Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Thanksgiving this year is 27/11, so Black Friday, the highest day for album sales of the year in the US, is 28/11. The album was either going to come out there on 18/11 or 25/11. Last time, they did it the week of Thanksgiving, but it seems this time, they want both the week before (maximise sales from it being U2's new album) and then the week itself (maximise sales from Black Friday) - i.e. possibly going for #1 two weeks in a row, rather than just maximising their chances of going #1 the week of Thanksgiving before dropping off the next.

This makes me depressed.

I may also get several copies of it for my birthday. :lol:
(In addition to whatever fancy packaging they give pre-ordered copies that I'll probably get for myself too, sigh.)

Oh, god. I just saw something.

Ian on another forum:

Ian on Interference:

Just for the record, on a basic eye chart test, depending on the lighting conditions of the test, I can test as not legally blind with correction. However, when you take into account all the defects in my eyes, e.g. astigmatism, nystagmus, and the photophobia (light sensitivity) that makes the lighting conditions pretty crucial to my performance on the eye chart, I am legally blind. So I can see much better indoors with consistent artificial light or non-direct sunlight than I can outside in direct sunlight.

:tsk: I think the fact you didn't see how bad the cheese was is good enough for being legally blind.

Please don't make me think of their hides.
What, not even with the (baby) oil?

Don't blame me if your brain goes to dodgy places quicker than mine does! And I was thinking more of McGuinness anyway... ye gods, someone posted a photoshopped pic on gluey's birthday thread that... ack. :yuck:

Ian on another forum:

Ian on Interference:

:lol: Planning on passing that 14,234 this evening?

Ian on another forum:

Ian on Interference:

:ohmy: Enter the twilight zone.....

Nobody ever gives me U2 cds for my birthday cause they know I already have it all :lol:

This is a good point.

Mind you, the only reason I have Bomb is cos someone gave it to me for my birthday... and it was still a couple of months before I plucked up the courage to listen to it. :reject:

This is a good point.

Mind you, the only reason I have Bomb is cos someone gave it to me for my birthday... and it was still a couple of months before I plucked up the courage to listen to it. :reject:

:lol:

I had the 1disc normal version... 2 years later I bought the superdeluxe one with the book and fast cars :wink:

This makes me depressed.

I may also get several copies of it for my birthday. :lol:
(In addition to whatever fancy packaging they give pre-ordered copies that I'll probably get for myself too, sigh.)

I'll, uh, probably download it. Though if there's a sweet deluxe edition, I'll probably buy that.

And honestly, as much as I hate McGuinne$$ and criticise a lot of what he does, I don't have a problem with the way this release is timed. If you're going to be releasing an album in the fourth quarter anyway, you might as well time it at the point that will maximise sales and chart position. Makes good business sense. Since it doesn't matter that much precisely which week you choose for the UK and European charts, go by the US and Black Friday, since that matters a lot.

I would have been genuinely surprised if the album had been any earlier than 11/11 in the US.

I still want to know what Axver will have to do when he wears out the knob on his cane.

Oh god. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom