Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last U2 related gift I got was Joshua Tree remastered for Christmas. Oh, and Popmart on DVD, at Christmas.

Yeah, I got the deluxe remastered JT for Christmas.

Don't have Popmart on DVD. No point. I have the unedited bootleg edition in even higher picture quality. Because, you know, that's totally of use to the blind guy.

I only got that last year. :lol: I was surprised to find it in the shops still, I thought it was supposed to be super limited edition or something.

I found the Best Of 1980-1990 + B-Sides in the US in 2005.

So much for being strictly limited in 1998.

I found the Best Of 1980-1990 + B-Sides in the US in 2005.

So much for being strictly limited in 1998.

I got the LAST one of that from a friend of my mom, she went to dublin and searched for me... Tower records had ONE left in the basement :bow:

I found the 1990-2000 2disc in a new cd shop here :ohmy: they had both but I didn't buy the 80-90 yet cause they seemed to have enough :crack: when I got money again they were all gone..

And honestly, as much as I hate McGuinne$$ and criticise a lot of what he does, I don't have a problem with the way this release is timed. If you're going to be releasing an album in the fourth quarter anyway, you might as well time it at the point that will maximise sales and chart position. Makes good business sense. Since it doesn't matter that much precisely which week you choose for the UK and European charts, go by the US and Black Friday, since that matters a lot.
I don't mind that sort of thinking... but I hate the feeling that they've delayed it by months, unnecessarily, just to do this. I don't know if they really did, and I daresay I never will; but that niggling doubt is, well, depressing. :shrug:

Also, why is it called "Black Friday"? Would have thought it'd be "Green Friday", for the money... :wink:

Commentator: This is the seventh match where they've conceded four points of less in the first half for the Warriors.

1) I refuse to believe that. I just don't believe it.
2) We conceded SIX points in the first half of this game.

I don't mind that sort of thinking... but I hate the feeling that they've delayed it by months, unnecessarily, just to do this. I don't know if they really did, and I daresay I never will; but that niggling doubt is, well, depressing. :shrug:

Also, why is it called "Black Friday"? Would have thought it'd be "Green Friday", for the money... :wink:

Yeah, the skeptic in me wonders if it was intentionally delayed, one way or another, so that it had to be a fourth quarter release in the first place. I would not put that past McGuinne$$ one bit. If we get a booklet with some kind of song timeline like in HTDAAB, that could be illuminating in revealing how much was in the can much earlier.

According to Wikipedia, it was initially due to the stress of large crowds and traffic, though it has also been rationalised more positively as the high sales sending businesses into the black profitwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom