Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, my hand hurts and the vein in the back of it is sticking out like a lot. Should I be worried?

you don't have to try to convince me!

oh, and arkansaw!

apparently a long time ago (1881) people took a vote on how it'd be said, arkansaw or ar-kansas.

Ha, really?

I think I've said once that I watched a documentary that called it Ar-kansas. It was so weird. It felt like they were talking about a different state too. It was some British documentary and the narrator had PERFECT enunciation, proper and precise ... then out came Ar-kansas and it was so unintentionally hilarious.

Abusing substances too? :wink:
ohno.gif

Ha, really?

I think I've said once that I watched a documentary that called it Ar-kansas. It was so weird. It felt like they were talking about a different state too. It was some British documentary and the narrator had PERFECT enunciation, proper and precise ... then out came Ar-kansas and it was so unintentionally hilarious.
yeah, that's what wikipedia says, at least.

ha! that's funny. i love the british (akak non-american ) way of pronouncing things. like shed-oo-ul or whatevs. or chune instead or tune.

Oh, just realised I didn't say hi to PFan. So hi, PFan! :wave:

Guys, my hand hurts and the vein in the back of it is sticking out like a lot. Should I be worried?

Possibly, but if that happened to me, I'd probably sit there going "that's worrisome ... eh, deal with it later" and never do anything.

yeah, that's what wikipedia says, at least.

ha! that's funny. i love the british (akak non-american ) way of pronouncing things. like shed-oo-ul or whatevs. or chune instead or tune.

Oh, but it's not a standard pronunciation to the rest of us either. This guy was just ... who knows. Hilarious, anyway. It sounded so funny, all this proper pronunciation and then this one glaring fuck-up.

I pronounce 'schedule' both ways. Just whichever comes out first, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom