Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm told edam cheese goes well with pinot noir, so I can't say I'm surprised to find that it also goes well with the variety's white mutant, pinot gris.

Wheeeeee, fuck you traviud, vapitlaise, the sound of Te Awamutu had a truly sacred ring!

That got your attention? Speak up, people! It's not easy to get pissed when this place is quiet and the rugby hasn't begun and none of your loser friends want to come over and drink wine and eat cheese and watch rugby with you.

*quickly scrolls past all of her Hootie & The Blowfish music* :whistle:
By my fuzzy memory, I think I liked the songs of theirs I heard on the radio, years ago...

OK, I have my pinot gris. Te Henga, from Marlborough, 2007 vintage. Good stuff; I think I have just 2 glasses of it left including this. It smells nice and fruity. :up:

You joining me live from kahlua land, Ali?
:hmm:

This is not at all a spectacular wine on the first sip. It seems very plain and it goes down almost too easily. But by about the third or fourth sip, it begins to open up and you realise it lasts incredibly well in the mouth. Great fruity flavours and hints of spices.
Are we doing a running diary of what we're drinking now? :lol:

I just dug out a CD by the band my bass teacher is/was in... very innoffensive blues covers, I think.

oh shut it you pompous Kiwi Aussie! :tsk:

:uhoh: the radio keeps failing, there's a damn tropical storm here! it's really light outside but raining like there's no tomorrow! and guess who has to cycle to work in an hour? :happy:

Hmm, yes, this kahlua tastes like... uh... kahlua. With milk. :yes:

It also doesn't appear to go very well at all with this Danish Havarti cheese. :huh:

oh shut it you pompous Kiwi Aussie! :tsk:

:uhoh: the radio keeps failing, there's a damn tropical storm here! it's really light outside but raining like there's no tomorrow! and guess who has to cycle to work in an hour? :happy:

AUSSIE?! How dare you tar me with that label! :madspit:

You deserve the bike ride in the rain for calling me that. :tsk:

Well, all right... if it'll make you feel better about sitting alone in your flat getting drunk :wink:

Hmm, yes, this kahlua tastes like... uh... kahlua. With milk. :yes:

It also doesn't appear to go very well at all with this Danish Havarti cheese. :huh:

You should have come here and joined me for some of this Dutch edam cheese!

Then again, I've never tried kahlua in my life, so I've no idea what it goes with.

I thought my housemates had gone to bed... but I forgot one of them has to go to work in a couple of hours. Who'd be in IT??

Nerdy lunatics.

I wish I were drunk already. I'd be yelling out the end of Pink Floyd's Dogs right now. God, this is such a good song with one of the best conclusions ever. :drool:

well, technically speaking you are one :wink:

I'm an Australian citizen, but not an Australian full stop, thank you very much!

:waves Kiwi flag:

Anyway, I'm just about to cheer for South Africa against the Australians in the rugby! The other GG needs to totally rock up on the thread right about now.

I'm an Australian citizen, but not an Australian full stop, thank you very much!

:waves Kiwi flag:

Anyway, I'm just about to cheer for South Africa against the Australians in the rugby! The other GG needs to totally rock up on the thread right about now.

:lol: do I smell aussie hate there?

What kind of an alcohol is that!
Very sweet, and allegedly coffee-flavoured. Apparently it's so sweet that I don't mind the coffee-ness...

*makes note to brush teeth before bed*

Yeah, but we both have thousands of posts on an Internet forum and are spending our Saturday night drinking while posting on it.
I wasn't disputing the lunacy of our nerdiness. :wink: ... or should that be the nerdiness of our lunacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom