Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Didn't know that. That's why I rarely post it, but Alison told me her name, so I thought it was only right.

So back to Hardy it is :D

Hah, yeah, to avoid confusion, I think I'll keep calling you Hardy. I wonder how many more Daniels will end up in this place. :laugh:

God, I hope no one actually does something like that. :lol: It would be hilarious, but a wasted slot.

It'd be hysterical to see if it actually gets votes.

Oh man, parts of it are so campy, while other parts overcompensate for that by being thoroughly pissed off. It's the perfect Larry list.

If it weren't for the fact that the plot I came up with for the Desert Island episode was incredibly convoluted, that cartoon totally would have happened.

And the way it's just totally thrown together is amazing. I don't think it could possibly have any less cohesion. Did you ever actually play it all the way through?

And you've discarded a DI cartoon? :(

And the way it's just totally thrown together is amazing. I don't think it could possibly have any less cohesion. Did you ever actually play it all the way through?

And you've discarded a DI cartoon? :(

I made it about 7 songs in before it got to be too much. :lol: It's actually a fun list, and probably would have won a game or two in the first DI. :wink:

No, I saved what I had of the script. I may revive it in time for DI5.

My ability to memorize useless facts should not be underestimated. Larry's DI list:

picturebg8.jpg
Oh wow. I don't even know a lot of those songs, but I'd never be able to top that for sheer jarring-ness. :lol:

I'm Danny :) Lila64's hubby (as she puts it) & Bono'sLilPal'94 dad

I make sporadic appearances in here.
Hi Danny! And that's kinda neat how you're a whole Interference family... :D

One day, I REALLY want someone to use Never Gonna Give You Up as their opening song to rickroll people. They would get my vote on principle.

Hi Danny! And that's kinda neat how you're a whole Interference family... :D

Funny, huh. :)

Actually, I'm not a huge U2 fan. Got sucked in a year ago or so to do a DI list offshoot, and liked the group. So I stuck around. Took down NotAxver with some old school prog before getting struck down roughly. Old prog rock sung in Italian not good for votes :laugh:

I made it about 7 songs in before it got to be too much. :lol: It's actually a fun list, and probably would have won a game or two in the first DI. :wink:

No, I saved what I had of the script. I may revive it in time for DI5.

Haha, I'm hardly surprised. And yeah, the first DI had a couple of genuine entries worryingly similar. :wink:

Oooh, awesome. I hope you do. :hyper:

Actually, I'm not a huge U2 fan. Got sucked in a year ago or so to do a DI list offshoot, and liked the group. So I stuck around. Took down NotAxver with some old school prog before getting struck down roughly. Old prog rock sung in Italian not good for votes :laugh:

Aha, cool... I'm considering having a go at DI. I'd better start thinking about it now, although my music preferences will probably change completely by the time DI-5 happens. :reject:

Funny, huh. :)

Haha, we're good at coaxing people not heavily into U2 onto the forum - you and Brittany being two good examples. And some of the Prog Island stuff we used ... goodness, must've mindfucked some people. If I remember correctly, the notAxver list clocked in at just under 4 hours with only seven tracks used.

Aha, cool... I'm considering having a go at DI. I'd better start thinking about it now, although my music preferences will probably change completely by the time DI-5 happens. :reject:

You should. It's actually kinda fun. But I've found I enjoy making the list, then by the time the competition gets going, I'm tired of it already and ready to make another :lol:

Haha, we're good at coaxing people not heavily into U2 onto the forum - you and Brittany being two good examples. And some of the Prog Island stuff we used ... goodness, must've mindfucked some people. If I remember correctly, the notAxver list clocked in at just under 4 hours with only seven tracks used.

Yes, I remember a Green Carnation track that was about an hour itself :lol:

You should. It's actually kinda fun. But I've found I enjoy making the list, then by the time the competition gets going, I'm tired of it already and ready to make another :lol:

Sounds like me!

The main thing that puts me off is the prospect of having to find time/or just having to listen to twenty other playlists or something... :crack:

Yes, I remember a Green Carnation track that was about an hour itself :lol:

Yep! Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness is 60:06. I think a couple of others were over half an hour too. The Incredible Expanding Mindfuck track that was 12 or so minutes long was by far the shortest. :laugh:

Sounds like me!

The main thing that puts me off is the prospect of having to find time/or just having to listen to twenty other playlists or something... :crack:

Lila & I listen to them while we're sitting here at the computers. When you think about how much time goes by while your here, you get through a couple lists easily a day. Of course at 160 minutes, it is bit harder. I liked the 80 minute retro lists.

To be honest, I don't think most people manage to listen to ALL playlists. Some you know you just won't care for. Doing the running diaries in the Superthread was a helpful way of getting through more tracklists for me.

Lila & I listen to them while we're sitting here at the computers. When you think about how much time goes by while your here, you get through a couple lists easily a day. Of course at 160 minutes, it is bit harder. I liked the 80 minute retro lists.

I keep wondering if we should perhaps make the 80 minute form the main form of the game, or reduce the 160 minute limit to 120 minutes.

Damn, I just remembered a song that would be awesome for the Larry DI list. Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes.

Damn, I just remembered a song that would be awesome for the Larry DI list. Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes.

Dear lord.

Though that is probably the best Limp Bizkit song I've ever heard. Their own material is somehow more shithouse.

Dear lord.

Though that is probably the best Limp Bizkit song I've ever heard. Their own material is somehow more shithouse.

The first minute or two of the song is alright. Then the shitty drum machine and speak & spell come in and destroy everything.

And yes, everything Limp Bizkit does sucks, right down to their decision to call themselves Limp Bizkit.

I keep wondering if we should perhaps make the 80 minute form the main form of the game, or reduce the 160 minute limit to 120 minutes.

I would definitely consider shortening the time. It would make listening to the other lists easier. And I think encouraging voting even if you haven't heard the lists would get more votes. And probably get more discussion in the thread.

I tend not to listen so closely to what I'm listening to when I'm on here, though. I'd kinda want to give someone's playlist more of my attention if I was going to vote on it or whatever.

This sounds like a good idea to me, but then I am lazy... of course, when I put my list together I'll probably complain that 160 minutes isn't enough. :lol:

I might just start by chucking all my current favourite songs into a playlist and seeing what comes out of it.

The first minute or two of the song is alright. Then the shitty drum machine and speak & spell come in and destroy everything.

And yes, everything Limp Bizkit does sucks, right down to their decision to call themselves Limp Bizkit.

And Fred Durst's voice is nails on a chalkboard.

Any band dumb enough to call itself Limp Bizkit is never ever going to make worthwhile music. It's just not possible.

Hey cin, I'm here as always! :wave:

I would definitely consider shortening the time. It would make listening to the other lists easier. And I think encouraging voting even if you haven't heard the lists would get more votes. And probably get more discussion in the thread.

Yeah, and now that we've abandoned the 2 CDs format, 160 minutes isn't all that logical. It should really be either 2 or 3 hours, and 2 would naturally be much more preferable. Those of us ready for DI V already have made 160 minute lists, so I don't think we'll change it for this upcoming edition, but DI VI and beyond should probably be shorter.

However, I still favour actively discouraging people from voting if they haven't properly listened. Otherwise, we just end up with the winner being the person whose tracklist is most mainstream and recognisable or the person who can most mobilise other Interferencers to vote for them.

I tend not to listen so closely to what I'm listening to when I'm on here, though. I'd kinda want to give someone's playlist more of my attention if I was going to vote on it or whatever.

Hence doing running diaries while on here. :wink:

This sounds like a good idea to me, but then I am lazy... of course, when I put my list together I'll probably complain that 160 minutes isn't enough. :lol:

I might just start by chucking all my current favourite songs into a playlist and seeing what comes out of it.

:lol: Yeah, when you actually try making a playlist, 160 minutes seems really hard, or at least it is for me and for most of those I've spoken to. Some people have found it a bit hard to fill up the whole time though, so you never know.

And yeah, I often just start by chucking together tracks I really like that I want to expose people to and see what patterns and themes emerge from that as I try to sort it into something cohesive. My concepts generally come out of the music rather than choosing music to match a concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom