Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind has been elsewhere all day. I wanna see the fucking Joker movie again!

Hm. I'm not sure I've listened to Emperor. I've got both of Ihsahn's solo albums though. Only played the first one, and it's good for sure.

I find many of Emperor's songs to be quite soothing despite the fact that they are quite.. well.. they're black metal. I don't know what they're screaming... and it's likely something satanic, but still. Ye Entranceimperium (I know I misspelled that) is one of my favs. A good song for zoning out.

Yeah, some people I know aren't keen on it simply because they're not into Batman. That's cool. I think it's much more than just a Batman flick though. It's a Batman flick with some amazing fucking acting, cinematography, and the music is striking.

I find many of Emperor's songs to be quite soothing despite the fact that they are quite.. well.. they're black metal. I don't know what they're screaming... and it's likely something satanic, but still. Ye Entranceimperium (I know I misspelled that) is one of my favs. A good song for zoning out.

I need to check out their stuff. Some of it's more on the atmospheric side of black metal, right?

As for Ihsahn, I haven't played his latest, angL, yet, but I really should.

You keep me hating
You keep me listening to The Bends ...

*makes note to put The Bends in her car the next time she gives Ax a lift* ... assuming I don't get my car trapped in another car park. :lol:

Hi Andrew! :wave: Not seen you around for a while... how's things?

Also, I was looking for what the "rules" are of Desert Island, but didn't have much luck... I think I heard you can only use one song by each band, etc... anything about run times and how long people have to put all this together? Does there have to be a theme? Album artwork?

I feel like I should get some David Bowie too... I have one Best-of by The Who, it hasn't struck me as unspeakably brilliant, but I like some of it. :shrug:

*makes note to put The Bends in her car the next time she gives Ax a lift* ... assuming I don't get my car trapped in another car park. :lol:

:madspit: :laugh:

Also, I was looking for what the "rules" are of Desert Island, but didn't have much luck... I think I heard you can only use one song by each band, etc... anything about run times and how long people have to put all this together? Does there have to be a theme? Album artwork?

If you search for one of the sign-up threads at the start of each tournament, it'll have the rules. 160 minutes is the maximum time limit - you can do that as 2 80 minute CDs or a 160 minute iPod tracklist or vinyl or whatever the hell you like. You can only do one song per artist, correct. Artwork is optional but desirable. No requirement for a theme or concept but most people have at least some general thing that links the music choices together so they function like an album rather than just being cool songs thrown together.

I probably should go to bed so that I'm not a cranky bitch tomorrow.

Night all :wave:

Possible drunk posting tomorrow evening.. just a warning :wink:

Have a good one! :wave:

I'm off briefly to buy booze myself ... need something to enjoy during the rugby!

Oh, and hi Brittany! :wave:

If you search for one of the sign-up threads at the start of each tournament, it'll have the rules. 160 minutes is the maximum time limit - you can do that as 2 80 minute CDs or a 160 minute iPod tracklist or vinyl or whatever the hell you like. You can only do one song per artist, correct. Artwork is optional but desirable. No requirement for a theme or concept but most people have at least some general thing that links the music choices together so they function like an album rather than just being cool songs thrown together.

Ah right, thanks... :up:

*ponders* :hmm:

How about "The Worst Segues of All Time" ....? :giggle:

Seriously, I can't focus on anything. My mind wants one thing: The Dark Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom