'... brilliant.
We don't get to see the show til tonight in Australia, i'm guessing Robbie didn't perform with Take That? Was he there at all?

I taped some of it, and since Elton was apparently running late, my machine cut-off at the end of Ricky Gervais' dance, LOL.

To watch the performances online, you can go here: http://www.vh1.com/vspot/

Didn't catch Duran Duran yet, but I will. Oh, and one4u2, you have a PM :sexywink:

I thought it was a fantastic show! Highlights for me was of course Duran Duran...amazing. Rod Stewart and him kicking the football into Wembley when he came out was great. Brian Ferry, Slave to Love, wow that brought back some memories. But the best part was seeing William and Harry enjoying themselves and getting up onto that stage in front of Wembley! I'm so proud of our future King.

Oh ya, if anyone missed a performance, CTV in Canada has all the vids for each performer and their songs -

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...ncertpreview_070701/20070701?s_name=diana2007

Last edited:
Acrobat Angel said:

We don't get to see the show til tonight in Australia, i'm guessing Robbie didn't perform with Take That? Was he there at all?

No Robbie - frankly Take That don't really need him. However since he met Diana a few times with the group it would have been a nice gesture. Then again he may have demanded to be allowed to perform 'Rudebox'... :ohmy:

i watched quite a bit of this today online.... Rod Stewart sounded GREAT!! thank god he sang his older tunes and not all that re-mixed 40's stuff:huh:

Back
Top Bottom