Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New rumour? Interferencers pulling dates from thin air?

Although it would continue the trend of nearly-my-birthday U2-related things. (Bomb's release, the Melbourne Vertigo shows...)

*edit* Didn't actually see the "per good sources" bit before... but I'll still not hold my breath until I can go buy the thing.

atu2's reporting it and apparently a second source has emerged saying the precise same thing, so that's promising.

It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting too; second half of November, leading up to Thanksgiving in the US, the period of maximum sales. So I'm going to take this as pretty solid.

:giggle: I only just clicked!! :uhoh:

Hey how was your airport run?

A mission.

Got my mates car out of the garage, made the mistake of turning it off to go back and close the garage, and the battery was dead by the time I got back to the car. I managed to get it to roll down the driveway to the mud by the mailbox and had enough space to go back and get my mums car (the one with the broken open window!). Fucking freezing!

Picked them up at the airport, drove back to my place and and took two sets of jumper leads to get his car working.

It wouldn't be right to battle a blind man would it Wild?

Makes you wonder though, how is the legally blind guy beating all the sighted folk at something that requires READING?

(No, actually, I'm a very fast reader. I just sit damn close.)

A mission.

Got my mates car out of the garage, made the mistake of turning it off to go back and close the garage, and the battery was dead by the time I got back to the car. I managed to get it to roll down the driveway to the mud by the mailbox and had enough space to go back and get my mums car (the one with the broken open window!). Fucking freezing!

Picked them up at the airport, drove back to my place and and took two sets of jumper leads to get his car working.

Lucky it wasn't during that kickarse thunder storm we had this morning!

atu2's reporting it and apparently a second source has emerged saying the precise same thing, so that's promising.

It's pretty much exactly what I was expecting too; second half of November, leading up to Thanksgiving in the US, the period of maximum sales. So I'm going to take this as pretty solid.

Let's be honest, it was always going to be around that time, just the exact date needed to be nailed down.

20-6, but the Bulldogs try was more luck than judgement.

Makes you wonder though, how is the legally blind guy beating all the sighted folk at something that requires READING?

(No, actually, I'm a very fast reader. I just sit damn close.)

Because you don't get distracted by all that is going on around you......:shifty:

Oh dear. I just remembered this sketch on a show my parents used to watch, I think it was the Max Gillies Report?

I think he was dressed as as the Pope, or some religious figure... at a press conference, podium, microphones and all.. "Stop, or you will go blind!" ... *stumbles blindly into microphones* ....

:giggle:

Let's be honest, it was always going to be around that time, just the exact date needed to be nailed down.

20-6, but the Bulldogs try was more luck than judgement.

Yep. Thanksgiving this year is 27/11, so Black Friday, the highest day for album sales of the year in the US, is 28/11. The album was either going to come out there on 18/11 or 25/11. Last time, they did it the week of Thanksgiving, but it seems this time, they want both the week before (maximise sales from it being U2's new album) and then the week itself (maximise sales from Black Friday) - i.e. possibly going for #1 two weeks in a row, rather than just maximising their chances of going #1 the week of Thanksgiving before dropping off the next.

Just for the record, on a basic eye chart test, depending on the lighting conditions of the test, I can test as not legally blind with correction. However, when you take into account all the defects in my eyes, e.g. astigmatism, nystagmus, and the photophobia (light sensitivity) that makes the lighting conditions pretty crucial to my performance on the eye chart, I am legally blind. So I can see much better indoors with consistent artificial light or non-direct sunlight than I can outside in direct sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom