Conception Junction, Missouri, Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #316
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
You should. It's actually kinda fun. But I've found I enjoy making the list, then by the time the competition gets going, I'm tired of it already and ready to make another
Sounds like me!

The main thing that puts me off is the prospect of having to find time/or just having to listen to twenty other playlists or something...

Old 07-19-2008, 04:00 AM   #317
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yes, I remember a Green Carnation track that was about an hour itself
Yep! Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness is 60:06. I think a couple of others were over half an hour too. The Incredible Expanding Mindfuck track that was 12 or so minutes long was by far the shortest.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 04:01 AM   #318
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Sounds like me!

The main thing that puts me off is the prospect of having to find time/or just having to listen to twenty other playlists or something...
Lila & I listen to them while we're sitting here at the computers. When you think about how much time goes by while your here, you get through a couple lists easily a day. Of course at 160 minutes, it is bit harder. I liked the 80 minute retro lists.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:01 AM   #319
Vocal parasite

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think most people manage to listen to ALL playlists. Some you know you just won't care for. Doing the running diaries in the Superthread was a helpful way of getting through more tracklists for me.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 04:03 AM   #320
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Lila & I listen to them while we're sitting here at the computers. When you think about how much time goes by while your here, you get through a couple lists easily a day. Of course at 160 minutes, it is bit harder. I liked the 80 minute retro lists.
I keep wondering if we should perhaps make the 80 minute form the main form of the game, or reduce the 160 minute limit to 120 minutes.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 AM   #321
The Male

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Damn, I just remembered a song that would be awesome for the Larry DI list. Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:06 AM   #322
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Damn, I just remembered a song that would be awesome for the Larry DI list. Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes.
Dear lord.

Though that is probably the best Limp Bizkit song I've ever heard. Their own material is somehow more shithouse.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 04:09 AM   #323
The Male

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Dear lord.

Though that is probably the best Limp Bizkit song I've ever heard. Their own material is somehow more shithouse.
The first minute or two of the song is alright. Then the shitty drum machine and speak & spell come in and destroy everything.

And yes, everything Limp Bizkit does sucks, right down to their decision to call themselves Limp Bizkit.

Now.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #324
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
I keep wondering if we should perhaps make the 80 minute form the main form of the game, or reduce the 160 minute limit to 120 minutes.
I would definitely consider shortening the time. It would make listening to the other lists easier. And I think encouraging voting even if you haven't heard the lists would get more votes. And probably get more discussion in the thread.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #325
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I tend not to listen so closely to what I'm listening to when I'm on here, though. I'd kinda want to give someone's playlist more of my attention if I was going to vote on it or whatever.

Quote:
This sounds like a good idea to me, but then I am lazy... of course, when I put my list together I'll probably complain that 160 minutes isn't enough.

I might just start by chucking all my current favourite songs into a playlist and seeing what comes out of it.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:12 AM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier

Righto, I'm off to make something approximating dinner... yay for Chicken Tonight
Old 07-19-2008, 04:20 AM   #327
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 10:42 AM

everyone has probably gone now, oh well.

I just watched Knocked Up and saw Hancock at the movies today. Next up I have Death at a Funeral. Had to have a break though cause my bum has gone to sleep
Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 AM   #328
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
The first minute or two of the song is alright. Then the shitty drum machine and speak & spell come in and destroy everything.

And yes, everything Limp Bizkit does sucks, right down to their decision to call themselves Limp Bizkit.
And Fred Durst's voice is nails on a chalkboard.

Any band dumb enough to call itself Limp Bizkit is never ever going to make worthwhile music. It's just not possible.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 04:25 AM   #329
Vocal parasite

Hey cin, I'm here as always!

Quote:
I would definitely consider shortening the time. It would make listening to the other lists easier. And I think encouraging voting even if you haven't heard the lists would get more votes. And probably get more discussion in the thread.
Yeah, and now that we've abandoned the 2 CDs format, 160 minutes isn't all that logical. It should really be either 2 or 3 hours, and 2 would naturally be much more preferable. Those of us ready for DI V already have made 160 minute lists, so I don't think we'll change it for this upcoming edition, but DI VI and beyond should probably be shorter.

However, I still favour actively discouraging people from voting if they haven't properly listened. Otherwise, we just end up with the winner being the person whose tracklist is most mainstream and recognisable or the person who can most mobilise other Interferencers to vote for them.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2008, 04:32 AM   #330
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I tend not to listen so closely to what I'm listening to when I'm on here, though. I'd kinda want to give someone's playlist more of my attention if I was going to vote on it or whatever.
Hence doing running diaries while on here.

Quote:
This sounds like a good idea to me, but then I am lazy... of course, when I put my list together I'll probably complain that 160 minutes isn't enough.

I might just start by chucking all my current favourite songs into a playlist and seeing what comes out of it.
Yeah, when you actually try making a playlist, 160 minutes seems really hard, or at least it is for me and for most of those I've spoken to. Some people have found it a bit hard to fill up the whole time though, so you never know.

And yeah, I often just start by chucking together tracks I really like that I want to expose people to and see what patterns and themes emerge from that as I try to sort it into something cohesive. My concepts generally come out of the music rather than choosing music to match a concept.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread